Salmon recipes?

Options
2»

Replies

• SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I throw it on some tinfoil, rub on about a tsp of fat free mayo, and then season it with a seasoning called Lemon Dilly. Then I drizzle a little bit of lemon juice on it. Bake for around 20 mins at 350 and voila! It's SOOOOOOOOO flaky and moist and delicious when it comes out. Great for breakie, lunch and dinner alike!
  • chaniray
    chaniray Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    simplest way i make it is to coat it in olive oil, lemon pepper, and garlic powder. then i broil it. hard to mess it up and it tastes good.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    My favorite way of cooking salmon is to put it on a cedar board. Cook it on the grill outdoors. It can also be done in an oven, but right now I don't remember the temperature. The board MUST be soaked in water beforehand, so it doesn't catch on fire. But my favorite little "extra" to this is toward the end of cooking, DO let the board catch fire (on grill) and burn a little while you keep a close eye on it. This gives the salmon a real nice, light crust to the outside of the fish, while keeping the inside tender. This method has been passed down from my Native American heritage.
  • Kevww1982
    Kevww1982 Posts: 76
    Options
    blackening seasoning and then put it under the broiler cook till crispy. Flip it over coat with more seasoning then put under the broiler again till that side darkens. YUM
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I throw mine in some tin foil, add the barest amount of unsalted butter, then lemon juice, garlic powder and fresh black pepper to taste. Bake and serve over rice/soba noodles/salad or with a side of smashed cauliflower. I love this. Simple, easy and delicious.

This is how I make mine. Yum.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I put Diana sauce and honey mustard on both sides and bake it for 10 mins each side I think. Until it's cooked haha the flavour is really nice!
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Just bookmarking my place, so I can find this again when I have time to copy down some recipe ideas!

I like salmon with dijon mustard spread on it, then chopped fresh hebs pressed onto that (tarragon, basil chives, whatever!). Baked for maybe 20 minutes.
  • NewImprovedMrsCoates
    NewImprovedMrsCoates Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    We eat salmon easily 3 times per week. My 9 year old LOVES to cook it and she uses this recipe that we created:

Put each piece of salmon in tin foil. Slice a lemon and put one slice under the piece of salmon. Then on top of the salmon we season with salt and pepper and then put a dab of lemon dill butter when we have it... drizzle with olive oil when we don't. We then use either fresh dill or fresh lemongrass and place it on the salmon... then another slice of lemon on the very top. We wrap it up in the foil and bake it for about 20 minutes at 425. SOOOOO tasty! And quite healthy!
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    fresh grated ginger, bit of honey, brown sugar and light soy sauce. Only marinate for a few minutes then baste while under broiler.

another favorite is wasabi powder. do not reconstitute with water, but a little butter and brush on baked salmon.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Did a brown sugar glaze recently from Weight Watchers Make It in Minutes. Really easy, pretty good, too.

Makes 4 servings:
    1/4 cup packed brown sugar
    2 tablespoons dijon mustard
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (or 2 teaspoons dried)
    4 6-ounce Salmon fillets, skinned
    Salt (which I omit) and Pepper to taste

1. Spray broiler rack with non-stick spray, preheat the broiler
    2. Whisk together the brown sugar, mustard and dill in a small bowl. Sprinkle both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper Place the salmon on the broiler rack, spoon the brown sugar glaze on top.
    3. Position 7 inches away from heat and broil until lightly browned and just opaque in center (about 6 minutes)

Per serving:
    339 Calories
    Total fat: 17g
    Saturated Fat: 3g
    Cholesterol 85mg
    Sodium: 421 mg (this is lower if you skip the salt, like I did. I personally don't think it needed any extra salt)
    Total Carbs: 14g
    Dietary fiber: 0g
    Protein: 30g
    Calcium: 44mg
  • AnjelikaJ
    Options
    I made this steamed salmon once (by mistake)... You mix soy 1 part soy sauce ( maybe a cup ) and an equal amount of water and then a little bit of sugar... Oh and minced garlic. Set this teriyaki type sauce to the side. On med/high heat, spray the pan w olive oil and when the pan is hot, place 2 salmon filets in it. You're gonna quickly sear the outside of the fish on both sides. Once it's seared, pour the teri sauce over the fish and cover the pan and then turn off the stove. The fish will steam in the Teri sauce so don't open the lid. Leave it alone for about 10 minutes and then it should be done. When you plate the fish, you can also sprinkle sesame seed nori on top.

Like I said, I made this by mistake and it came out pretty tasty. My measurements are now exact, but now that you have the "sear, steam" idea, you could probably make it with all kinds of sauces. :)
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    The following recipe was my first ever attempt at cooking fish- not only a success but DELICIOUS!!
    Really simple and easy to do! And I love to eat the relish on just about anything! Also, McCormick
    has put out a recipe card with portioned seasons (found in the spices section of the store) for
    Asian Sesame Salmon. Another yummy, easy salmon recipe! Enjoy!

PAN SEARED SALMON with Pineapple Jalepeno relish

Ingredients:
    2 cups chopped pineapple

1/4 cup finely chopped red onion

1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

2 teaspoons sugar (I used Splenda)

1 finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper

1/2 teaspoon salt, divided

Cooking spray

1 teaspoon chili powder

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

4(6-ounce) salmon fillets

Preparation
    Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt.
    Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, chili powder, and black pepper, stirring well; sprinkle evenly over fish. Add fish to pan, skin side up; cook 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with pineapple mixture.

Nutritional Information
    Amount per serving

Calories: 308
    Calories from fat: 46%
    Fat: 15.6g
    Saturated fat: 3.2g
    Monounsaturated fat: 5.7g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 5.7g
    Protein: 28.8g
    Carbohydrate: 11.7g
    Fiber: 1.3g
    Cholesterol: 80mg
    Iron: 0.7mg
    Sodium: 394mg
    Calcium: 31mg
  • mlang1955
    mlang1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i grill it on my george foreman and eat it with honey mustard dressing over a salad...yummy!
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    The easiest way I regularly make salmon is as salmon cakes!

I put a couple of fillets in the food processor, skin and all, and chop it all up. Then I put that in a bowl and mix it with some chopped green onions, minced ginger and garlic, sesame seeds, and bread crumbs - panko is best.

I form this into appropriate-sized patties and fry in sesame oil. I serve it with a dipping sauce made of equal parts soy sauce and rice vinegar. :) Hot sauce optional!

There's so many different ways you can make salmon cakes.... but this is my favourite!
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    Salt & Pepper and bake..... YUMMMMMY
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I like to poach it and then broil it a little.

I put the juice of 1/2 a lemon in a pan with a little water, then put in a little bit of Mrs. Dash. Bring to boil, put the fillet in and cook on each side. Then remove to a broiler pan for about 3 minutes each side. I squeeze a little lemon on it prior to eating, and pure yum. :)
  • 600racer
    600racer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Light coat of olive oil, season with a little, or more, Jamacian jerk, bake ar 350 for bout 30 minutes.
  • cassiegrace
    Options
    Bump:smile:
  • tabbicat0813
    tabbicat0813 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump. My husband will love this!