My body likes me but my face hates me!

Options
2»

Replies

• myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    dairy is evil, evil, evil. quit it completely, read labels, avoid all dairy proteins: whey, lactose, casein. Quit for 1 month; betcha your skin improves.

(note: some people think eggs and mayo are dairy; they are not. Dairy items come from mammals).

afraidofmilk.jpg
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    DESITIN wonderful stuff.I know it is for diper rash "butt" a sore is a sore is a sore and this stuff dosn't care if it is on your face or your butt or any where else. anyone that has ever used it on a baby's rash knows how fast it works. over night you see a difference. just put it on at nights and leave it all night. you will want an old pillow case though.

^^^ This. Works on baby butt pimples and face pimples! :) I eat dairy and drink coffee and do not have acne problems.
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    dairy is evil, evil, evil. quit it completely, read labels, avoid all dairy proteins: whey, lactose, casein. Quit for 1 month; betcha your skin improves.

(note: some people think eggs and mayo are dairy; they are not. Dairy items come from mammals).

So the evil dairy monster caused it? C'mon now. Show some research before you make a claim like this
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I found coz I sweat more (working out) I wipe my face a lot more often then before. When you wipe your face many times (as I do) you are actually stripping your face of natural oils so your glands are saying "right we have run out of oil, lets make more" and it produces more, the more you keep taking them off your face. After your shower make sure you moisturise your face and also before bed, this way it will keep your glands rested and your face not so oily,

Try also not touching your face so much because it's dirt that brings infection into your skin, hence that is why we get pimples (one of the reasons, not all)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I'd guess its a combination of exercize, and hormones, unless the poster does have dairy sensitivity issues. Since I've started here 6 weeks ago, my skin has actually gotten better, which pleases me enormously! Everyone's different.
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    Was going to say it's probably not dairy, but then I looked it up, so now I'd say it could be dairy or other dietary factors:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0190962204021589
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0738081X0900056X

I don't know. I personally eat dairy only in the forms of yogurt and cheese.
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Get proactiv. It worked for Justin Bieber.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Sounds gross, but clean them with alcohol and put a bit of tooth paste (not gel) on them, it will help dry them out, and sometimes they just rupture. Do this before bed, and when you wake up in the morning wash your face real good with something like dove (dont use a drying facial cleanser) and moisturize. Don't cover the monsters with anything, not even moisturizer. Let them do their thing. Hopefully in a day or two they will be in monster heaven.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Really? There are people who think eggs are dairy products?
  • Elfinmajic
    Elfinmajic Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Rather than getting medical advice from a message board on MFP, go see a dermatologist.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Ugh!! I feel ur pain...I used to have amazing skin and now I'm a disaster...my bod is great but now my face is tooooooo skinny and my skin is gross..I might try proactive???
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I too have had horrible break outs. Mine seems to get better during the summer if I am in the sun ALOT. I use to think it was just stress but I quit my stressfull job about 6 months ago now, and it has yet to clear up...it's actually worse. I started eating right and excercising the beginning of january and that hasnt helped either. I do wonder if I am allergic to dairy. My face cleared up really well a few years ago when I lost weight, exercised and went on birth controll. It started to act up again while I was on BC though. Everything seems to work for me for a little while then, my face rebels again. I should go off of dairy just to see, but I LOVE IT!!!
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I get blotches if I don't wash my face or shower after I work out. Be sure to drink a lot of water and be sure to wash after exercise. Also, be aware that if you are eating healthy and you have a day where you eat something greasy or oily, it may cause blotches. If you eat with your fingers, wash your hands before touching your face.
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My dad had a roscea problem from chemicals at work. His feet peeled like crazy and his face broke out really bad. The DR said to let it run its course. He told him to use witch hazel for his face before bed and again in the morning and to use a moisturizer.
    For his feet use soaking salts once every few days.

The pamphlet he brought home had reasons for this condition to just show up. it had listed weight loss, and diet change as other reasons for the chemistry change. This does not mean to stop what you are doing it just means you should allow your body to detox on its own and in a few months it will be on course again.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Dairy is not the devil. I drink tons of milk, eat a lot of yogurt, cheese etc and am fine.

It's different for everyone. For me, if I eat too much peanut butter I will break out. My brother was the same way.

Are you washing your face daily? Especially after workouts? Are you wearing makeup while you work out? For me that causes acne huge! I have to wash makeup off my face before my workout and use a toner afterwards after I DAB the sweat off (rubbing it makes my face red and itching and burns :( ) I than wash my face like normal at night. I have a thicker moisturizer that I use at night and a thin one during the day.

Are you washing your makeup tools? Foundation brushes/sponges? Those can cause acne when bacterial builds up. Drink tons of water and take vitamin E (works wonders for my skin - I ran out and haven't gotten more yet and my skin is terrible now).

I agree with going to see a dermatologist. They are the best to help.

I tried proactiv before when my skin was bad and it only made it worse - it doesn't work nearly as well as the commercials say it does (obviously!)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Im eating more (good) fat and found my face cleared up.

It could also be stress related
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Always, always, ALWAYS wash your face before bedtime. (Hooray if you do this already)

My skin is a lot clearer after I started using the good 'ol gelatin/milk facemask:

-1 Pouch UNFLAVORED gelatin mix
    -1 TBS Milk (any kind)
    -Disposable bowl/cup (trust me, use one you can throw away!)

stir the mix and milk in the bowl, then heat in the microwave for 10 seconds. After it's slightly cool, apply to your face (i use a plastic spoon/knife), and let harden (at least 15ish minutes).

My skin feels fantastic after I do this, and much clearer.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Keep your face clean and increase your intake of foods with Vitamin A. It's good for the skin.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'll support the comment that said cut out dairy. I just found out a few months back that I'm allergic to dairy so I cut it out COMPLETELY from my diet and my skin is better then it's been in years. :)

I second that!! I never made the connection to dairy and my skin until a few months ago and I have never had a better complection (sp?) Even my arms and legs where I have KP / chicken skin since I was 12 has cleared up!!
    Keep in mind there are good fats that help build collagen like Omega's and Vit E...is it possible its something your lacking? just a suggestion..
    =)
  • Rosbrook1985
    Rosbrook1985 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments, I can safely say it's not diary, when I had clear skin I was on a lot more dairy than I am now.

I think i'm going to put it down to hormones! I have a good skincare routine, wear make up twice a month at most and ALWAYS shower and do my face after excercise.

Some of these did make me laugh.... go to a dermatologist? Jesus, it's 6 spots, the dermatologist would laugh me right out of their office!