Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I need you... but you disgust me!

Okay, what is your absolutely most hated health food? I CANNOT eat fish. Period. I have been trying since I was little, and I just can't do it. Everytime I try it, I tell myself "This is going to be yummy! You're going to love it!" I have tried every kind from Tilapia to Eel, Cod to Salmon... fried, broiled, grilled, sauteed, crusted & dusted. I actually gag it back up as soon as I swallow it down. It sucks because I know it's so good for me! :angry:

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    I don't eat things I don't like.
  • catwomanclaws
    catwomanclaws Posts: 23 Member
    I agree with you...hands down it is FISH for me too. However, I also absolutely cannot stand any sort of yogurt...not even if it has been sweetened with fruits. Ew.
  • jrodx2
    jrodx2 Posts: 203 Member
    Any kind of salad. I HATE the taste of lettuce. Every few years I try to see if maybe I like it afterall or maybe can just learn to.... nope! Every time I start gagging instead.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member

Not much else to say. Not going to eat it if I don't like it. So many good foods out there that there's no need to waste time on the nasty stuff.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    There are alternatives to mostly all foods you dislike. :)
  • Specialkayrina
    Specialkayrina Posts: 242 Member
    Any kind of salad. I HATE the taste of lettuce. Every few years I try to see if maybe I like it afterall or maybe can just learn to.... nope! Every time I start gagging instead.

Same for me.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    More for me...thanks!
  • I agree with the yogurt! Urgghhhh. After a few bites I just can't take it anymore.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
    Mushrooms. They are a fungus. Athlete's Foot is a fungus. I am not going to eat a foot fungus' glorified cousin.
    This:
    tineaPedisAthletesFoot_6401_lg.jpg
    is NOT going in my mouth!
  • I don't like yogurt unless it is in my smoothie :tongue:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member

Not much else to say. Not going to eat it if I don't like it. So many good foods out there that there's no need to waste time on the nasty stuff.

Yep. I don't always eat everything I want, but I want and like everything I eat.
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    I have a hard time with yogurt and cottage cheese. I don't mind the way they taste at all, but the texture gets me every time.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member

agreed~
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Okay, what is your absolutely most hated health food? I CANNOT eat fish. Period. I have been trying since I was little, and I just can't do it. Everytime I try it, I tell myself "This is going to be yummy! You're going to love it!" I have tried every kind from Tilapia to Eel, Cod to Salmon... fried, broiled, grilled, sauteed, crusted & dusted. I actually gag it back up as soon as I swallow it down. It sucks because I know it's so good for me! :angry:

I like salmon, tuna, mahi, swordfish. Can't stand trout, tilapia, flounder, etc. Never liked the light white fish stuff like that.

Foods I hate? asparagus. cooked greens like spinach or collards.
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member

Ditto. It's a pretty simple concept.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Cottage cheese. I've never even tried it. I just can't stand the way it looks. I totally suck I know but I can't help it.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Don't eat it.
  • don't think i can eat now yuck on that picture
  • trmecham
    trmecham Posts: 53
    Funny, I can't stand fish unless it's sushi, then I can't get enough of it. Go figure.
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 995 Member
    Salads I absolutely hate them!