Sigh I hate breakups

Options
124»

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I just broke up after 3 almost 4 years together. He changed his mind and decided he didn't want kids (he is 41 and has kids previously) I am 28 never been married or have had any children but I told him from the get go that I wanted them. I don't feel we have wasted our experiences but I am mad that he wasted my time telling me he wanted them when he really didnt' know. I know I am only 28 almost 29 but now I feel like I have to start all over again...........*sigh* at least I am thinner now. Anybody got some words of wisdom or stories of being in a similar situation to make me feel better lol
    I divorced my hubby of 6 yrs for the same reason...he decided he didnt want kids and I couldnt just take that off my to do list of life...best decision ever for me...keep on living and make your life exactly the way you want
  • Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am glad he said something before you were married. A friend of mine got married and after a year her husband decided he didn't want kids. It was sad, because she immediately filed for divorce. You will find the right person, that wants the same thing as you. Stay strong.
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I was married for 8 years and am in the middle of a divorce now. It's better to deal with this type of situation now than later. My husband told me he wanted certain things and I fullfilled them. But, over time he changed his mind. Things got really bad and our marriage was not healthy. I am in so much pain right now. We have 2 kids and they are the only thing I am greatful for from my time with him.

You can't force something on him. And you can't change what you want. You deserve things to go right for you. If it wasn't right, you have to deal with the pain and try to move on in a healthy way.