How old were you when you had kids?

Options

Replies

• Dmiller2608
    Dmiller2608 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know it is pretty young but at 20 and 21....my kids are about 16 months apart. Some days I think I should have waited, but I know it was the best decision for my husband and I. However i dont feel everyone is ready in their early twenties...I think 26-35 is the best age. More mature and have your life headed in the direction to care properly for a child.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I was a teenage parent and had my son at 18... then he had his first son when he was 18, so I was grandma at 36. Wasn't thrilled at the idea, but now I have a beautiful grandson to show off! :happy:
  • lakers663
    Options
    22 :)
  • 32 and 34
  • jzelner
    jzelner Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are 28, and don't plan on having kids for another 2-3 years... once he's out of grad school. I think this is perfectly fine, women in their 30s have babies every day. Meanwhile people of my mom's generation are telling me I need to have kids NOW before I'm too old!

So, I'm just curious, how old were you when you had children?
  • jzelner
    jzelner Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had my 1st at 25 and second at 26. It should be up to you wehn you feel you are ready to tackle being a parent. It is a life changing experience and I would not change a thing.
  • Mommareed4
    Mommareed4 Posts: 144
    Options
    My husband and I dated for 5 years got married and 3 months later got pregnant with our oldest, I had her the day before I turned 19 ( and yes if you did the math I started dating young lol, but I don't think you could consider it real dating lol, we didn't kiss till after we were dating a year) anyways we have had.3 more kids and married for 6 years.
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    #1 at 25, #2 at 28, #3 at 29. They are now age 7 1/2, 5 and 4. :)
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    27 years old. He's almost 3 months old. I really didn't want to have kids over 30, but that's just a personal preference since I have an older mom and I hate it. Don't take that as I hate my mom, I just get jealous of my brothers because they spent more time with her than I have (15 years more). And as she got older (she had me at 36), she was a much more protective/worried mother so I wasn't ever able to do fun kid things because she was too worried I'd get hurt, or kidnapped.
  • ChrissyLu723
    ChrissyLu723 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I had my 1st at 25, my 2nd at 29 and my 3rd at 36
  • MsUnlucky13
    MsUnlucky13 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I had my first at 15, my second at 22, and my last at 29 which for me I felt that I was to old to be having another child but I wouldn't change the situation for the world. I guess someday when she is a teen it will just make me an older parent. My mother had me at 35 and there was always a serious generation gap between us and my mother was the oldest parent out of all my friends. Everyone is different though so it should be when you are ready.
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I had my 1st at 32 and 2nd at 35. Glad I waited to have them in my 30's. Im in the best shape ever, have time to spend with them, $ to support them well, and thankful everyday that they are here. Your age doesn't make you old, your attitude does. Everyone is different and there is not a perfect age to have children. Don't ever let someone tell you when you should or should not have babies, make that choice yourself...when your ready you will know. :smile:
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    27 for our first daughter
    30 for our second daughter
    35 for our third and fourth daughters :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

we are competley done now. lol
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    24, 27, 31, 34 - all boys and we are done. All my pregnancies were very easy.
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I was 39 and my wife was 40 when we had out first! I was 42 and she was 43 when we had our last!
  • VictoriaFitness2010
    VictoriaFitness2010 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I was 28 years old when I had my baby girl.
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I was 31, and 32yrs old. Would have preferred to have them earlier. Your body adapts and recovers better in your 20's.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I was 21 when I had our 1st.. and 37 when I had our 8th.. there are pros and cons to both..I had a whole lot more energy in my 20's but I am definitely more mellow now , more settled, and our financies are better..and I hope wiser after having 19 years of parenting under my belt..; ) but the pregnancies were harder in my 30's with longer recovery time and harder time losing the weight afterwards.. but all of those births were c-sections that may be a big part of it. And I tell ya I was able to handle the sleep deprivation of getting up with babies better at 20-ish than 30 something. :ohwell:
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'll be 19 when i have my first baby!
    I cant wait!! :D
  • amy0716
    amy0716 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I was 26 when we first wanted to start trying to have kids. Took us 3.5 YEARS to get pregnant :sad: . ..just something to think about when you want to have kids because it doesn't always happen as you plan it... So, I was 31 with my son and 35 with my daughter (who is 6 months now). I woudn't change a thing though...I appreciate them so much and they were worth the wait!!! :heart: