BUTTERFINGER CAKE

Options

Replies

• zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    That sounds delicious.
    Why would you post such negative comments on somebody's recipe? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that somebody else can't try it. Sorry that all of us are not organic vegans who eat next to nothing.

I agree with hiker! We all need a treat once in a while. Sounds like a great birthday cake!

I'm not a vegan, nor do I eat organic. I just question why high sugar, high calorie recipes are added, that is all.
  • Teresa71464
    Options
    BUMP
  • minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options
    bump
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    It's a very rich and seemingly sinful cake for not that many calories, that's why she would post it. She didn't say to eat it for breakfast everyday and lose weight.

I looked up a similar full on recipe and it clocks in at 532 calories for 1/12 sized piece.

http://www.food.com/recipe/scrumptious-butterfinger-cake-137474
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Lighten up you ****s! Everything is healthy in the right quantity, even if that quantity is zero. A little slice of cake won't kill you or make you fat. Eating the whole thing will.

^^^ THIS! I want a LOVE button. :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • theakate
    theakate Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump. lot's of us still cook for families and others that are not necessarily obsessed with losing weight. Thank you for the recipe. I will be trying this dessert for our card group tonight.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    this sounds like it's absolutely horrible for you.

The recipes posted here are for healthier, nutritious foods... not cakes loaded with sugar and trans-fats and chemicals. This cake sounds delicious, but the recipe for it belongs on another site - one that isn't about fitness and making healthy choices.
  • MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    bump! :happy:
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious.
    Why would you post such negative comments on somebody's recipe? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that somebody else can't try it. Sorry that all of us are not organic vegans who eat next to nothing.

I agree with hiker! We all need a treat once in a while. Sounds like a great birthday cake!

THANK YOU! :drinker:

Puh-lease people! It's a light version of a recipe! If you don't like the recipe, don't eat it and if you don't like the post, for pete's sake, don't reply to it! We're here to SUPPORT each other...not berate. Boo on you!
  • emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    Options
    Lighten up you ****s! Everything is healthy in the right quantity, even if that quantity is zero. A little slice of cake won't kill you or make you fat. Eating the whole thing will.

And thanks to this, I have faith in humanity again! :drinker:
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options

The recipes posted here are for healthier, nutritious foods... not cakes loaded with sugar and trans-fats and chemicals. This cake sounds delicious, but the recipe for it belongs on another site - one that isn't about fitness and making healthy choices.

Assuming the math is right it is less than half the calories of the original version.
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    Apparently don't get in between people and their cake. Noted. Enjoy it I guess.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options

Assuming the math is right it is less than half the calories of the original version.

That's true. And I think it sounds reaaalllyyy tasty, and would make a great treat. I just feel like posting it on this site is a bit like putting a baskin robbins inside of a gym.

It's easy to find recipes for treats on any food blog.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

This.

This *kitten* sounds awesome. I'd eat it.

You don't have to eat only vegetables for the rest of your life, you know.

blah blah, lifestyle change, blah blah, not a diet, blah blah, moderation, blah blah...you get the point....

EAT ALL THE THINGS!!!!!!!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

The recipes posted here are for healthier, nutritious foods...

Where does it say that?

I just see "Recipes"...
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    INGREDIENTS:
    Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe - Devil's Food Cake Mix, 1/12 package
    Nestle - Butterfinger 2 Pc King Size, 1 container (2 pieces ea.)
    Diet Coke Can (12 Fl oz), 12 fl oz
    Smuckers - Fat Free Chocolate Sundae Syrup, 0.5 container (28 tbsp ea.)
    Smucker's - Fat Free Carmel Syrup, 0.5 container (28 tbsp ea.)
    Kraft Cool Whip - Fat Free , 0.5 container (152 tbsp ea.)

DIRECTIONS:
    Mix cake mix and coke together & blend well, place in a greased 9x13 pan and bake as directed on box or until tooth pic comes out clean. As soon as you take it out of the oven, poke hole in the cake with a toothpick and pour both, the chocolate topping sauce and carmel topping sauce over the hot cake and let cool. Once cool, spread the cool whip topping over top of cake, after crushing Butterfinger bars up( I usually put them in a ziplock bag and beat the crap out of it) and sprinke over top of cake and serve

Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein
    Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe - Devil's Food Cake Mix, 1/12 package 180 35 4 2
    Nestle - Butterfinger 2 Pc King Size, 1 container (2 pieces ea.) 460 76 18 6
    Deleted - Diet Coke Can (12 Fl oz), 12 fl oz 0 0 0 0
    Smuckers - Fat Free Chocolate Sundae Syrup, 0.5 container (28 tbsp (39g) ea.) 700 168 0 7
    Smucker's - Fat Free Carmel Syrup, 0.5 container (28 tbsp ea.) 700 175 0 7
    Kraft Cool Whip - Fat Free , 0.5 container (152 tbsp ea.) 570 114 0 0
    Add Ingredient
    Total: 2610 568 22 22
    Per Serving: 174 calories // 38 Carbs // 1 Fat // 1 Protein

Based on how many servings?
  • emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    Options
    Everyone does realize that this section of the forums is called "Recipes", not specifically "Zero carb, zero calorie, zero fat meal ideas that I will probably try to always find something to criticize about because I'm feeling hormonal". And yes, MFP is primarily used for losing weight and eating healthily, but, once again, it doesn't specifically say what a person has to post about or what kind of things their recipe ideas should contain.

Who knows, this recipe may be a great idea for a treat once in a while, or some sort of special occasion. Stop being so quick to throw around negative comments and get on with your own choices. Me oh my. :indifferent:
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options

The recipes posted here are for healthier, nutritious foods...

Where does it say that?

I just see "Recipes"...

:heart: ^^^ LOVE ^^^ :heart:
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    A few people in this thread sound like they could use a slice of Butterfinger cake.

For 174 calories per serving, this sounds like an absolutely reasonable treat. Thanks for the recipe, OP! :)
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Is it really1/12 of the cake mix or 1/2?????? Will make a difference in calorie count.