A question for the ladies....

Options

Replies

• BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I don't like most females...From Preschool to my senior year of HS my best friend was a guy (Were still friends we just never get to see eachother anymore) I just don't connect with girls really...If they wanted me to sit around & watch chick flicks & talk about babies, I'd probably stab myself! Lol
  • chrissismone
    chrissismone Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I don't have friends period so def no bestie. I'm way to sad as some call it to have friends or to maintain friendships. This was on my to-do list for 2012 to maintain friendships but as of late that hasn't been the case. It would be nice to have someone to go out with or whatnot or someone who checks in but alas the life of the horrid doesn't play nice with the social cute scene. Now that I have been without for so long I don't think it would work as I go mia for a while, Im a introvert so it's mandatory for me to go off the grid in order to recoup..
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    My bestie and I have been best friends since freshman in high school almost 20 yrs ago. She is getting married, i am her made of honor and when i get married she will be mine. My other bestie lives in Arkansas we dont talk everyday but we can pick up like I just spoke to her..... i dont know what i would do without either of them.
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I had a best friend growing up until I was about 18. Then she decided to become a *kitten* and get all crazy! I've been going through a lot with my divorce and I wish I would have had someone close to talk to or just go to to get my mind off of things. I have coworkers that I talk to about things and I know they don't judge me. It's all about putting yourself out there. I pretty much lost all of my friends in the divorce because they were the wives my exhusbands friends. They say that they are not going to "pick" between us but stuff like that happens.

Anyway, if you are ok with your life and you don't feel like you are missing out on anything then don't worry! There are people who need lots of friends and go between groups and thats cool. Your versitle. There's also people who are connected to one person and thats ok too. Whatever makes you happy : )
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    My hubs is my best friend.... I have some very close lady friends, but we don't go get manicures together. They can talk me off a ledge if I'm upset and they show up to cheer me on in my proudest moments, but we don't do spa day or go shopping or any of that crap. I prefer to paint my nails in solitude.

There is nothing odd about having a lot of guy friends or having your significant other be your bestie.

It is only odd if you have no friends at all.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    No one NEEDS anything but food and shelter. There are no rules about how to live your personal life. There's nothing wrong with not having a best friend as long as you are happy.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    i do not have a best friend, or at least not a human one... i'd love to have a best chick or gay friend, but i don't have the time to find one and every time i meet someone new, they already have a bff. good luck on your search!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I actually don't have any close female best friends. I've moved around so much. I would love a few to spend "girl time" with but it's tough. I have "close" friends via text messaging and some I stay in contact with from high school but that's it.
  • katherinemm31
    Options
    My two best friends are from college and live in Massachusetts (too far away). One is female, one is a gay male. And of course, there is my husband, but that's a little different. Gender doesn't matter to me. It's not about gender.
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I too have female acquaintances and have found it's easier to have male friends. This doesn't always workout so well when I want to do girlie things. I'm surrounded by men\boys even at home, who I think sometimes forget I am a girl. Some of that could be my own doing. :) Good to hear that others seem to be in the same boat. I can't say I'm unhappy, it just is what it is. I'm not really girlie anyway, so I guess it works out.
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Nope. My best friend is my husband :)
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    My hubs is my best friend....

I forgot to mention that my hubby is my best friend but he gets annoyed with all my talking sometimes. Lol!
  • katherinemm31
    Options
    I actually don't have any close best friends. I've moved around so much. I would love a few to spend "girl time" with but it's tough. I have "close" friends via text messaging and some I stay in contact with from high school but that's it.
    It's hard when you move around, and the older you get, the harder it is to make close friendships, I think. People get busy with their own lives and concerns. Friendships become secondary, which is really sad. Of course, it's hard if your spouse or other friends don't like your best friend. But that's another issue.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    While like a lot of the ladies here, my friends usually consist of males, I think it is important to have female friends as well -- even if they are harder to come by.

Despite the odds, every time I move the friends who keep in touch the most are my female friends.

As for having a best friend, I have never had that "close" relationship with another person (like in the movies haha) except with boyfriends and my mom. Also, a couple online friends (one who I consider a best friend after knowing each other 7 years).
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I graduated high school in 2010, and at the time, I had a couple people I called my best friends. As I've gone through almost two years of college now, my views have changed. I've made a couple friends in college, but none I really see myself keeping in touch with when we graduate, or as lifelong friends. One of them I've known less than a year, and she asked me to be a bridesmaid for her wedding...that was a shock! I said no in a nice way, but just don't feel THAT close to her. With the friends I've met in college, we occasionally talk or hang out, but nothing I would call a best friend.

My closest friends are still my high school friends, but instead of just one best friend, I find I can do separate things, or tell certain things, to only certain ones. One is more girly than the others and will do mani/pedis with me, one loves being stupid and silly together, another one loves my same shows and love of cooking, and one likes to do races as well. Besides, some friends it's harder to talk about certain things with compared to others. Plus, some high school friends have drifted away.

So, no...I definitely think it's fine to have different friends and not one best friend. :)
  • katherinemm31
    Options
    My hubs is my best friend....

I forgot to mention that my hubby is my best friend but he gets annoyed with all my talking sometimes. Lol!
    HAHAHA! Yeah, my husband gets annoyed with my chatter sometimes. When I work more outside the home, it's not so bad. It's not that I'm an extrovert or anything, but I need my people time. I actually love people, but I'm an internal processor for the most part (a writer, so yeah).
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I had a "best friend" in high school. After we graduated, we both got married, I moved away for about 2 years. When I came home everything had changed. I really missed our friendship. We both tried, but we had both changed and moved on with our lives. Since then my best friends have always been men. Personally, I think men make better friends; the ones I've had anyway.
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Yes i do, we have been best friends since the first day of K. that's been a few years. Now we don't see each other lots or talk all the time. I just know she is always there for me day or night and never never judges me. I am the same for her. She has enriched my life greatly. I am very lucky
  • Timelessmissv
    Options
    I have been blessed with fantastic best friends . I believe that the right one will tell you what you need to hear without fearing of losing your friendship. Like with any other relationship it takes work from both sides and some often do not make it for the long haul. If you want a BFF it should be organic and happen over time as you get to know each other and appreciate the differences and similarities . it is like finding that rare gem but if your lucky to have one it is a great asset . Many women though are ruthless and catty with each other to making the finding of a good friend is difficult and frustrating but if you are smart you can find some good people and you dont need to to have a huge circle just quality people . So if you wants to pursue that you have to open yourself much like finding a guy . LOL
  • dnewton123
    Options
    Most of my close friends have been male...for whatever reason I do tend to get along better with men than women. I appreciate those ppl who have had friendships that have lasted years and from time to time I do wish I had someone to just hang out with but then I get over it and life goes on.