BUTTERFINGER CAKE

Options
INGREDIENTS:
Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe - Devil's Food Cake Mix, 1/12 package
Nestle - Butterfinger 2 Pc King Size, 1 container (2 pieces ea.)
Diet Coke Can (12 Fl oz), 12 fl oz
Smuckers - Fat Free Chocolate Sundae Syrup, 0.5 container (28 tbsp ea.)
Smucker's - Fat Free Carmel Syrup, 0.5 container (28 tbsp ea.)
Kraft Cool Whip - Fat Free , 0.5 container (152 tbsp ea.)

DIRECTIONS:
Mix cake mix and coke together & blend well, place in a greased 9x13 pan and bake as directed on box or until tooth pic comes out clean. As soon as you take it out of the oven, poke hole in the cake with a toothpick and pour both, the chocolate topping sauce and carmel topping sauce over the hot cake and let cool. Once cool, spread the cool whip topping over top of cake, after crushing Butterfinger bars up( I usually put them in a ziplock bag and beat the crap out of it) and sprinke over top of cake and serve

Replies

• birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    How about a calorie count..??...Carbs, fat, sugars, etc...???...
  • ZumbaLin
    ZumbaLin Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yummy!!!! Gotta try this one for my next 'treat' day after I reach my next goal. Thanks for sharing it!!
  • jenny1350
    Options
    INGREDIENTS:
    Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe - Devil's Food Cake Mix, 1/12 package
    Nestle - Butterfinger 2 Pc King Size, 1 container (2 pieces ea.)
    Diet Coke Can (12 Fl oz), 12 fl oz
    Smuckers - Fat Free Chocolate Sundae Syrup, 0.5 container (28 tbsp ea.)
    Smucker's - Fat Free Carmel Syrup, 0.5 container (28 tbsp ea.)
    Kraft Cool Whip - Fat Free , 0.5 container (152 tbsp ea.)

DIRECTIONS:
    Mix cake mix and coke together & blend well, place in a greased 9x13 pan and bake as directed on box or until tooth pic comes out clean. As soon as you take it out of the oven, poke hole in the cake with a toothpick and pour both, the chocolate topping sauce and carmel topping sauce over the hot cake and let cool. Once cool, spread the cool whip topping over top of cake, after crushing Butterfinger bars up( I usually put them in a ziplock bag and beat the crap out of it) and sprinke over top of cake and serve

Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein
    Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe - Devil's Food Cake Mix, 1/12 package 180 35 4 2
    Nestle - Butterfinger 2 Pc King Size, 1 container (2 pieces ea.) 460 76 18 6
    Deleted - Diet Coke Can (12 Fl oz), 12 fl oz 0 0 0 0
    Smuckers - Fat Free Chocolate Sundae Syrup, 0.5 container (28 tbsp (39g) ea.) 700 168 0 7
    Smucker's - Fat Free Carmel Syrup, 0.5 container (28 tbsp ea.) 700 175 0 7
    Kraft Cool Whip - Fat Free , 0.5 container (152 tbsp ea.) 570 114 0 0
    Add Ingredient
    Total: 2610 568 22 22
    Per Serving: 174 calories // 38 Carbs // 1 Fat // 1 Protein
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! i LOVE butterfingers :D
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    oh thank God there's no picture lol
  • madcitygal
    Options
    bump
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    bump
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mullensmark
    Options
    I'm assuming the cake mix should be 1/2 not 1/12? I don't think I'm smart enough to measure 1/12!!!
  • jbrumitint
    jbrumitint Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just tried it with 1/12 (1/4 cup), and it did not work! Jokes on me.
  • princesspita
    princesspita Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    And how is this healthy?

Just because you post something that is fat free does not mean it is low in calories or carbs.

This recipe IS NOT A HEALTHY CHOICE!
  • maryj2367
    maryj2367 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    bump*
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    Why would you even post this in a forum where people are trying to eat healthy and lose weight
  • tyra47
    tyra47 Posts: 97
    Options
    bump
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Why would you even post this in a forum where people are trying to eat healthy and lose weight

Don'cha know? The fat free toppings make it totally OK... *eyeroll*

That said, I get the idea of "treating yourself" here and there, but I think the fat free ingredients (super refined and super high carb) here are misleading. I mean seriously, if I made this whole thing and kept it around, it wouldn't be pretty.

Why not just treat yourself to a cup of something real? Ice cream, cake made with real ingredients, etc. ?
  • DistortedButterfly
    DistortedButterfly Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Lighten up you ****s! Everything is healthy in the right quantity, even if that quantity is zero. A little slice of cake won't kill you or make you fat. Eating the whole thing will.

AMEN
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Lighten up you ****s! Everything is healthy in the right quantity, even if that quantity is zero. A little slice of cake won't kill you or make you fat. Eating the whole thing will.

AMEN
    Yeah but isn't it like putting Dunkin Donuts right next to a Lifetime Fitness? A little cruel and unusual :laugh:
    Sure you don't have to eat it, but come on
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options

Don'cha know? The fat free toppings make it totally OK... *eyeroll*

That said, I get the idea of "treating yourself" here and there, but I think the fat free ingredients (super refined and super high carb) here are misleading. I mean seriously, if I made this whole thing and kept it around, it wouldn't be pretty.

Why not just treat yourself to a cup of something real? Ice cream, cake made with real ingredients, etc. ?

Exactly
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious.
    Why would you post such negative comments on somebody's recipe? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that somebody else can't try it. Sorry that all of us are not organic vegans who eat next to nothing.

I agree with hiker! We all need a treat once in a while. Sounds like a great birthday cake!