Bump :)
  • CallOnRo
    CallOnRo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • pumalama
    pumalama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Why replacing flax seeds by oatmeal?? For the texture? Flax seeds are full of good stuff. In the best case, you could probably keep both ingredients, for the texture and the nutrients :)
  • identification
    identification Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Antigone
    Antigone Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read AND MAKE later! :) Thanks for the recipe!
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kali112
    Kali112 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    gaaah just went out to buy all the ingredients and came home and realised i don't have a blender....do you think it would work if i used a potato-masher and mixed it really well? or am i kidding myself? (i bought chickpeas)
  • Spamee
    Spamee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I need to try this
  • BiggGrizz
    BiggGrizz Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    mp
  • leslievp
    leslievp Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I made these yesterday too. No pic, because they did not look so pretty and now they are gone. :)

@Kali, you have to mash the beans REALLY well... yes you can do it by hand but really get them mashed!

I used cannelli beans since I was out of chickpeas, and I subbed only 1/4 c brown sugar with same amt of banana. I used real brown sugar since I hate all the subs, including stevia. They did taste very banana-y so I am unsure I would do that again. I used the flax, not oatmeal.

They did not cook up all the way, even though I baked the full amount of time, but when they were gooey and hot they were very good! When they cooled down they solidified a little but were still pretty soft... probably due to banana making them xtra mushy, I didn't up any dry ingredients.

My husband had no idea they were bean bars. He ate them all! They tasted a little beany the second day, when they were cool and firmer, so eat them nice and gooey and warm!
  • KMSForLife
    KMSForLife Posts: 605
    Options
    bump
  • plt55
    plt55 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump
  • gjannr
    gjannr Posts: 5
    Options
    Bump
  • cherylaclark
    cherylaclark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jvanryburri
    Options
    Thanks for this recipe. I have to eat gluten and dairy free, so anything that I can make that is a grab and go, especially in the morning, is awesome. I have made brownie recipes with dates or with garbanzo beans, but never anything like this. Going to try today!!
  • Bowhunter83202
    Options
    150 calories per bar, not the entire pan?
  • giag09
    giag09 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    bump sounds great