Needed to tell someone that might care

Options

Replies

• ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Air Force and I've always struggled with the running portion of the Fitness Test. For those that don't know, its a 1.5 mile run. The last test I took in December I ran it in 13 min 19 sec. Two days ago, I got it down to 11:48! I'm super happy about it and I don't have a lot of friends in the area. I just needed to tell someone that seems to care. You all know what it's like to hit your mini-goals so I thought you could relate. Thanks for listening.

Jason

WTG! I have decided to take the bike prt for the first time. I am in the Navy.
    Nearly 6 months ago at our last PRT our SECO got upset that so many people biked or did elliptical for the PRT, so he basically put our entire department on FEP (a few people failed as well), in a month I plan to run it for the first time in about three years and I'm hoping a I can get a decent score.
  • noahsampeer1
    noahsampeer1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Air Force and I've always struggled with the running portion of the Fitness Test. For those that don't know, its a 1.5 mile run. The last test I took in December I ran it in 13 min 19 sec. Two days ago, I got it down to 11:48! I'm super happy about it and I don't have a lot of friends in the area. I just needed to tell someone that seems to care. You all know what it's like to hit your mini-goals so I thought you could relate. Thanks for listening.

Jason

WTG! I have decided to take the bike prt for the first time. I am in the Navy.
    Nearly 6 months ago at our last PRT our SECO got upset that so many people biked or did elliptical for the PRT, so he basically put our entire department on FEP (a few people failed as well), in a month I plan to run it for the first time in about three years and I'm hoping a I can get a decent score.

Good luck and let us know how you do!
  • meeralee
    meeralee Posts: 2
    Options
    WTG...your a great inspiration! and thankyou for your service, you are appreciated
  • kelleyt2
    kelleyt2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up!
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Way to go!!!
  • TCWE
    TCWE Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    WOW! Thats awesome! Good for you
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • MLangley
    MLangley Posts: 3
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Keep it up.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Kellyffm
    Kellyffm Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Thank you for your service!
  • Alonnea
    Alonnea Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! My husband is Air Force as well and the run has always been the hardest part for him.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    That's a awesome accomplishment! Congrats! A new PR is always brag-worthy! Thank you so much for your service!:flowerforyou:
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congrats on the better time, and Thank you for your service.
  • chrissyv1024
    chrissyv1024 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! What a great feeling! Keep rockin it!
  • cherokeebunnie
    cherokeebunnie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That is so great Keep up the great work. :happy:
  • SmallerBecky
    Options
    Congratulations, that's awesome! I care, and I'm glad you shared! :)
  • r3d13
    r3d13 Posts: 139
    Options
    Awesome Awesome Awesome. That is great. Keep up the great work!!!!!
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service!! :smile:

That is great on the improved running time!t! It feel so great to hit goals like that!!! :happy:
  • teresafrose
    Options
    Great!!!! Congrats to you.
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great job! I bet your super stoked about it!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!