Just Dance 3 Sweat points?

Options
2»

Replies

• merlegirl88
    Options
    It is 4.2 sweat points = 1 calorie burnt, dance games are awesome and dancing period best way to dance away that excess weight, I have been doing this game and others on wii , pretty much all my exercise and its how i lost 36 pounds ....
  • hateras
    hateras Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Based off of the WII version....for me, I burned less than what it was telling me I did. I thought I was doing good until my BodyBugg came in. When I compared the bodybugg calorie burn to what the Game stated it was about 1/3 of the total.

I would suggest that you only eat back 1/3 of what they said you burn.

I will say that doing the Dance 3 - caused a higher calorie burn per minute than walking 30 minutes on the treadmill. It does get your heart rate up but the calorie burn is questionable.

I
  • mykahlio1
    mykahlio1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I use just dance 3 and dance central 1 and 2 and I don't go by the game I log it as aerobics and as long as my heart rate is up it's high impact and log for how ever many minutes you did it , this seems to be working for me so far. I can't wait to try the new country dance that comes out on Tuesday for the kinect
  • misspapplion
    Options
    It must really depend on your weight. Burning 4.2 calories for 1 sweat point is so unreal. If you look at the sweat point ticker while you dance, it goes up pretty fast, mine like a little less than 1 point a second. It makes more sense for it to be 10 sweat points, one calorie burned. Thats one calorie every 10 seconds... sounds right to me. I just did 3383 sweat points, but I didn't keep track of the minutes I spent playing... it was a while. 338 calories burned sounds totally right. 805 calories (using 4.2 as a guide) is WAY OFF. Don't cheat yourself!
  • Ahanaz
    Ahanaz Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    bump

What does this mean?
  • SCMPSCMP
    SCMPSCMP Posts: 5
    Options
    4.2 does seem steep to me?
    Then again i'm not used to exercising so don't have anything to put it up against lol

Scmp
  • 2bmechick
    2bmechick Posts: 1
    Options
    It's 10 sweat points per calorie if youre actually dancing not just moving the controller.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I wore my HRM for 2000 sweat points and for me it was 236 calories.
  • dragonriot
    Options
    Swimming Breaststroke for one hour burns ~875 calories... Just Dance 3 on Wii says the hardest sweat workout is equivalent to a half hour of swimming, so assume that 3000 sweat points is about 435 calories max... Front Crawl burns about 650 calories per hour, and Back Crawl burns 550 calories per hour... Butterfly burns over 900... hope that helps.

Source: I'm a swimming instructor and coach.
  • itsjulz1324
    itsjulz1324 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    it's 4.2 sweat points to every 1 calorie. You've got it round the wrong way.