Wash Your Hands!!!!

Options

Replies

• KJVBear33
    KJVBear33 Posts: 628
    Options
    You can't go overboard though, exposure to germs is good as it helps strengthen your immune system. No wonder people get sick so easily these days.

I barely ever get sick..........last time I actually remember getting sick was before Christmas........had the 24 hour bug.......
  • t3hsandy
    t3hsandy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I get picky with washing hands and hygiene when I'm at school. I go to a University, yet I see people picking their noses and eating their snot ALL THE TIME. One girl, last semester, started and kept going for 20 minutes. Every finger was used. And she typed afterwards. I told her to stop because it was disgusting. She moved to a different computer and did it again. I put a note on the computer to keep people from using it. She still does it. I saw her today texting with one hand and going at it with the other.

The's another guy I saw in my Neuroscience class do the same thing. He sits in the front row. Lights are all on. Yet he's picking his nose and eating the snot. What the hell?!?!? Do these students think that, because they left the house they can throw all the manners they were taught out the window?

I personally sanitize my hands between each class, after I eat, after I wash my hands in the bathroom and after I get off the public bus. I go through 1 bottle in 1 week.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    If you cleaned your dirty pooper, you really really really should wash your hands. I don't care what the studies say about the flusing, touching door knobs, etc. ALSO, the problem is pathogenic bacteira. I don't want you e-coli infested hands shaking mine.
  • KJVBear33
    Options
    Nose picking is disgusting!! Let alone eating the boogs........GROSS!! They must be 2 years old and don't know any better.......
  • JewelE77
    JewelE77 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    AMEN! Absolutely disgusting! The people that make me the craziest are the people that sneeze & cough into their hands all during Mass and then want to shake everyone's hand during the "Peace be with you" phase of Mass. Bleck. No, thank you. If I am sick, I tell people peace but I let them know that I am sick so I don't share my germs. More people should use common sense. No one wants your germs!
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I can't believe this is really a discussion. I am not a germ-a-phobe, but I don't want your snot or poo touching me when we shake hands or I borrow your pen. Yes, please wash.
  • BlackRangerX
    BlackRangerX Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I only wash my hands BEFORE I play with the mushroom tip... Besides that, let the germs take over:bigsmile:
  • Thad81
    Thad81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I like when people sneeze directly into my mouth.

Now thats funny as it has happened to me! LOL
  • rahmyers
    rahmyers Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well here's another point of view. I have autoimmune disease, which means that my body stupidly thinks its attacking an enemy when it attacks me instead! So when people who are sick or don't wash their hands are touching what I touch, then my body sees the invader and attacks us both. This disease I have kills people like me. This disease has a survival rate, which means some don't. It makes my body attack any connective tissue in my body, and FYI that's skin, muscles, organs, bone, even my blood. What's the treatment? Immuno supressants to control my immune system. Which means any germ that'd make you a little ill will put me in bed or in the hospital or worse!

So evrey time I step out my door to get the mail, pick up my 9 year old daughter from school or go grocery shopping i'm hoping that people are good enough to remember the immuno compromised people like me and please wash your hands. Belive it or not there are other Autoimmune patients, cancer patients, and a whole host of other people with compromised immune systems living in your midst.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm not a germaphobe, but if I am in a public restroom washing my hands, and someone comes out of the stall and heads straight for the door, I ask them very loudly, "Aren't you going to wash your hands?" Most pretend they don't hear me and walk out, but I am betting they are very conscious of that experience every time thereafter.

I bet they dont care...and I bet THEY never get sick either.

I bet you're right. :smile:
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    AMEN! Absolutely disgusting! The people that make me the craziest are the people that sneeze & cough into their hands all during Mass and then want to shake everyone's hand during the "Peace be with you" phase of Mass. Bleck. No, thank you. If I am sick, I tell people peace but I let them know that I am sick so I don't share my germs. More people should use common sense. No one wants your germs!

OMG ya. Nasty, nasty ... nasty. That or drinking the Eucharist after all the other people have had their mouth on it. Some people even refuse to hold my hands when we are doing the Lord's prayer. Makes me laugh.

The worst and most vile germ infested object is the cell phone. Especially those cell phones that people text with while taking a dump. Seriously. Absolutely foul! :indifferent:

And who the bloody hell EATS THEIR BOOGERS??????????? WHAT! That is absolutely disgusting. BLECH. Not too far removed from a monkey......
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    "#2.Using Antibacterial Soap

Why People Do It:

Bacteria makes us sick. The only way for us (and our precious children) to stay healthy is to kill the ****ers. We're, uh, referring to the bacteria there, not the precious children.

