Needed to tell someone that might care

Options

Replies

• Suzy_in_DE
    Suzy_in_DE Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi Jason - I'm retired AF Reserves and I know the PT test from personal experience. The running portion is no joke, I've seen plenty of folks fail because of that portion. Your improvement in run time is fantastic!!! Keep up the good work.
  • arfog
    arfog Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Running has never been my strong suit.
  • DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Way to go! :bigsmile:
  • Jbbaby111
    Jbbaby111 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!!!!
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    5:30 min/km. Excellent pace!
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    God bless you for your service to our country. We need more dedicated people like you!
    CONGRATS on improving your time - very exciting. This will give you motivation to keep going because you are in control!
    You encourage me to improve myself!!
  • funsiiz
    funsiiz Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Right on .......running is tuff for me also:flowerforyou:
  • madmum99
    madmum99 Posts: 19
    Options
    Fantastic Job well done xxxxx
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Jason - Congrats to you!!! Keep up the excellent job. *grabbing the pom poms to cheer ya on*
  • I1ahunt
    I1ahunt Posts: 72
    Options
    Right on Brother!
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Great run!!!
  • fearie_jae
    fearie_jae Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    dude thats so awesome!!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Congrats on dropping your runtime! My last time was a 13:28 and I'm hoping I can at least keep it under a 13:30 for the PRT next month.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Air Force and I've always struggled with the running portion of the Fitness Test. For those that don't know, its a 1.5 mile run. The last test I took in December I ran it in 13 min 19 sec. Two days ago, I got it down to 11:48! I'm super happy about it and I don't have a lot of friends in the area. I just needed to tell someone that seems to care. You all know what it's like to hit your mini-goals so I thought you could relate. Thanks for listening.

Jason

WTG! I have decided to take the bike prt for the first time. I am in the Navy.
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah, you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work and thank you for serving our country and keeping us safe.

From my family to yours thank you

Mary
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    Do you see how many people, at the drop of the hat, know how you feel and want to wish you well? And for every post there is a thousand people that didn't post who feel the same way!!! So if you got thirty posts of congrats!!! that's 30,030 people that are running right along side you in heart and mind!!!!

You are not alone. Not ever.

Unless of course the air force ships you to the south pole.... then you're on your own buddy. ~giggles~ Well maybe some penguins are on MFP....they are a little chubby and can't run for spit.

~hugs~
  • angraham2
    angraham2 Posts: 128
    Options
    SWEET! NSV's are great. And by posting int he message boards, you can see how many of us really do care. Keep up the good work, and thank you for your service!
  • gemmaldavies
    Options
    well done jason. :)))
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Congratulations comrade. That is awesome.

Air Force bubba here as well and like you I hate running. I'm old so my minimums where lower but last April I scored a 76. 2. Almost failed it.
    Run: 14:38
    Push-Ups: 43
    Sit-ups: 39
    Abd Circ: 36.5"

After that I decided to do something about it. Bought P90X DVD and did that. Tested Oct and I scored a 89.80. Missed excellent by 0.2
    Run: 13:16
    Push-ups: 44
    Sit-ups 50
    Abd Circ: 33.00"

The only time a ran was a few weeks before the test just to see where I'm at. Now I don't have to run anymore since I know that if I did P90X I will pass the test easily.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!