BLACK TEAM WEEK 9!!!

Options

Replies

• SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Here for my daily check in!

Hubby and I went for a run this am. I was doing great running along almost at 2.5 miles when I told him I would take over stroller duty and his smart mind thought what a great idea I will just push them as hard as I can and yell they're on their way. I turned in time for it to run right into my leg. Yeah lots of fun. 2 gashes in my leg and a bruise about 6 inches long from the front to the back and about 3 inches wide. We stopped for a couple minutes at the bench but then I got up and went 2 more miles. Toes still hurt but I have noticed I am gaining weight and I don't like that so I kept going.

Hope everyone's day is going better then mine! :laugh:

ps. I have been looking for a dress for a while I hope everyone that got dresses loves them! I am very picky and have tried on countless dress and still nothing!:grumble:

Hope your leg feels better soon!

On the dress front, yes I have bought 3...but had to try on at between 15 and 20 to find them. :laugh: Luckily for me, I have always loved shopping and trying on clothes so it doesn't bother me. So worth it when I am able to find something and say, "THAT'S IT!"
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Evening black team!

Hope everyone is having a grand day. Don't know much about dress shopping. lol
    Sam-I hope your didnt get hurt too bad. We DH's always have such wonderful ideas. lol
    DW is getting her workout in and I am sitting here feeling WAY too full. You guys don't want to know what and how much I ate. I was not a good boy for dinner tonight. I suppose the good news is that I will be heading out on the bike shortly to put in a 15-20 mile ride and then will be heading to the gym for some running. (Yes it was that bad.) lol

I'll check in after I am done sweating out my naughtyness.

:drinker:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon Team! Hope you all had a great day! I spent mine working 12 hours. I am so wore out because I think I only got 2 hours worth of sleep last night. I don't know why but I just couldn't sleep last night. I came home wore out and hubby told my brother that I was hateful. Isn't that sweet of him? No I'm not hateful, just dang tired! I hope you all have a great rest of the weekend. I will be around but resting I hope. My DD is being mean this evening so I'm not getting a break. They wanted Chinese tonight so that is supper. I actually wanted to go somewhere but it looks like that isn't happening either. Maybe I am a bit fussy. But of course, why can't mommies get any breaks?

Congrats on everyone getting dresses! I don't have one and haven't owned one in years! And at this rate I am not going to have one. My muffin top won't look good in a dress. So now I sound fussy and whiny! Sorry!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Boy, did I blow this weeks challenge already:ohwell: Today is the first day Ive got to check in other than logging my food. Im sorry guys:blushing: We're out of town again until Tues and I may not get to say hi everyday, but I AM eating right and logging my food each day:smile: Not getting much exercise this week, but hopefully it wont set me back TO much:noway: Have a great night and great weekend...be back for sure in a few more days:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Boy, did I blow this weeks challenge already:ohwell: Today is the first day Ive got to check in other than logging my food. Im sorry guys:blushing: We're out of town again until Tues and I may not get to say hi everyday, but I AM eating right and logging my food each day:smile: Not getting much exercise this week, but hopefully it wont set me back TO much:noway: Have a great night and great weekend...be back for sure in a few more days:flowerforyou:

RONI!!!

That is all-- :wink:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Well I have defeated the demons of dinner past. 20 miles on the bike and 30 mins on the elliptical and 1780 calories burned and I am officially back in business. I'm friggin exhausted but back in business! I need to go take a shower. lol

Have a great night my pals!

oh yeah and....RONI!

that is all. :laugh:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    This vacation stuff is cutting into my black team time! I did just catch up though. Kati looks great, there is dress shopping happening, cereal eating for dinner, stroller accidents, backs feeling better, passer-by's 'wooing' at runners- sounds good.

I am having a wonderful time, I have enjoyed every second. I am ready to go home and get back into my routine and back on track.

I have realized how quickly old habits pop up, I have not done well food wise, I have not made good choices, I have gained at least 5 pounds and it may be closer to 10. I'm trying not to let it freak me out but it is and I can't help it. It's like one bad choice spirals into the next and they just keep going. I so thought I had it beat. Guess it's a lifetime struggle.

I did get in some exercise, went to the gym 2 times, ran once, went white water rafting and paddled for 3.5 hours yesterday, a few walks here and there. I am craving the gym and my workout schedule right now.

DH told me not even to get on the scale for a week after we get home, just get back on track, hit the gym and then see where I stand. It's not a bad idea, not sure if I can do it though.

We are leaving the Poconos today and then hitting the long road back to Florida tomorrow. We may do the whole 14.5 hours at once and just get home. I hope so. I will be at the gym Tuesday morning!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :grumble:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Jeannie,

No grumbling :tongue:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey Black Team!

Trying to get up and go have my eyebrows done pretty soon. Wedding # 1 later this evening. Anxiously awaiting Aug. 23, when all this will be over.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    :grumble:

Aww Jeannie - what's wrong?

