How "big" is "too big" for a bikini?

Options

Replies

• Hannah_PRprincess13
    Options
    Girl don't worry about what others think....If you feel comfortable in your own skin and bikini GO FOR IT!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else is saying....whatever makes you feel comfortable. There is a social stigma about bikinis and weight which pretty much says its not acceptable to wear a bikini if you have extra weight. Don't pay attention to that!
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'd say there is no such thing as being too big for a bikini, my general rule is if someone is happy with who they are and they want to wear a bikini then that's fine, it's all down to confidence and comfort. I mean if it's hot you want to wear as little as possible.
    I know no matter how much weight I lose I will never been seen in a bikini.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Depends on you, and your confidence.

Should I be wearing a bikini? No. I have stretchmarks from twins, loose skin, and I'm fat.

But do I care? *kitten* no. I'm not at the beach to impress anyone. I'm there to enjoy the fun in the sun with my kids, and get the same tanlines as the skinny folk. :laugh:
  • woman1961
    woman1961 Posts: 23
    Options
    whatever makes you comfortable is the right size what you think is what matters not what everyone else thinks its your body after all so do what you think is right hope you have a good summer and keep loosing weight good luck
  • FionaNiConnor
    FionaNiConnor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    She looked like a roast tied up in butcher's twine. It was horrible.
    HAAAAAAAAAAA. That is a perfect analogy!:laugh:

Since we were on an all-inclusive resort, we were about 15' from a bar. Guess where I sprinted to from my beach chair!!!
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    If you have any jiggle at all then cover it up please. There is nothing worse than a size 20 woman in a two piece. Great for you to have that confidence but come on.
  • jpfrimmer
    jpfrimmer Posts: 134
    Options
    Whenever you're comfortable! I am 5'5" 135 lb and I wear a size 2, however, I have a higher body fat percentage than most people that size and weight, so I'm still unsure if I will get into one this year. It's also mental and I don't think I see myself as "skinny" as other people think I am. Plus, I carry most of my fat in my tummy, so that doesn't help!

I look up to people who have the confidence to wear a bikini! Go for it!!!
  • kmtolle
    kmtolle Posts: 2
    Options
    I think you can wear a bikini at any regular size (not X sizes). I think the most important thing is to be toned!
  • vmassey88
    vmassey88 Posts: 73
    Options
    it all depends on how you carry yourself. But you should not care what other think. its how you feel in a bikini
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I know my opinion isn't PC and I am leaving myself open to the wolves but today, I just don't care.

I don't "get" the whole bikini obsession. Flab and fat rolls just aren't attractive. Maybe that's technically my opinion but its dam near close to being a fact. Not everyone should wear a bikini (myself included).

Also I think when women get so hung up on the bikini thing, we've got to ask ourselves. Do I really have the time and drive necessary to achieve a "bikini body". It is a commitment. It is "lifestyle change" kicked up to another level to look good both clothed and *nearly* naked. And if the answer is no - that's ok!

There are TONS of cute bathing suit that leave a little more to the imagination.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Depends almost exclusively on your reasons for wanting to wear a bikini.
  • Trophyyf
    Trophyyf Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I think you should be able to wear whatever you want but realistically we live in a society where you are judged by how "good" you look in clothes. Now throw a bikini in the mix and that is even judged more closely. Now if you are truly a person who could careless what people think, I would say don't worry about it and go for what you are comfy with. I have 5 kids and wore a bikini last year at the lake in the middle of the lake on a boat!! lol but I don't feel comfy enough to wear it on the shore. So I guess my answer is there is no certain size as long as you feel good about it. From what I can see of you, I think that you will look fine!
  • rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Options
    I understand why you would think that of you haven't seen women bodybuilders or a very fit buff women.Im a size 16 right now and I'm toned and smooth with a small waist(yes still have womanly curves hourglass figure)
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I know my opinion isn't PC and I am leaving myself open to the wolves but today, I just don't care.

I don't "get" the whole bikini obsession. Flab and fat rolls just aren't attractive. Maybe that's technically my opinion but its dam near close to being a fact. Not everyone should wear a bikini (myself included).

Also I think when women get so hung up on the bikini thing, we've got to ask ourselves. Do I really have the time and drive necessary to achieve a "bikini body". It is a commitment. It is "lifestyle change" kicked up to another level to look good both clothed and *nearly* naked. And if the answer is no - that's ok!

There are TONS of cute bathing suit that leave a little more to the imagination.

One-pieces don't create the most flattering tan lines.
  • lisaidem
    lisaidem Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Wow I really could have gone without seeing that. Good confidence but IMHO they should not make bikinis in her size.

They don't. That is made of curtain fabric.

How about we try to remember that there are people here that have similar bodies to the woman in the picture, and that they probably don't need to be reminded that you think they are socially unacceptable pig-dogs. You may not be physically attracted to someone, but you don't have to vocalize your DISGUST. You guys are straight up mean.
  • garita93
    garita93 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I don't think it really matters. If someone thinks your too big, thats their problem.

By the same token, ever see the 'eww shes so skinny and gross and looks like a 12yr old boy' threads on here? Meaning people'll think youre TOO skinny to wear one too.

So you can't please everyone.

Unless you're me, then you can, and do.

:wink:

Well said!
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options

Wow I really could have gone without seeing that. Good confidence but IMHO they should not make bikinis in her size.

They don't. That is made of curtain fabric.

How about we try to remember that there are people here that have similar bodies to the woman in the picture, and that they probably don't need to be reminded that you think they are socially unacceptable pig-dogs. You may not be physically attracted to someone, but you don't have to vocalize your DISGUST. You guys are straight up mean.

Truth.
  • Trophyyf
    Trophyyf Posts: 218 Member
    Options

I agree with this. I do however think if someone with rolls wants to wear a bikini they should be able to without anyone saying anything, but that ISN"T how things work. I know that the times I have worn one it wasn't because I wanted to be a run way model but because it was hotter then the flames of hell and I really wanted to be naked but that really wouldn't be PC !!! lol
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    I think its a personal choice. If you feel good in it and think you look good in it then wear it. If you aren't comfortable in one then don't wear it to a public pool/beach. I myself at 5'2 and 166 lbs wouldn't wear one. I wear tankini's because I have some faded stretch marks from when I was pregnant. But I've seen a lot of over weight people wearing them and if they feel good enough to wear it then so be it. Who am I to say they can't.