Morning Coffee suggestions

Options
124»

Replies

• FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I don't know what creamer is but what's wrong with 30 mls of milk? If you want it sweeter try some vanilla extract or stevia.

Creamer is fake cream. It is also often sweetened and flavored. Americans seem to prefer fake crap to real milk. I don't know why. I like black coffee, personally. Nothing wrong with 30 mls of milk, but I just prefer it black.
  • FitLink
    Options
    I love coffee. I drink an organic Sumatra for my morning cup with a tablespoon of raw cream, straight from the cow. It's what heaven must taste like.

And for those of us who don't have a cow...
  • FitLink
    Options
    I like chocolate so I add a 25 calorie swiss miss packet and some stevia/splenda to my coffee.

The Swiss Miss is good, but the 20 calorie Nestles Fat-Free is better!
  • CindyCountingCalories
    CindyCountingCalories Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat. Used to go down every morning with colleagues to get a cup of coffee. It was as much of a daily routine as going to the gym was.

Then I realised how bad a coffee with milk actually was...

I had to start drinking black coffee. Like you, I find it rather unbearable without some sweetener. That is why I use Stevia. It is a natural plant byproduct so it is not artificial and it contains barely any calories. Try it. You wont be disappointed.

Interesting, why is coffee with milk bad?
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    I get Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla coffee, fat-free powder creamer from Wal Mart (The Great Value kind) and I use one packet of Truvia. It's heavenly. And only around 30 calories.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I don't know what creamer is but what's wrong with 30 mls of milk? If you want it sweeter try some vanilla extract or stevia.

Creamer is fake cream. It is also often sweetened and flavored. Americans seem to prefer fake crap to real milk. I don't know why. I like black coffee, personally. Nothing wrong with 30 mls of milk, but I just prefer it black.

I just had to Google to see what this creamer business is. Sounds a bit yuk!
  • PetersonMatthew
    Options
    Almond milk or silk milk unsweetened only 5 cals a serving with a tad of Splenda and your looking at under 10 cals a cup of coffee
  • PetersonMatthew
    Options
    Pending on the coffee maybe 5 cals a cup :-)
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    I love coffee. I drink an organic Sumatra for my morning cup with a tablespoon of raw cream, straight from the cow. It's what heaven must taste like.

And for those of us who don't have a cow...

haha!!
  • TrinaCanDoThis
    Options
    Contrary view - I love my coffee, so keep it as my daily luxury item and permit myself a single 400ml mochaccino each day. It's something like 250 or 260 calories with light milk.

Coffee acts as an appetite suppressant, and this size of coffee sees me through from about 8.30am to 11.30am without cravings, so I generally have a couple of glasses of water and a few celery sticks to keep hydrated. If I don't have the coffee in the morning, I'll generally chew through a similar amount of food in those three hours.
    Totally agree! :)
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up my morning coffee. And, I don't like it black. So, to make mine lighter (calorie wise), I use vanilla flavored coconut milk and stevia. I recently bought a box of stevia in the raw, so I'm going to try that to see if it's any different than the Truvia I was using. So far it's been great and my morning coffee habit is only costing 20 calories.
  • misslissa121
    Options
    Silk makes a creamer, I also just like vanilla almond milk in it, the sweetened from Silk is 90 calories, and the unsweetened is only 35 calories per cup. I like the slight nutty flavor (I'm a huge hazelnut fan) I also like French Vanilla Red Tea which is decaf and I can drink it without sugar and since it is tea I don't need milk in it. I also just bought some Chocolate Hazelnut tea from Stash at Kroger I am going to try this morning. Even with regular sugar, your coffee really should not be that bad in the way of calories. If you really want to drink the coffee made the way you like it then keep doing it, maybe you can find somewhere else in your diet where you are eating unnecesary calories you can cut (bread items, soda). My thing is to make sure you are drinking plenty of water with your coffee to replace the water the caffiene draws out of your system.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Fat Free Half and Half and Splenda. Or you can just go easy on the Half and Half (and not those sugar-laden flavored ones) and a Tsp or 2 of sugar. Everything in moderation!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I usually have soy or almond milk . I also put a dash of cinnamon in it too. mmmmmm.....

12854723.png
  • Cheryl943
    Cheryl943 Posts: 83
    Options
    I drink a lot of coffee daily. I was always the sort who had lots of sweetener and cream. Originally it was sugar, 3 tsp. and 1/2 & 1/2. As I got older and fatter I switched to milk and sweetener. I was consuming a average of 20 sweetener packets a day. My choice was Equal. Then I read that Equal converts to Formaldehyde in the body and that really freaked me out. I stopped using any sweetener that same day. I am still having 1/2 & 1/2 and now my first cup of the day also gets 1 tsp. of organic coconut oil. You might think that sounds gross (I did before I tried it too) but it actually mellows the bitterness of the coffee. I use the same cup all day so there is a bit of oil in each cup from the residue. Read up on the oil if you are interested in the "why use it". I am not a fan of flavored coffee so that is not an option. The powdered creamers can have hidden calories and tons of chemicals so I avoid those as well. Good luck on your quest for the right cup for you.
  • sunshinekind919
    sunshinekind919 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I agree with a lot of people on here, if you've tried other things, and don't like your coffee any other way, I'd just use it as a treat item. I've traded a lot of my coffee for tea, so I don't mind the additional calories now and then to have my perfect cup of joe!
  • crysmcd1
    crysmcd1 Posts: 54
    Options
    i go hard... every morning. stevia and full fat half and half. i account for it and i balance my diet the rest of the day. my coffee is that important to me. :)
  • Cupcake1015
    Cupcake1015 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bumping to read later! <3 coffee!