Unless...

These days you can get antibacterial anything: hand soap, dish soap, hand lotion, edible panties, gun oil. We'll have those bacteria eradicated in no time!

Why They Shouldn't:

Nature is a funny thing. Not "knock-knock joke" funny, but "horrifying death preceded by agonizing suffering" funny. The thing about biology is that while it is really easy to kill a lot of something, it's a lot harder to kill all of something. And the survivors tend to be a lot tougher and pissed off.

Thus, there is concern that the stronger bacteria will become resistant as the weaker bacteria are killed off by our shelves of antibacterial products, leaving only the resistant ones behind. Darwinism works its magic.

Bacteria. Maybe.

This has already happened with the staphylococcus bacteria, which have developed strains that laugh at penicillin like Superman laughs at bullets, except Superman won't cause you to develop pus-filled boils and kill you afterward.

If the idea of super germs isn't scary enough, it turns out the same chemicals we're using to try and kill those germs may actually be making us sick as well. The active ingredient in antibacterial soap is now thought to have the potential to affect sex hormones and the nervous system both. In fact, the chemicals causing the concern have been found in the urine of 75 percent of people, which means the poison is probably in your wiener right now.

If all this still isn't ironic enough for you, then consider that getting rid of all those bacteria may actually be worse for us in the long run. Scientists believe that kids who are kept in sterile environments develop more allergies. The theory is that these kids are not exposed to the germs and their immune systems never develop the natural resistance to them. Basically it means our immune systems are playing Dungeons & Dragons instead of pumping iron and taking Karate and banging hot chicks.

The final nail in this comedy of errors and mixed metaphors is that studies found that using antibacterial soap is no better than using regular soap. Just one more marketing gimmick."

from
    http://www.cracked.com/article_17084_5-ways-people-are-trying-to-save-world-that-dont-work_p2.html#ixzz1nxV3tjOl
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    From "You Are All Diseased" (1999)

Where did this sudden fear of germs come from in this country? Have you noticed this? The media constantly running stories about all the latest infections? Salmonella, E-coli, hanta virus, bird flu, and Americans will panic easily so everybody's running around scrubbing this and spraying that and overcooking their food and repeatedly washing their hands, trying to avoid all contact with germs. It's ridiculous and it goes to ridiculous lengths.

In prisons, before they give you lethal injection, they swab your arm with ALCOHOL. Wouldn't want some guy to go to hell AND be sick.Fear of germs, why these ########. You can't even get a decent hamburger anymore they cook the #### out of everything now 'cause everyone's afraid of FOOD POISONING! Hey, wheres you sense of adventure? Take a ####### chance will you? Hey you know how many people die of food poisoning in this country? Nine thousand, thats all, its a minor risk.

Take a ####### chance bunch of #######. Besides, what d'ya think you have an immune system for? It's for killing germs! But it needs practice, it needs germs to practice on. So if you kill all the germs around you, and live a completely sterile life, then when germs do come along, you're not gonna be prepared. And never mind ordinary germs, what are you gonna do when some super virus comes along that turns your vital organs into liquid ####?! I'll tell you what your gonna do ... you're gonna get sick. You're gonna die and your gonna deserve it because you're ####### weak and you got a ####### weak immune system!

Let me tell you a true story about immunization ok. When I was a little boy in New York city in the nineteen-forties, we swam in the Hudson river. And it was filled with raw sewage! OK? We swam in raw sewage, you know, to cool off. And at that time the big fear was polio. Thousands of kids died from polio every year. But you know something? In my neighborhood no one ever got polio. No one! EVER! You know why? Cause WE SWAM IN RAW SEWAGE! It strengthened our immune system, the polio never had a prayer. We were tempered in raw ####!

So personally I never take any precautions against germs. I don't shy away from people who sneeze and cough. I don't wipe off the telephone, I don't cover the toilet seat, and if I drop food on the floor I pick it up and eat it! Even if I'm at side walk cafe! IN CALCUTTA! THE POOR SECTION! ON NEW YEARS MORNING DURING A SOCCER RIOT! And you know something? In spite of all the so called "risky behavior ".... I never get infections. I don't get em. I don't get colds, I don't get flu, I don't get headaches, I don't get upset stomach, And you know why? Cause I got a good strong immune system! And it gets a lot of practice!

