have any ladies toned legs bums & tums at home?

Options

Replies

• janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I don't do gyms. Don't have time to drive there, and I have little kids. You can definitely do this at home. You may get to a point where you wish you had a weight machine, but you can start with videos like Jillian and yoga. Body weight resistance is great. When those get easy or your plateau, buy some dumbells and do squats, raises, etc.
  • frogger581
    Options
    if you notice olympic swimmers, you'll see they are a little soft too. your body keeps a layer of fat to help you stay warm in the water even if its a heated pool, so as long as you continue to swim youre going to have some of that. if you want to continue to swim but focus more on your legs, use a kickboard to do your laps
  • ekalieta
    ekalieta Posts: 6
    Options
    I have been doing the Brazillian butt lift for the last 4 days and i really think it works! There is one disk that is only 18 mins. long and its met to get rid of "saddle bags" and more. after doing the exercise you can feel muscles that you never knew you had, i think its working so far.
  • Char_marcus
    Char_marcus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Elemental ballet conditioning, i can manage 20 mins before the dead legs set in but i have noticed a change in my thighs and bum after 1 go, it's great i bought it on amazon.co.uk and it also has an ab blaster section.

It's hard but worth it and all you need is a chair !!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Element-Ballet-Conditioning-Elise-Gulan/dp/B002AFPZM6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1330715365&sr=8-2
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, will look into all of those.

Interesting comment about the swimmers, hadn't thought of it like that before
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    Ready for this?

Stand on ONE leg. TOUCH your toes. Do this 10 times. SWITCH legs. DO three sets. DONE.

I am so going to do this - or at least attempt it without falling on my face!

Me too!
  • Flissbo
    Options
    just ordered 30 day shred, can't wait for it to arrive! Feel much more motivated already, thank you everyone x
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I run outdoors but I lifte weights at home. I use to workout back and forth at the gym and at home. Now mainly at home, but I'm going to start going back to the gym soon.

As for as for lower body workouts, I do it all at home and I use my own body weight for it (no machines).
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Resistance bands all day. Toned and not bulky. I did Tae-Bowith them and they toned up with in weeks. I love the Billy Bands!! It comes with 2 bootcamp DVD's for like $15-$20 at walmart with the bands included. It's in a box, try it!! I use the bands with other workouts too. Im still working on my stomach but that is the heaviest part of me.
  • roadtripper8
    Options
    I have been doing the Brazillian butt lift for the last 4 days and i really think it works! There is one disk that is only 18 mins. long and its met to get rid of "saddle bags" and more. after doing the exercise you can feel muscles that you never knew you had, i think its working so far.

I second this. I have been using the Brazilian Butt Lift DVDs for over 2 weeks and I have seen a huge difference. The instructor is loopy but keeps it pretty fun.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    RUN!
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges will tone your legs and booty!!! Also check this website out:

http://www.bodyrock.tv/

I get a lot of pointers from this website!!!

OH and like the lady above posted...RUN your heart out!!!!!!!
  • Flissbo
    Options
    I can run for a mile or so but then my right knee hurts and I am limping for a few days afterwards, which is so annoying cos I liike to run (used to hate it but was made to do it at boot camp!)

i guess I could try an knee support? I am seeing a physio tomorrow so I'll have to remember to ask him about it :smile:
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Yea definitely ask about that! For now do squats and lunges if your knee can support it...or even better do like 3-4 mile walks at a brisk pace and it will get your legs toned!
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Ready for this?

Stand on ONE leg. TOUCH your toes. Do this 10 times. SWITCH legs. DO three sets. DONE.

I am so going to do this - or at least attempt it without falling on my face!

Me too!

Me three! Thank you for the challenge!
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I am not big on the gym. I work out by riding my bike, hiking and going to the high school by my house. Use the bleachers as steps take my weight vest and dumb bells and I can get in a good workout while I'm outside enjoying the sun. Not stuck in a stuffy gym.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    There are workouts Jari Love does in Get Ripped for the inner and outer thighs on the mat. Was hoping to find a outube clip for you but can't find it.
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Ready for this?

You'll see improvement within a month. I BET YOU!

No weights no fuss. Just gotta do it 3 times a week. Don't do it back to back or you will strain those hammy's. Watch your butt and thighs shrink.

My 10cents.

All right. I've tried it, but I've got a question.... Do you bend at the knee or at the waist?
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options

Just did this. WOW. Glad I read this post.

I have a recumbent bike. It tones well on high resistance.
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels!!!!! In 2 months her DVDs have changed my body sooo much! I would highly recommend getting some of her videos!