What intresting things do you do while working out?

Options
Gordie580
Gordie580 Posts: 154 Member
I play madden football 2012 football on ps3 while I work out.

Replies

• tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I play madden football 2012 football while I work out.

How do you squeeze in a workout while fiercely involved in that test of skill and manliness? ;)
  • Gordie580
    Options
    Very easy, concentrate on Football and I don't even know I am working out. I started doing this about 40 days ago and it is working out well for me. I have very good physical skills........
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I curse like a sailor and threaten my exercises with death.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I watch HGTV and the Discovery channel! Always sucks me right in.
  • scienceteacherAK
    scienceteacherAK Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Read my Kindle!
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    i read! and sometimes check my work email giving others the illusion of productivity...
  • ShalisaClam
    ShalisaClam Posts: 190
    Options
    I daydream about how great I'm going to look lol
    and I repeat to myself "I can do anything for 10 minutes" when I'm struggling to get through the next 10 minutes of my exercise tape...

:tongue:
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    curse and swear at Jillian MIchaels If Im working out with her..
    or watch movies on my ipod if on the treadmill
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    What are you actually doing? Clearly nothing with your arms, hey? When I get under 250 I can then use my wife's stationary bike and play my PS3. Can't wait! :D

But I have to swing my arms when I'm on the treadmill, and it's impossible to play games while lifting anything, or boxing. Unless I'm doing EA Sports Active 2.0, in which case, it's not really a game..
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    If I'm running, usually turn on a movie or watch a show I missed online...or turn on the tv--some kind of visual distraction that'll suck me into the drama. If I'm lifting--usually cursing Jillian Michael's out in my head (I INFINITELY LOATHE strength training, but know it's a necessary means to my goal weight end, hence why I do JM videos cause it's the only way I'll stick to a regular strength training program).
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I prop my tablet up on my exercise bike... cover up the feedback screen..... ledge is PERFECT for it and the fan is positioned in just the right place to not be blocked by it........ and then I either read, flip through the news.... watch netflix, catch up on shows... you name it. Makes time pass SOOOOO much more quickly, and it's almost a treat to have that time to myself!!!
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i like to crank up the music when i am running, or i watch tv. when i am doing dvd's i play with my dogs while i workout. they are always trying to help me with my push-ups and sit-ups!!
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options

LOL. My brother-in-law used to play Guitar Hero while on the treadmill.

As for me, if I'm on the treadmill, I watch TV. If I'm walking / jogging outside, I do math problems in my head.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I constantly tell myself and my spotter how incredibly weak I am.
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    i play the violin while Im running 7mph pace on the treadmill. lol. nah jk-- nothing interesting with me.. just a man and his thoughts.
  • Gordie580
    Options
    Today, I did 88min of working out, and didn't even realise it. I do use my arms, on defense, all the time. I use an elipitcal, i get shin splints on treadmills.
  • kendib
    kendib Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Depends on what exercise I'm doing. If I'm running I do nothing but run, it is my time to clear my head and NOT think. I usually read or watch tv if I'm using a machine at the gym.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Lip-synch to music blaring on my zune and daydream about... well.. everything.
  • BrittanyH8588
    BrittanyH8588 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    While doing Zumba I am cursing and saying mean things to Beto and his little friends and their perfect abs and then to myself "If I keep working out like this I will have abs like all of them one day!!" And then when I do my calisthenics for 20 min I watch tv :)
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is "interesting" or not... but I make faces at myself in the mirror at the gym while I'm strength training... keeps me amused, makes me work harder, and I think it keeps anyone from standing too close to me or stealing my weights :-)

When I ride my bike trainer at home, I watch movies...