america's next top model plus size cycle

Options
i think they need to make a cycle based on only plus size models size because theyve had a short cycle all star cycle and now mixed cycle now they need to have a plus size cycle

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Have they done it once before? I think I've seen it before...but maybe it was a different show.
  • strandedj
    strandedj Posts: 128
    Options
    I think they have had one or two plus sized models in a couple of seasons of the show..
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Does it not depress anyone else that size 8 is considered "plus size"?
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm not being critical of you personally, but the thought that a size 8 would be considered plus size in our society BLOWS MY MIND. :)
  • ashleighjoy2007
    ashleighjoy2007 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    They really should! Wasn't Whitney (I think) a "plus size" winner on the show? I'd definitely watch a plus sized cycle. Especially since most people in America are "plus size." Even at my ideal/healthy weight I'm at least a 9, but probably closer to an 11. I'd have to be like 20lbs UNDERWEIGHT to not be a "plus size."
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Does it not depress anyone else that size 8 is considered "plus size"?

YES. that is actually my goal size lol
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I agree they totally need to do one. Would consider trying out myself but at 5'7" i'm considered too short to be a model
  • goodfido
    goodfido Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I find it very sad that size 8 is considered plus size. Depressing to say the least.
  • MzCaligirl
    MzCaligirl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree!!!
  • MoLove2025
    MoLove2025 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    That title had me hype.....i was about to be like i need to sign up asap.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I don't know what size 8 is.

But I'm pretty sure I don't like it.
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm not being critical of you personally, but the thought that a size 8 would be considered plus size in our society BLOWS MY MIND. :)

I second this... I'm a size 8 right now... and I can't shop in plus size.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I don't even think my skeleton is a size 8.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options

This!
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    They have had the random lus sized girl. The one specific photo shoot I remember was a seven deadly sins shoot, and they made the plus sized girl do gluttony... That kinda botherd me...
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Most "plus sized" models can't even model true plus sized clothing. A size 8 model couldn't actually buy clothes at Lane Bryant or The Avenue, but she could model for them. I think it's silly.

I don't think society-at-large thinks an 8 is plus sized, I just think the modeling world thinks that way.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    They have had the random lus sized girl. The one specific photo shoot I remember was a seven deadly sins shoot, and they made the plus sized girl do gluttony... That kinda botherd me...

Did you see it the other night when they made their first American Indian contestant dress as Pocahontas? Then said they didn't felt like she brought "it" to the shoot, and I'm like "Hello... she's pissed off!" I would be too!
  • whatluckycat
    whatluckycat Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I don't even think my skeleton is a size 8.
    :laugh:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

When they did that shoot, there weren't any plus sized models. The girl who was chosen to do gluttony had wound up gaining like 15-20 lbs during the show and it just kinda happened that she wound up with gluttony.

It's really sad, but I've watched a ridiculous amount ANTM haha
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options

When they did that shoot, there weren't any plus sized models. The girl who was chosen to do gluttony had wound up gaining like 15-20 lbs during the show and it just kinda happened that she wound up with gluttony.

It's really sad, but I've watched a ridiculous amount ANTM haha

Ok, all I could remember was she was the "chubby" girl and they made her do gluttony. Lol but the only reason she looked chubby was because all the other girls weigh like 12lbs...