How "big" is "too big" for a bikini?

Options

Replies

• MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    As long as you feel comfortable...that is all that matters.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and when I reach my goal I'll definately wear one! It beats the alternative...getting another ticket for skinnydipping! :embarassed:
  • BlackRangerX
    BlackRangerX Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Post pics of yourself in a bikini so we can evaluate.

BRILLIANT!!!
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    7 Foot Tall is too tall for a bikini.
  • lisaidem
    lisaidem Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are recreational nudists, so I have seen it all. The universal rule, no matter what you are wearing, is that if your clothes/bathing suit FIT YOUR BODY, then the sky is the limit. That pic that someone posted of that extremelely large woman in a size 16 bathing suit is not cute because it makes it look like her fat is eating the suit. And that's never cute, whether it is a bathing suit or day-to-day clothes.
    The problem is (depending on how you look at it), is that it is not super easy to find a size 20 bikini. But DO NOT buy a size 12 bikini because that is all you can find.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options

If you really want an opinion of if you can that is the only way...
  • linda1243
    linda1243 Posts: 166
    Options
    I'd say just do it tastefully. If you end up with a bikini that is way too small and creating indents in your thighs or letting your boobs fall out the bottom of the top then that is too much for THAT bikini. Even skinny people start too look fat when they wear clothes that are just too tight for their bodies. If you find one that you look great in and you are comfortable just go for it!
  • megs2003
    megs2003 Posts: 90
    Options
    It's about how comfortable you feel. I'm curvy and carry my weight in my stomach, but I've almost always rocked a bikini (this is the first year I'm not 100% comfortable thanks to 15 extra pounds :() and I have really thin friends who would never feel comfortable wearing one.

Do you feel good in it? Then wear it. It's the beach, not the office so have fun!
  • Maxingtonbear
    Maxingtonbear Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think it's more a matter of feeling comfortable and wearing a flattering bikini that fits, no matter what your size.

A bikini that doesn't fit right - doesn't cover enough, isn't supporting enough, or cuts into the flesh - isn't flattering on anyone no matter what their size.

Most definitely this! I totally think it depends more on the actual fit of said bikini.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    me i am to big for a bikkini
    5'6" 170lbs and its all in my tummie....mmmmmwwwaaaahhhahahahahah
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are recreational nudists, so I have seen it all. The universal rule, no matter what you are wearing, is that if your clothes/bathing suit FIT YOUR BODY, then the sky is the limit. That pic that someone posted of that extremelely large woman in a size 16 bathing suit is not cute because it makes it look like her fat is eating the suit. And that's never cute, whether it is a bathing suit or day-to-day clothes.
    The problem is (depending on how you look at it), is that it is not super easy to find a size 20 bikini. But DO NOT buy a size 12 bikini because that is all you can find.
    I agree! I don't know how many times I've been at a beach and thought someone was walking at me naked, when in fact their bikini bottom or (even worse, a speedo) was covered by flab. Ewww! I would rather see someone naked and free than covered up with string!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I don't think it really matters. If someone thinks your too big, thats their problem.

By the same token, ever see the 'eww shes so skinny and gross and looks like a 12yr old boy' threads on here? Meaning people'll think youre TOO skinny to wear one too.

So you can't please everyone.

Unless you're me, then you can, and do.

:wink:
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    If YOU think you look good in a bikin, then rock that bikini! Who cares what everybody else thinks?!
  • FionaNiConnor
    FionaNiConnor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    if you ask anyone in a country OTHER than the US, there is not a "too big" for a bikini

You are completely right. I went to the Dominican Republic about a year ago and there were some... um, very, very inappropriate bikinis there. There was one lady who was probably a US 16 or 18 and she was wearing a string bikini. She looked like a roast tied up in butcher's twine. It was horrible.
  • rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Options
    Wow replies coming in fast!Do you need approval from others=heck NO!Ive been thinking about this lately too,when you feel comfortable do it.Dont listen to nasty criticism.Be confident and love yourself:)
  • chergarr73
    chergarr73 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It's not about a size...it's about lumps and jiggle....if you are lumpy and you jiggle when you walk, you should def have some "control" going on. A bikini offers none. ;)
  • Hannah_PRprincess13
    Options

LMAO! You just wanna see sexiness.....LOL :laugh:
  • lisaidem
    lisaidem Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    She looked like a roast tied up in butcher's twine. It was horrible.
    HAAAAAAAAAAA. That is a perfect analogy!:laugh:
  • huneybun1
    huneybun1 Posts: 12
    Options
    too big can only be defined by what you define as too big, if you are comfortable in a bikini then too big should never be a question. Its all about how you feel about yourself in your skin, and clothes.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    When your confidence allows you to wear a bikini, you can wear a bikini.

I probably could get away with a bikini at my size and fitness level, but I don't have the confidence to pull it off.

That being said, there are ladies who weigh a good bit more than I do who can get away with a bikini because they are confident enough about their bodies that a little extra here and there doesn't matter to them.