Love Question

Options
i_love_vinegar
i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
I have a hypothetical question for everyone here:

Let's say your future flashes before your eyes. Everything you see is 100% true.
You find out that if you are currently single, you will NEVER find romantic love.
If you are currently in a romantic relationship, that person will fall out of love with you and you will never find love again...

What would drive you in life, and would this change how you live it?

Also, what are the pros and cons to this situation?

Replies

• 189andFalling
    189andFalling Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Let's say your future flashes before your eyes. Everything you see is 100% true.
    You find out that if you are currently single, you will NEVER find romantic love.
    If you are currently in a romantic relationship, that person will fall out of love with you and you will never find love again...

Ticket to Thailand to find a different girl every night who would 'love me long time' ;).
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't change anything. If my fiancé was still in love with me now, I'd treasure the moments until that ended. It's already too late - whenever the relationship ended up falling to pieces it would hurt just the same.

I didn't plan to fall in love. I didn't go out looking for love. I enjoyed being single and I had big plans to buy an apartment when I left university and to foster children. That's one path, and still open for the future if anything happens, but I did fall in love and of course that changes everything. Now I rent a house, I'm getting married next year then I'll be having my own children ideally. Maybe later in life I'll end up living that single lifestyle again, but this one's perfect and I'd hold on to love for as long as I could.

/soppy rubbish
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I'm already there. I dunno. You go forward in this stupid life doing the best you can knowing that the only reason you are alive is to provide for your children and when they no longer need you, you'll just slither away into a dark bar everyday dying a slow death of misery.
  • Mango3311
    Options
    [/quote]

Ticket to Thailand to find a different girl every night who would 'love me long time' ;).
    [/quote]

Ahahahaha!!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I'm already there. I dunno. You go forward in this stupid life doing the best you can knowing that the only reason you are alive is to provide for your children and when they no longer need you, you'll just slither away into a dark bar everyday dying a slow death of misery.

:frown: :noway: You seem like a nice guy. Hopefully this question will bring up more alternatives.

So far we have banging it up in Bangkok and fostering children as options. Thanks for the answers so far everyone!
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    In that situation I would treasure my friendships and have lots of fun sex with charming people. It wouldn't be so bad.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    This doesn't seem hypothetical, it feels like my current life...boo :frown:
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't change anything. If my fiancé was still in love with me now, I'd treasure the moments until that ended. It's already too late - whenever the relationship ended up falling to pieces it would hurt just the same.

This.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Nah, when my usefullness as a provider is completed, that's it for me. Nothing else for me to do. plus, I like drinking.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options

:noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Trophyyf
    Trophyyf Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I would enjoy time with friends/ and children and build/enjoy lots of meaningless relationships that are just about sex!!! lol ha ha

ahhhhh but I'm so glad I'm married....
  • carlie_carl
    carlie_carl Posts: 285
    Options
    never find true love? yeah Im already on the road to stamp and coin collections, maybe buy 9 cats and a horse :-)
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options

It would certainly take a lot of pressure off, in my humble opinion.

I would be more daring....I'd go to Thailand. ;)

I'd do whatever I wanted.
  • bellevie23
    bellevie23 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    In that situation I would treasure my friendships and have lots of fun sex with charming people. It wouldn't be so bad.

Im with her. I would go on vacations, I would get the boidoir photos my ex was never fond of because 'only he should see me that way', I would have a blast with my kids, etc.

You can get companionship out of your friends and sex out of 'charming people' lol. I dont see how this would be doomed to be horrible. Especially if you find a friend with benefits, wahhhh-la.
  • 189andFalling
    189andFalling Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness relationships aren't for everyone. I'm a firm believer that variety what you should aim for. Marriage is flawed institution especially with people living longer. For me personally what I want changes year on year, sometimes your partner grows with you, other times you grow apart. Sure I'm happy with my girlfriend for now, but in 5 years? Who knows. I've tried marriage once before and it's not all it's cracked up to be. It's defiantly an institution that favours the woman's needs over the man's.

Whatever words come out of a guy's mouth girls remember he IS still a man and he WAS looking at her *kitten* :).

Given a choice between being 65 and married or living the Hugh-Heffner lifestyle I know what I would pick. It's perfectly possible to attain that.
  • taglientep
    taglientep Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    you mean a self fulfilling prophecy?
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    If I knew I was never going to have romantic love again, probably the only thing that would change about my life is that I'd make more of an effort to tell certain people how I feel about them, especially men. Every once in a while, I come across a truly good one, but I guess in my delusional brain, paying a man a sincere compliment on who he is, rather than his physical appearance, makes things weird. If I knew there was no chance of anything romantic developing, I wouldn't feel the need to be guarded about it. I know that sounds counterintuitive, but that's me.

I think the things that drive me now ... my faith, my family, my work, etc., ... would continue to do so. I'm pretty happy with my life as it is. It really does not suck to be me, and I'm grateful for that.

Pros and cons of never having romantic love? The only pro I can think of is that you'd get to focus more of your attention on other things. But not having someone to wake up with every morning and come home to every night? Not having a constant source of companionship, trust, and unconditional love? Forever? That would blow.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options

This made me tear up.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Knowing that I will never have that companionship, that other half, the one thing I love most in this world is such a depressing thought. When it all boils down, isn't that what we're all living for? Anyway, if this were to happen, I'd probably move close to my family. Friends can come and go, but family is permanent. You can't undo a sibling or a parent.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    It would be a bit discouraging for a certain period of time but as with all things you eventually accept,adapt and move on.