Needed to tell someone that might care

Options

Replies

• ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Air Force and I've always struggled with the running portion of the Fitness Test. For those that don't know, its a 1.5 mile run. The last test I took in December I ran it in 13 min 19 sec. Two days ago, I got it down to 11:48! I'm super happy about it and I don't have a lot of friends in the area. I just needed to tell someone that seems to care. You all know what it's like to hit your mini-goals so I thought you could relate. Thanks for listening.

Jason

1.5 in under 12 is fantastic man. Great job
  • bioniclemonade
    Options
    Great run!
  • nessaryan
    nessaryan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's great!!!!!
  • ashli_rose
    Options
    I'm in the Air Force and I've always struggled with the running portion of the Fitness Test. For those that don't know, its a 1.5 mile run. The last test I took in December I ran it in 13 min 19 sec. Two days ago, I got it down to 11:48! I'm super happy about it and I don't have a lot of friends in the area. I just needed to tell someone that seems to care. You all know what it's like to hit your mini-goals so I thought you could relate. Thanks for listening.

Jason

Thats great!! It's the little victories in life that creat the big results/changes. I'm a runner, so I know how great it feels to beat your PR!!
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    awesome! I wish I could run,but I have strict orders that it's not allowed. I love your picture in your ticker!
  • Mellocare
    Mellocare Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That's so exciting! Great, great job! Brilliant!
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Thats a great NSV and a good personal goal!! Keep up the great work and I am sure you wil keep shaving minutes/seconds from your time!
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Man... It takes me like 30 minutes to do a mile (probably because I walk it at such a leisurely pace... lol). Totally motivated by your story - I'm going to go out there and pound some pavement!
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Thank you for your service as well!
  • kleighsamboer
    Options
    That is awesome! I know how important those goals are. Keep up the good work!!!!
  • alliover
    alliover Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Always a good feeling when you beat your personal best :) Keep up the good work!!
  • rebecca_chess
    rebecca_chess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    ~*~ HAPPY DANCE ~*~ Congratulations, that's a super improvement!!!! :flowerforyou:

And, thank you very much for your service - I appreciate all that you do!!! :heart:
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Now you're ready for a zombie apocalypse! :)
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I know how stressful it can be to pass your PFT, luckily you don't have to do 3 miles like we did in the Marines..I hated it!
  • Andaw
    Andaw Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good for you, that's a fantastic time!! So good to achieve a goal.
  • shanny72mc
    Options
    Excellent!!
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!!!! My hubby is Air Force, and one of my fitness goals is to be able to pass the female pt test. Congrats!! It always feels awesome to get that score up!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Rock on Jason! Be proud!
  • tinat09
    tinat09 Posts: 1
    Options
    Awesome! :) Good job, Jason! :happy:
  • froggbabe
    Options
    That's awesome!! Way to go! Great job! whoo hoo!! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!