March 2012 Challenge for Late Night Snackers

Options
Ready to kill the bad habit on munching till late at night and doubling your calories by doing so? Then pick dinner or the last (planned) snack of the day as a cut-off and put no more calories in your mouth past that time. After you've committed to a cut-off time, update us here on your progress.

To keep the score, we've used so far the format: Me <your number> vs LNS <Late night snacks' number>
So for instance after 5 days of success and 2 failures, you would write: Me: 5 - LNS: 2

Let's help each other to stay on track...

Replies

• karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    bump
  • karenleona
    Options
    LNS 0
    Me 1*

so far so good :laugh: :laugh:
  • karenleona
    Options
    LNS 0
    Me 2*
  • kmbrleykay
    Options
    I would like to join. I will start tonight. After dinner snack allowable to 9 pm. (recently had a lesson at our tops club, that this helps with overnight metabolism.) But must be a healthy snack (cereal, cheesestick, low cal pudding, fruit, etc). NOT JUNK (for me that means no candy, marshmallows, chips etc.)
  • nitterlyn
    nitterlyn Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Going to give it a try.....LNS always my weakness.
  • super_star_27
    super_star_27 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Got to try this....

ME - 0
    LNS - 1

:(
  • bettyclv
    bettyclv Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    sounds like a winner my snack will be 1 cup popcorn no butter and a fun size pack of peanut m&m which fit right in with my plan and it will be before 9. I have been doing the before 9 thing for a while and believe me it is hard but it works and makes a big difference. I just refuse to stay up late night watching tv because that is setting you up for failure. when I feel the urges coming I grab more water crunch on ice and go to bed. If you keep you day busy and work out turning in a bit early will not be a hard adjustment. So Im on board
  • nitterlyn
    Options
    Me - 1
    LNS - 0
  • super_star_27
    super_star_27 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Me - 1
    LNS - 1
  • karenleona
    Options
    LNS 0
    Me 3*

man was last night hard!!! went out to see the Lord of the Dance at a nearby venue and did not realize they have vendors selling all kinds of temptations!!! managed to resist only cause i am too cheap to spend money and i do not like standing in line!!! went through tim horton`s for a cup of tea on the way home and managed not to order any food so i was really happy about that !!!
  • kmbrleykay
    Options
    yesterday was my first day: me --1
    LNS -- 0

Yea! Karen. Great Job!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    ME - 4
    LNS - 0
  • nitterlyn
    Options
    Me - 2
    LNS - 0
  • karenleona
    Options
    LNS 1*
    Me 3

even tho i had a healthy snack at 10 pm (celery and pb) i ate it for stress reasons so i cannot count that as victory :grumble:
    hopefully tonight will be better

what are some of your techniques to help you not snack?? sometimes i have tea, brush my teeth or go to my room and read to keep me out of the kitchen!

lullabelle and nitterlyn- great job !
  • kmbrleykay
    Options
    Late night snacking won last night. I had to clean my hedgehog cages & that involves being in the kitchen at night. But it doesnt have to involve eating. Had a slice of light bologna, because it looked good & some marshmallows because they are my favorite, I buy them in several flavors.

anyway as punishment I made myself get up before work and do my 100 workout. & I hate to exercise in the am.

Great night tonight, just finished exercising (rode bike and walked treadmill), now going to bed.

LNS --1
    Me -- 2
  • kmbrleykay
    Options
    LNS 1*
    Me 3

even tho i had a healthy snack at 10 pm (celery and pb) i ate it for stress reasons so i cannot count that as victory :grumble:
    hopefully tonight will be better

what are some of your techniques to help you not snack?? sometimes i have tea, brush my teeth or go to my room and read to keep me out of the kitchen!

lullabelle and nitterlyn- great job !

At least you resorted to a healthy snack. As far as techniques, my only option is stay out of the kitchen, & mind over matter. I'm usually pretty determined, but late night snacking is my biggest downfall when it comes to my eating, I keep calories purposely for all the things I know I will eat after dinner. Really need to break the habit, that is why I joined this challenge.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    ME - 5*
    LNS - 0
  • workerbee2011
    workerbee2011 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Will start today :)
  • nitterlyn
    Options
    Me - 3
    LNS -0
  • karenleona
    Options
    Late night snacking won last night. I had to clean my hedgehog cages & that involves being in the kitchen at night. But it doesnt have to involve eating. Had a slice of light bologna, because it looked good & some marshmallows because they are my favorite, I buy them in several flavors.

anyway as punishment I made myself get up before work and do my 100 workout. & I hate to exercise in the am.

Great night tonight, just finished exercising (rode bike and walked treadmill), now going to bed.

LNS --1
    Me -- 2
    great way to start your day....with exercise!! good job getting back on track