Do people's avatars make a difference to how you see them?

Options

Replies

• bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    My favorite avatars are of people, although it doesn't bother me seeing something else. I like seeing faces and feeling like I "know" who I'm talking to (even though it may not necessarily be reality. :wink:)
    Overweight or thin, young or old, pretty face or "interesting" face...I will be friends with pretty much anyone IRL. Same thing here.
    I only avoid people who are habitually hateful.
  • sallyann76
    Options
    no I like to see how people are doing
  • runfoodierun
    runfoodierun Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    nope. I enjoy the self pics. regardless of size. bc they are honest. and we are all here for the same reason. to get fit.

I enjoy the other pics, bc they are either humorous. or show us an interest in you.
    no judgment. ever. :drinker:
  • milanks
    milanks Posts: 122
    Options
    Not at all...
    I typically have an inspirational saying and such...
    Just put my own photo up a while ago... I will probably switch it up when I find another great saying!

THE ones that I don't get.. are when they put up an old SKINNY photo of them, asking how to lose 50+ pounds... people saying YOU DON"T NEED TO LOSE THAT MUCH... because the photo is skinny....
    If that makes sense???!!!
    I think maybe one reason people might use that sort of photo is for inspiration, to have it staring out at them as a constant reminder of how they once were and would like to be again. Same with photos of skinny models and such, goal-type photos.

<---I have Supremes era Diana Ross over there because she is wicked cute.
  • azazelrabbit
    Options
    I think maybe one reason people might use that sort of photo is for inspiration, to have it staring out at them as a constant reminder of how they once were and would like to be again. Same with photos of skinny models and such, goal-type photos.

<---I have Supremes era Diana Ross over there because she is wicked cute.

Maybe I want to be a rabbit... haha.
  • azazelrabbit
    Options
    Hehe. I like your bunny.

Awww, shucks. He's cute isn't he.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess I'm the odd man out, because I make an instant judgement about the person based on their choice of display picture. It's not necessarily a bad judgement, but I form an opinion, definitely. Some pictures say more than others, though.
  • azazelrabbit
    Options
    Well, I guess I'm the odd man out, because I make an instant judgement about the person based on their choice of display picture. It's not necessarily a bad judgement, but I form an opinion, definitely. Some pictures say more than others, though.

Do you judge (for want of a better word) people if their avatar is not of themselves?
  • milanks
    Options
    The rabbit is definitely giving Diana a run for her money in the "wicked cute" department. ;) How many sit-ups you think I've got to do to get awesome ears like that?
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    The only ones that bother me are the 'super skinnys' either where they are or where they want to be. My pic is me, people can see I'm a fat *****, so if they choose to friend me, then I guess that's a positive.
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    It doesn't affect how or what I think of people, but as others have said - I like it when I can get to know my friends a little bit, and I enjoy seeing different pictures of my friends, their family, pets, activities, etc over time. When I see people without any avatar at all, it makes me think they aren't here for the long haul. Maybe they are shy and don't want a pic of themselves - that's OK - but it is so easy to put a picture of something up. Really skinny or buff people make me a little jealous :sad: , but I don't judge them. And with the really larger people, so many of them have great faces. I don't mean to say that that is all they should put in a picture - I just like "people watching". :flowerforyou:
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    <-- People still friended me. :-)
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter to me what they put up. Cause you won't be getting a true picture of me. I have never been photogentic, fat or otherwise. :embarassed:

Sooooo, what you see is my precious buddy. He is a heck of alot cuter than I will ever be. :glasses:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

Do you judge (for want of a better word) people if their avatar is not of themselves?

Only in the sense that it may say something about their personality or what matters to them. What they say on the forum is more important than their display picture.
  • azazelrabbit
    Options
    Well my avatar has earned me the nickname 'Thumper'. How wonderful.

I'm quite fond of people who have animals as their avatar (hence <<<) because they still have character but the site remains fairly anonymous, which is a benefit in my opinion.

Might keep 'thumper' for now :)
  • azazelrabbit
    Options
    The rabbit is definitely giving Diana a run for her money in the "wicked cute" department. ;) How many sit-ups you think I've got to do to get awesome ears like that?

He's a little furball, isn't he :)
    Hmmm... I reckon hanging upside down would be more effective than sit-ups, haha. Give yourself 2-3 years upside down and you'll have long ears in no time!
  • lucyholt1
    Options
    It helps me to see who might be similar to me in terms of progress etc without having to go into everyone's profile! Laziness really...

I'm the same really. I don't judge people on their pictures, but if I see full body photos I would be more inclined to look on their profile as I like to see how people have progressed. I like to see before and after pictures because it inspires me :)
  • lucyholt1
    Options
    Doesn't matter to me what they put up. Cause you won't be getting a true picture of me. I have never been photogentic, fat or otherwise. :embarassed:

Sooooo, what you see is my precious buddy. He is a heck of alot cuter than I will ever be. :glasses:

your dog is so cute!!
  • milanks
    Options
    Well my avatar has earned me the nickname 'Thumper'. How wonderful.

I'm quite fond of people who have animals as their avatar (hence <<<) because they still have character but the site remains fairly anonymous, which is a benefit in my opinion.

Might keep 'thumper' for now :)
    I like the bunny very much! I agree about the anonymity being a benefit, I like keeping my "real pictures" tucked away in my profile. That way, I'm "here" but it reduces the chance that a casual acquaintance, friend of a friend, co-worker etc. might stumble across some embarrassing post I've made about cellulite or something. :)
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

Only in the sense that it may say something about their personality or what matters to them. What they say on the forum is more important than their display picture.

exactly... although i didnt hear any scooby jokes until i had this avatar. lol