Should I give up my one daily treat of.....

Options
2»

Replies

• Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    tim hortons puts a syrup in their iced coffees it automatically comes with it, 1 pump for small, 2 for med, 3 for large so there is definitely sugar in it also their cream is proportionately measured as per the cup size for example:

1 medium shot of cream is equal to 2 shots for a small so there is an increase per size also, plus they use18% cream; i am pretty sure the icecap shot is used and a small is the equivalent of 2 large shots, which is a lot, so a large icecap shot is a ton of cream
    I know this cause i worked there :)

for dunkin donuts i don't know but i would ask someone there how it is made if they put the syrup, what percent cream they put in it etc

personally i would tell them next time to not put any syrup if there is any and then to give you sweetener and cream on the side and experiment to find how much you like, then do the math, if you feel it is worth it then by all means go ahead :)
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Depends if you are on MFP to enjoy suffering? If deprivation is your daily pleasure -then cut the coffee. (Well, this is the season for cutting out chocolate or beer and wearing sack-cloth - ashes - and hair-shirts of course.) Is the question 'Will drinking the coffee ruin me weight-loss?' - I'd imagine you can squeeze it into your plan,even ifyou do have to estimate the calories! Something about this post makes me keep thinking of the comedian Eddy Izard and his 'would you like cake or death' sketch!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Are you joking?

No really.

You must be.

Looking at you you must have a calorie allowance of well over 2000 so why would you give up something you enjoy? And if that is your only vice then damn, you must be healthy!

1980 daily. My diary is open.

Ok, having had a look at your diary - firstly, I see no coffee with creamer mentioned in it! Secondly, you are under calories every day, so I don't think you need to worry. I would be a bit miserable if I ate as simply as you, though. I have about 40 different little things in my diary every day, I like variety!

If your iced coffee makes you happy, stick with it!
  • freaksfitness
    Options
    Are you joking?

No really.

You must be.

Looking at you you must have a calorie allowance of well over 2000 so why would you give up something you enjoy? And if that is your only vice then damn, you must be healthy!

1980 daily. My diary is open.

Ok, having had a look at your diary - firstly, I see no coffee with creamer mentioned in it! Secondly, you are under calories every day, so I don't think you need to worry. I would be a bit miserable if I ate as simply as you, though. I have about 40 different little things in my diary every day, I like variety!

If your iced coffee makes you happy, stick with it!

Good because I am drinking one right now. I do enjoy it and will log this one.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    First, figure out the calories, then decide how much i'ts worth to you.
    I know 1 row of my favourite lindt chocolate is about 10 minutes of jogging. That isn't too bad a sacrifice....

Best thing, at the end of the day, noone can tell if the exercise came before the treat, or after :tongue:
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    If it keeps you happy and is not causing you to go over your cals for the day, do it!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    You will have to pry my coffee cup from my cold dead hands. Just start cutting back on the cream and save it for 'treat'.
  • mthowze
    mthowze Posts: 3
    Options
    I pretty much agree with this. It's easy to say "Well, I'll have that just today". And then you have it the next day, and the next, etc. I don't have dessert anymore. You know it was pretty bad when my 5,4,and 3 year old Grandkids keep asking me for dessert. So, my choice is also helping them.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. just use heavy cream (or whipping cream) instead of those nasty processed chemical-laden creamers. And look for organic. (stay away from skim milk - it's unnatural). Remember that fat doesn't make you fat (carbs do because they are addictive - you keep wanting to eat more and then every couple of hours you need a "fix" - and they don't kick in the "full" signal that your brain gets when you don't need anymore fuel (food). That signal is released from your adipose tissue. Eat fat to burn fat!!

But then I don't worry about calories or fat. I love heavy cream in my coffee. The only thing that affects my scale is carbs.
    I also love coconut cream/milk in my coffee and have even tried pastured unsalted butter (talk about a yummy treat!!)
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Pfffft, every morning I have coffee with Bailey's creamer. I refuse to give that up, because it makes me happy. It's not like I guzzle the stuff right out of the container. Treats are fine, so long as you're having them in moderation.
  • JustLena75
    JustLena75 Posts: 114
    Options
    Heck no!!!
    I don't even LOG my coffee!!!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'll be quite honest...

This is the only life I have to live. I'm not giving up ANYTHING that I really, truly love -- from coffee to cake. Sorry, but there's just no way. I'm not going to live the rest of my life feeling resentful over not being able to eat or drink something.

That is just plain silly.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. just use heavy cream (or whipping cream) instead of those nasty processed chemical-laden creamers. And look for organic. (stay away from skim milk - it's unnatural). Remember that fat doesn't make you fat (carbs do because they are addictive - you keep wanting to eat more and then every couple of hours you need a "fix" - and they don't kick in the "full" signal that your brain gets when you don't need anymore fuel (food). That signal is released from your adipose tissue. Eat fat to burn fat!!

But then I don't worry about calories or fat. I love heavy cream in my coffee. The only thing that affects my scale is carbs.
    I also love coconut cream/milk in my coffee and have even tried pastured unsalted butter (talk about a yummy treat!!)

Carbs make me fat?

Funny. I consume a ton of carbs in a day and I'm not fat by any means.

Eating too much makes you fat. Plain and simple.

You might crave more carbs because you eat carbs. I eat a lot of carbs because... well, I love them.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'll be quite honest...

This is the only life I have to live. I'm not giving up ANYTHING that I really, truly love -- from coffee to cake. Sorry, but there's just no way. I'm not going to live the rest of my life feeling resentful over not being able to eat or drink something.

That is just plain silly.

Ditto! I'd much rather relish in treats once in a while and figure out how to make the numbers work to meet my goals.
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I looked at your food diary, I think you eat very healthy and it's not hurting your weight. Maybe one of the guys could chime in, but it looks to me like you are low on calories for a male, to build muscle I eat 2,000 on workout days.
  • freaksfitness
    Options
    Thanks for all the input.
    I am going to keep my coffee which will help keep my sanity.
    Just gotta make room for it in the calorie budget.
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Looking at your profile pic...Doesn`t seem to be doing you any harm..