Any Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred users?

Options
2»

Replies

• schoon82
    schoon82 Posts: 14
    Options
    I actually just bought it today and did level 1. It totally kicked my butt. I was sweating and exhausted after it. I really pushed myself and needed to stop for a couple seconds during the exercises though
  • emi1y15
    emi1y15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am curious about this as well! I just ordered the DVD so it will be nice to know how to log it.
  • kattygirl0499
    kattygirl0499 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I finished level 1 - I was doing great by day 10 and never got super sore. Started level 2 tonight and I was in hell. It was WAY harder for me. I was pretty much doing the advanced moves on level 1 - except for pushups. Level 2 seems like its focused on core. LOTS of plank based exercises - and that is where my "girl" pushups became a liability. I really struggled. I'm gonna stay on level 2 until I can do it - maybe not easily - but without wanting to die. Toughest 25 minutes ever. But worth it!!
  • tanklissa
    tanklissa Posts: 70
    Options
    I am curious about this as well! I just ordered the DVD so it will be nice to know how to log it.

I finished day 1 today. It's no joke!

I logged it under circuit training....
  • maryrr88
    maryrr88 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I finished level 1 - I was doing great by day 10 and never got super sore. Started level 2 tonight and I was in hell. It was WAY harder for me. I was pretty much doing the advanced moves on level 1 - except for pushups. Level 2 seems like its focused on core. LOTS of plank based exercises - and that is where my "girl" pushups became a liability. I really struggled. I'm gonna stay on level 2 until I can do it - maybe not easily - but without wanting to die. Toughest 25 minutes ever. But worth it!!

That's how I felt my first day of level 2. I, too, was doing all advanced moves by the end of level 1, except for the pushups. Last night, I just completed the full 10 days of level 2, and tomorrow I'm going to start level 3. It DOES get easier & I definitely felt that my upper body strength improved during the course of level 2. I always felt very accomplished when I finished the workout, especially since the last circuit nearly killed me every time. I couldn't even do the double jump thing - I'm not coordinated enough! I just did single jumps as fast as I could, lol. I was also using 8 lb weights on the static lunge & row thing... since my only other option was 4 lb weights & they just weren't challenging enough.

Good luck! Stick with it... it is so rewarding to feel and see your body's improvement. I can tell my thighs look SO much more toned than they did 3 weeks ago when I started 30DS. :)
  • bunnylvr
    bunnylvr Posts: 78
    Options
    It gets extremely boring, just a warning, I quit at day 25. I found it was effective though.
  • tatiousmarie
    Options
    Just finished day 6. Still at level one of course, and moving into the more 'advanced' moves and out of the modified, though pushups still kick my butt.
    Wanted to try something other than the NTC app and this is enjoyable! If it gets boring I just chuck on my own music and mute the video.
  • soosweet1920
    soosweet1920 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 18 and it was the first day I decided to kick it up to level 2...MISTAKE...I can kick myself in the booty for that one! I had to take several short breaks but I finished it...I will stick with this level for awhile. I am TIRED...never have sweated so much in my life and legs are BURNING!!
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    Just finished Day 2 Level 1. Easy. I don't know if I can do level 1 for 10 full days. I might do it for the first week and then go up to level 2.
  • tanklissa
    tanklissa Posts: 70
    Options
    I think I'm going to do the first 10 days at level 1. I definitely wouldn't say it was easy, though. But I'm a runner so I was working muscles I don't normally work.
  • Astrowife68
    Options
    Do you all record your calories for 30 Day Shred here on My Fitness Pal?

If so, how do you categorize it?

My husband and I have been doing it, but I don't know how I should record my calories.

Thanks in advance!!!

Yes I was told to list it as circuit training, and I list it for 27 minutes. I have a Heart Rate Monitor and 27 minutes put the exact total of calories I burned in for me.

14171021.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    today is day three for me!!
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am old, fat, and very out of shape. I tried it this afternoon after being up for 36 hours. I was a total failure. Will try again though when I have slept. I do think it will help me allot.
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to make it all the way through before (knee problems and shoulder problems) but when I have done the workouts, I have seen results, even in just a short time :)
  • InkedInnocence
    InkedInnocence Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I attempted it a while back, but didn't stick to it. I am bout to give it another go soon. Everyone I know loves it & I love Jillian so... this time I'm ready. Good luck to everybody!! :-)
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    GREAT workout! I completed 30 Day Shred about a week ago with great results! I lost 6 pounds and 8 inches (2 from chest, 3 from waist, and 3 from hips). I went from a tight size 12 to a comfortable size 10. I'm now doing Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30. I hope to see similiar results at the end of this month!
  • Astrowife68
    Options
    I am just finishing 30DS. I am sure I did not push myself and I should. I have bad knees so I didn't go as deep into the squats and lunges. Also my shins would hurt when I tried to do jumpin' jacks in the beginning. But by the end of the 30 days, I found that I could complete the jumpin' jacks (atleast a couple full sets) I would also remind you that if you find some of the exercises difficult to do in the beginning, so something else (ie. jogging in place) instead, just keep moving. Then you can go back and try the original exercise when you feel more confident. I usually try the original when they start and do the best I can, switch IF I need to. But one day you will be suprised and complete the task, and think to yourself... I just did that. :wink:

(Also I had lost 6 inches total in my bust, waist and hips. And my jeans are so much more comfortable :-} )

Good luck in your journey.

14171021.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I have been moving up the levels and advanced moves pretty slowly, not wanting to overdo it an injure myself (I have to be especially careful of my knees). I finally moved up to level 3 this week. Some of the moves seem really easy to me, but there is at least 1 move in each round that is just a killer. Those lunge jump things are TOUGH! And I will conquer them Natalie style!

I plan to keep doing it 3-4 days a week, and doing alternate workouts the other 2-3 days for for quite a while. I hate the workout, but am loving the results. I am starting to see abs under that belly fat - without sucking it in!
  • KassieLouise88
    Options
    I need to know this to.
  • rbrannock
    rbrannock Posts: 169
    Options
    Just started on Monday and I LOVE it.....today will be day 3 for me, and although my muscles are so sore, I'm still going to do it...not stopping. I plan to rest on Saturday and Sunday.....so my 10 days on level 1 should be up next Friday...then we'll start Level 2. Anxious to see results....I hope I have as good of ones as some others have. :)