My immune system is equipped with the biological equivalent of fully automatic military assault rifles, with night vision and laser scopes. And we have recently acquired phosphorous grenades, cluster bombs and anti personnel fragmentation mines.

So, when my white blood cells are on patrol reconnoitering my blood stream seeking out strangers and other undesirables, and if they see any, ANY, suspicious looking germs of any kind, THEY DON'T. ####. AROUND. They whip out the weapons, they wax the mother###### and deposit the unlucky fellow directly into my colon! Into my colon. There's no nonsense! There's no miranda warning, there's none of that three strikes and your out bull####. First defense, BAM! Into the colon you go!

-- George Carlin
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yeah if your toothbrush is within 5 feet of the toilet, it's being peppered with treats whenever you flush with the lid up. All I can say is yes, yes and I'm 32 without any cavities.

Are you seriously trying to suggest that people get cavities because of bacteria from the toilet? That is a classic, which corner of the internet did you dig that gem up from, or let me guess, your friend/relative is totally a dentist.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I'm not a germaphobe, but if I am in a public restroom washing my hands, and someone comes out of the stall and heads straight for the door, I ask them very loudly, "Aren't you going to wash your hands?" Most pretend they don't hear me and walk out, but I am betting they are very conscious of that experience every time thereafter.

proper reply to that bit of "invasive judgmental observation" is "I have learned to go to the bathroom without urinating on myself"

This. I'm pretty sure when I go to the bathroom I don't put my hand through my steady stream of urine. I have learned to wait until it's stopped, grab fresh toilet paper and wipe myself. I never end up touching myself when I pee, so I'm sure my hands were just as clean as when I walked in there.

If someone made that comment to me, I'd rightfully tell them to go *kitten* themselves. Sorry, but her comment was just downright rude.
  • KJVBear33
    Options

proper reply to that bit of "invasive judgmental observation" is "I have learned to go to the bathroom without urinating on myself"

This. I'm pretty sure when I go to the bathroom I don't put my hand through my steady stream of urine. I have learned to wait until it's stopped, grab fresh toilet paper and wipe myself. I never end up touching myself when I pee, so I'm sure my hands were just as clean as when I walked in there.

If someone made that comment to me, I'd rightfully tell them to go *kitten* themselves. Sorry, but her comment was just downright rude.

Agreed.........feel the exact same way! You aren't the king/queen of the bathroom, so therefore nothing should be said. If it grosses you out that much, shudder inwardly, shake it off, and go about your business.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

Agreed.........feel the exact same way! You aren't the king/queen of the bathroom, so therefore nothing should be said. If it grosses you out that much, shudder inwardly, shake it off, and go about your business.

Exactly.
  • ohpilot
    ohpilot Posts: 73 Member
    Options

That's kind of unfair. How do you know they didn't use hand sanitizer in the stall? Or that they aren't digging around in their purse for it on the way out?

I do that sometimes. I find that some public washroom soaps dry my hands out really badly. If I happen to have sanitizer on me, I'd rather use that... but I'm also one of those people who would call you right back out if you said something to me about it.
  • KJVBear33
    Options

That's kind of unfair. How do you know they didn't use hand sanitizer in the stall? Or that they aren't digging around in their purse for it on the way out?

I do that sometimes. I find that some public washroom soaps dry my hands out really badly. If I happen to have sanitizer on me, I'd rather use that... but I'm also one of those people who would call you right back out if you said something to me about it.

YUP!! It all comes down to making someone uncomfortably embarrased.........why humiliate? Plus, I am sure this person has gone without washing their hands once or twice...........no matter if they have or have not used the actual toilet (some people have wardrobe issues or need to fix something else......). Just cause the toilet flushes, does not mean they used the toilet in that fashion anyway. So unless you are a peeping tom, you need to keep the comments to yourself.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    While I would never say anything - unless it was someone I know - I think it's icky not to wash your hands or use sanitizer after using a public restroom. I am a germaphobe. I'm aware no one is sticking their hands in their urine stream (well maybe not no one who the heck knows) but you are touching all the surfaces (door handles/locks mostly) other people have touched before you and who knows what they did or didn't do in that stall...changing diapers/sanitary items/etc etc.

I wouldn't say anything because I don't know if that stranger has hand sanitizer or not - and hey it's a stranger, if they're unclean whatever, but in the days before hand sanitizer this was still going on and I personally always thought it was gross.