Janie
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautifuls! Another day off whoohooo! April and I are riding bikes and meeting in the middle to attempt to figure out how to play tennis again.

Lori, I want to go rafting when we go to Virgina next month. Tell me if it will kill me?
    Hubby is like.. rafting AND doing the zip line??
  • Marla64
    Options
    Good morning, peeps--

Hoping to take in some U.S. Women's Open golf at beautiful Saucon Valley, PA. Because Sarah was an alternate, she's entitled to all the tickets she wants.

Hoping to leave the wee ones home with the teens who went yesterday-- we'll see--

Have a great day all--
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    So after reading Andrews 20 mile journey story and the running episodes of my black team friends............I decided I was going to ride my bike to the beach.

Started thinking.......tire could pop, a car could hit me,what if I fall, what if I can't make it over the bridge at the intercoastal?? Pushed that out of my mind. I figured if a 300+ man can now run 5ks and and my mom of 9 friend can fartleck with the best of them.............what do I have to lose.

I told DH I was going and he was excited to go with me:noway: :noway: OK........let's go!

We rode and laughed and took care of each other by watching out for cars and asking "do you need a break" or "here is some water".

It was a lovely time to bond and burn 3 hours and 700 calories!! (we stopped for beach views and breakfast so riding was approx 2 hours) All together I think we did around 10 miles (I am going to map it!)

All of this is wonderful, but my biggest feat was " The Bridge". I am a South Floridian with no hills except the speed humps in my neighborhood. The last time I tried to go over it, I stopped and rolled backwards in defeat.

But this time I am smarter (drank lots of water) more determined ( I picked up speed before hitting it) and I am in much....much better shape.

I made it all the way up and over without it being neccessary to call EMS!!!

I am so proud of how far we have all come. I mean really...........who woulda thunk it??

0002030B.gif
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    WTG Jeannie!

What a wonderful morning with your hubby! Those days of being active together are the memories that really stick. Your really living now and that's awesome. Bet you cant think back and remember "That day when you and DH sat on the couch and watched crappy TV." But I bet you'll look back and remember that day you and DH had a wonderful bike ride to the beach! So proud of us all Jeannie. You spend so much time being proud of each and every one of us and it's important that you know that each and every one of us are so proud of you :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Jeannie-- you get me misty-- what a lovely time.

The golf plans for this day changed a bit, but at my urging. Hubs was insistent that I go since I haven't been able to get there this week. But, the only reason I wanted to go was to see Mrs. Thompson, mother of Alexis, Sarah's 14 year old friend who made the cut and is playing in the tournament. Poor little thing had a rough weekend--

He suggested that we take everybody-- stroller, diaper bag-- just so I can schmooze with Mrs. T? Silly. Plus the 3 younger ones would be miserable.

So I insisted on staying home, and have had the loveliest morning being "Mom." Tending to little Caleb all myself-- I'd forgotten how much fun it is having everything going on at once-- macaroni salad halfway done, an oven preheating for a cake to make, and a one year old who wants to empty my Tupperware cabinet-- all without older kids to call. (7 year old Abby and 3 year old Josh don't count as bonafide helpers, necessarily )

It was precious!!! Like old times. Sighhhhh--

Just stopped in to say I'm having a gloriously frenetic day with my Y3 and loving every minute of it--

Later my friends--
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    just dropping in to say hello my team!!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Dropping in for a quick hello!!:happy: Sounds like we are all having a glorious weekend, thats terrific!!:drinker: Be safe and happy all:heart:

~Roni
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Go Jeannie! Good job with the bike ride. Dave and I haven't ridden in a while. I actually miss it (even though I'm still not that good at it.)

Marla - It must be hard to give each of your kids special time. I'm glad you enjoyed it today.

Dave just left for Philly. He'll be back Wednesday. But we skipped church (shh! don't tell) and enjoyed some lazy family time at home all morning/early afternoon.

Harley and I are going to the mall tomorrow to get Harley's 10-month pictures taken. (Go ahead and laugh Marla.) She's almost 10 1/2 months but we just didn't get around to it before now. We're gonna get her pictures in her purple bikini. Should be cute. I'll post after we get them.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Go Jeannie! Good job with the bike ride. Dave and I haven't ridden in a while. I actually miss it (even though I'm still not that good at it.)

Marla - It must be hard to give each of your kids special time. I'm glad you enjoyed it today.

Dave just left for Philly. He'll be back Wednesday. But we skipped church (shh! don't tell) and enjoyed some lazy family time at home all morning/early afternoon.

Harley and I are going to the mall tomorrow to get Harley's 10-month pictures taken. (Go ahead and laugh Marla.) She's almost 10 1/2 months but we just didn't get around to it before now. We're gonna get her pictures in her purple bikini. Should be cute. I'll post after we get them.

Heck-- I wouldn't laugh-- you should see how many portraits we have of our first born--

And how few we have of the last born--

It is what it is--

Enjoy every second, and every photo--