How old were you when you had kids?

Options

Replies

• ginaaz1988
    ginaaz1988 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had my daughter at almost 37, wouldn't change anything!!
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    My wife was 22, 28, 32, 37 ... and ... I think we're done ;) ... maybe ... possibly ... thought we were done at 3 until the baby bug hit me! lol ... I wouldn't worry about it my friend ...
  • lizabelle83
    Options
    with my first husband i was 17 with first daughter & 21 with second daughter, i would like to have another before i turn 30 but i really need to play my cards right
  • bootbuilder
    Options
    I was 35 and 37. My sister in law was 37 and 39. I think you just don't have the same energy level, but I would not have done it any other way. I wanted to be established in my career and have grad school completed before family! Now we can do what we want to do and not have to worry about schooling getting in the way.
  • pinkiekat
    pinkiekat Posts: 39
    Options
    I was 35 years old with my first one (daughter) and 37 years old with my second one (son). I had been married for 12 years when my daughter was born. It was our choice to wait until we were older, and I have many friends who did the same thing. I wanted to finish college and my graduate degree before having kids. Plus work a little bit before becoming a SAHM. My daughter is now 4 1/2 years old.. I'm 39.. going on 40 years old. You should do what you think is right for you and your husband. Of course your parents and in-laws want you to have children now so they can play with grandkids, but it's your life. If you have any questions feel free to message me.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    28 and 30... but if I were given the chance to write our script over, I think I'd back everything up by at least five years - marriage, kids, AND hubby's career change! It would have made it more likely that we could have had a bigger family, I was in better shape, we would have more money now... lots of reasons. But life is what it is, and it's all good. :o)

BodyRockerVT - isn't that funny.... by comparison, I've been the "older mom" most of the time... not so many 30-somethings with four year olds in our area.
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I was told I could never have children. We had our miracle baby when I was 45! He is now three and I thank God he came into our lives. You never know what is in store for you.

Diana
  • laurabeth326
    laurabeth326 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I had my son when I was 24 and I'm almost 27 now. Only recently have some of my friends starting have children too. And plenty of them don't want to start til they are at least 30. I think it's really what works best for you.
  • RH_Brazell
    RH_Brazell Posts: 339
    Options
    I was 22 when i had my first and 24 when i had my second
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    25 when I had my son. I'm now 27 and going to wait a couple/few more years until deciding if we are going to try for another baby or not. Nothing wrong with waiting. That's good for you!
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    We are looking to have 2, maybe 3 children. Hopefully close together. He's in grad school right now to become a pastor. Once he gets established in a church after graduation in May 2014 (thus leading to financial stability and health insurance!), we're going to start trying to conceive. I work from home selling Tastefully Simple products. That's not so easy on a college campus where everyone is broke and doesn't provide any benefits.
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    31 and 39. Same father, even tho since they are so far apart, people wondered....
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    my wife and i is 19 then 29. In my opinion it works well for us since we didn't stop having fun. we tried our best to be educated and makes sure we have good progress in terms of career even in entertainment so we're so far, so good still.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I had three children. I was 22 for the first, 25 for the second, 27 for the third. After the third was born, my PCOS, which I had since I was a teen but didn't know it, kicked into high gear. The hormonal imbalances from the PCOS rendered me infertile, and the Reproductive Endocrinologist who diagnosed me told me that I was very, very lucky to have had my children young, because I would have been childless had I waited, or would have at the least had to invest $$$ in attempts to conceive.

My youngest is now 24 and my DH and I did NOTHING to prevent pregnancy from the time she was two years old.

For many, waiting is just fine, but it IS a gamble, and tragically, if you start later and there IS a problem, the window of time you have to conceive is much, much smaller.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Had my first at 19, second at 22. they are 2.5yrs apart. :)
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I was 31 when I had my little man.:smile:
  • andreascarff
    andreascarff Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I was 20, 25 & 29 :)
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Well I guess I am the "late bloomer" thus far in this thread: Had my one and only at 42, with no assistance from medical science. She is beautiful and healthy and my pregnancy was not difficult by any means. We were not seriously trying, (not to piss off anyone who has struggled with trying to conceive) - it was just God's will and timing - and perhaps a wee bit too much alcohol on the night of my mother-in-law's memorial.... I have always considered that Marie went to heaven just to pick Casey out for us.
  • naiomi85
    naiomi85 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I had my daughter unplanned when i was 17. I will be 29 in 2 years when my husband finishes grad school. That is when we plan on having more.
  • fitmom_pam1976
    fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Got married at 19 had my first at 22 and my second at 31