Reading each others food diarys!!

Options

Replies

• vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Well mine is public but I am cheering on 48 people so I don't generally add new ones or all I would be doing is commenting on statuses, lol. But you are welcome to check it out. It is disgustingly healthy, lol. My pals are always surprised I'm eating so many veggies but I love variety. I watch folks eating pretty much nothing and consuming as many calories as i am and complaining they are starving, well yeah.
  • Mrsg711
    Mrsg711 Posts: 12
    Options
    It kind of annoys me when people's diaries aren't public. What on earth are you afraid of? We are all here for the same reason, to get healthier!

I only have one or two friends with open diaries. I don't look at food diaries to criticize them, I look through them to get new ideas for me to add!!

Mine is set to public, feel free to take a look, not always perfect (rarely perfect actually!!) but maybe I can give someone some new ideas of foods to try!!!
    :drinker:

I totally agree!!!! Mine I'd public.....feel free to view or add me as well. :)
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    My diary is public, but please ignore the last few days as I've been spiking & yesterday I didn't track at all because I was ill, Yesterday was the only day I didn't track since I joined :]
  • briannw
    briannw Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My food diary is public. Looking for new ideas (as well as new friends). Please add me
  • jacalou
    jacalou Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Mine's viewable! Add me as a friend if you'd like! :wink:
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    i think mine is only open to friends but feel free to add me, i have stopped mine being viewable in the past because i've had people being critical and that really annoys me as I'm not there to criticise anyones eating habits. We all have bad days and busy days where we can't always eat properly and I don't appreciate being told so, none of us are saints, you don't have to cut out the naughty stuff completely, were here to eat in moderation and learn about what we are eating in the long run and how it affects us..... sorry i've gone completely off topic, i get grumpy when people tell me off lol!
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Well mine is public but I am cheering on 48 people so I don't generally add new ones or all I would be doing is commenting on statuses, lol. But you are welcome to check it out. It is disgustingly healthy, lol. My pals are always surprised I'm eating so many veggies but I love variety. I watch folks eating pretty much nothing and consuming as many calories as i am and complaining they are starving, well yeah.

Wow I just checked your diary from yesterday and I was attacked by vegetables. A lot of good stuff. Can't wait to nick a few of your food ideas :D
  • nenardzz
    nenardzz Posts: 8
    Options
    bump
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I keep my food diary private...mostly because it's pretty boring. I'm quite content with eating the same things every single day. Even back when I was in college I think I ate a turkey sandwich every day for an entire semester lol
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Mine's public. Not always the best (Especially yesterday, bad evening, lol) but it's all there. The only thing I don't track is water or trace quantities of spices (including salt because I'm not that concerned about it.)
  • mgpage
    mgpage Posts: 123
    Options
    Sending you a request!
  • phatty4dayz
    phatty4dayz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to my friends as well so if anyone wants to add me feel free. I also try to provide feedback on my friends diaries (if I have a question or comment) and I comment on their statuses for support. I'm just that type of friend. And I appreciate that type of friend in return. In my opinion that's what MFP is for... *shrugs*
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to friends. I used to have it open to the public however a snarky person commented that some of my meals weren't vegetarian so I was a "fraud" :explode: (sometimes I use a meat item when I can't find a vegetarian option in the database like stuffed grape leaves, I eat the vegetarian version). I prefer a plant based diet but apparently the veggie police are scouring diaries, lol!!!

Anyone is free to add me as a friend. I believe in keeping my diary open to friends as I need the accountability. :flowerforyou:

Sláinte
  • DaveRCF
    DaveRCF Posts: 266
    Options
    Never even considered making mine private. Why bother. Look as much as you want. Any questions, just ask.
  • hesgro2
    hesgro2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I just recently switched mine over to public. I'm hoping it will help me make healthier choices, plus I realized how nice it was when other people shared theirs so I could steal their ideas. Haha

You can add me if you like. :smile:
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Mine is open for anyone to see. :)
  • tiffanyvc
    tiffanyvc Posts: 99
    Options
    It took me about a year on MFP before I made my diary public. It was a huge step for me. What amazed me was that nothing bad happened when I made it public. One of my friends commented that I was doing well with my diary, and that just cemented it for me. I don't really care who looks at it now. In fact, it almost makes me want to be more careful with my logging, because I know someone might look at it and I want them to know that I am being honest and up front with everything on here.

I'll send you a friend request - I'm always open to new friends and the new ideas they bring!
  • jenhowse1
    jenhowse1 Posts: 49
    Options
    My diary is open. Happy for people to have a look and comment - positive or negative! Happy to listen to advice - but may not act on it!
    I do look at other people's diaries too - interesting to see what ideas others have for meals
    CAn add me as a friend too if you want
  • risajanes
    risajanes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My food diary is public. My good days and my not so good days LOL.
  • Geeky_Girl
    Geeky_Girl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I know I don't eat great (I stay within my calories, but it's still not pretty :tongue: ), so it's a little intimidating knowing when other people have looked, but it's also inspiring and it does help me think about what I'm eating ("If I eat that piece of cake, EVERYONE is going to know!"). Mine is open to friends. :smile: