Replies

• djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'9"
    Starting weight: 158
    Current Weight: 134
    Goal weight: 130

I got down to 128 at one point but I was not happy with the results. After a revamp of my diet, I have gained back that weight and then some but I wear the same size jeans. I increased protein, cardio (uphill), and strength training. I am still gaining but maintaing my measurements. I am working on focusing on recomposition more than the scale.
  • KimmieSue2011
    KimmieSue2011 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 9'' and 42. I started MFP at 158, when I stopped logging I got to 162 and now I am around 154, trying to get to 150.
  • i_miss_donuts
    i_miss_donuts Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    5'9"
    SW 141
    CW 136
    GW 133 (?)

In high school and through college I was in the low 120's. I was 134 when I got married and 10 mos later was over 200 while pregnant with my first (refused to weigh in after that point since I outweighed my 6'5" husband :sad: ). After my son was born, I got stuck for a while in the mid-140s, which I think is too high for my small frame. I was pregnant a total of 5 times and carried to term twice (miscarriages in between) and I found it really hard to stay thin while trying to get pregnant, so I didn't get really serious about reaching my goal weight until I had my daughter (now 6). Now I seem to float between 132 and 140. For me 140 is my get my *kitten* together number because I feel like it's a slippery slope from there and 2 extra pounds can easily become 10. My mother and grandparents have struggled with obesity for most of their lives and as such I am probably borderline neurotic about eating healthy and being fit - especially as an example for my kids. I lift and run 5 days per week and am very active. My girlfriends say I don't need to lose any weight. However, I don't tend to listen to anyone's opinions since my goal is to have visible muscle definition in my arms, abs and legs which I think is beautiful but I know is something that not everyone finds appealing. I think that is the bottom line - finding the number at which YOU are healthy and feel strong and attractive.
  • TrinNZ
    TrinNZ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" so not much shorter and currently 150lbs (down 6lbs in about 6 weeks). My first goal is to get to 140lbs. After that I want to drop another 5lbs if I can but i'll be more interested in gaining lean muscle. The weight is less important than inch loss for me. I am currently a size 8-10 depending, I would like to be a size 6 or a 26" jean. Mostly I just want a firm butt and a flat, toned stomach. Those are my biggest goals. And to be fit and strong so I can be active without hurting myself.

I think the scale isn't always the best indicator. I like measurement better, and mostly being able to buy smaller clothes. That's more important to me than what the scale reads.
  • TrinNZ
    TrinNZ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you Cek....my friends wouldn't say I really need to lose weight (though i'm a little soft around the edges). I'm not considered overweight for my height and foot size (apparently that plays a role too!) but I too would like to have great muscle definition. My first goal is to lose the weight, then phase 2 for me is to start lifting some serious weight. I'm doing Zumba and some P90x at the mo but soon i'll get into P90x full on and Bring it! I'm excited to not just look ok in a bikini but to look amazing! I want to finally be comfortable with my body and be able to wear what I like and not worry about my stomach showing.

Bring on Summer and a new me!
  • Hannaaah1990
    Options
    Hi newbie here. I'm 5"9 :) I'm currently 189 pounds. Initial goal weight is 168 but the lowest i've ever been is 153 and I'd love to get back to that but taking things one step at a time. I don't want to be super skinny as I think I'd lose my curves which I definitely don't want to do, just going to see how it goes :)
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9-5'10 . My highest weight was 240 (sigh) in graduate school after being 175ish in college a few years prior. That was my lowest weight as an adult. I will like to be that weight again. Anything less I will start to look sick and too skinny which I don't want to be. Plus, I dont want my boobs to get too small..lol.. I am 204.8 now. I will like to be around 190 for my birthday in August and hit my goal weight by the end of the year. I am going to re-evaluate my goals though because my body is def a different shape and build than when I lost weight before. I was a size 14-16 at this weight prior. However, I am inching to a size 12 really soon because I lift a lot more weights than before.
  • Jewel1201
    Jewel1201 Posts: 68
    Options
    Hello, I am 33 tomorrow close enough for me :) I am 5'10 my heaviest was about 270. When I started MFP I weighed 250.8 after 2 weeks I am down to 240. I would like to be at a healthy 160 and go from there. I relize that this is a complete life change and I am so ready for a change!
  • missjules1987
    Options
    im 5'9...im currently about 150 pounds. my goal is 135. the lowest i have been is 125, but that was too skinny for me. im gonna try for 135-140.
  • extremewinner
    extremewinner Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. :) Around 5'9 and my heaviest was almost 85 kg. I am now bouncing between 79 and 80 kgs. Ive been sick for the past two weeks so I dont know where I stand right now. My goal is to reach at least 60 kg.
  • Symphony6
    Symphony6 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 8.5"; current stats are:
    SW: 257
    GW: 165
    CW: 235

I think we can compare all day long, but ultimately, height doesn't tell the whole story, only part of it. For example, a girl on this thread is my height, 156 and a size 6. I have been 138 (in high school) and I was a size 9 at that weight. There's no way I would ever see a 6 as an adult!! I'm okay with that :) I'm aiming to be in my healthy weight range and then, I'll think about toning up.
  • Jessica_Henry74
    Options
    I am 5'11 and 23 Years old. I just started my weight loss journey 2 days ago. I weigh 318.5 pounds. (I've had 4 babies in the last 6 years, my newest was born this last December) I never lost all my baby weight. So this is where I'm at now. I do have a goal weight which is 250 for now, and once I reach that I will lower it again. Before I got pregnant with my 1st, I was 188 pounds so I'd love to get around there or at least 200 :)
  • SuccessThisTime
    SuccessThisTime Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi all you tall, beautiful ladies! I also am 5'9". Like a lot of you I've fluctuated over the years and am currently at my max weight which is 185, down from 190 where I started a little over a month ago. I've always had this unrealistic number in my head to get back to which is 145. I say that because, I've been down to 160 which for me, is a size 9 and really is a good weight for me. I'm medium boned. So, I would say ...be realistic and to not set a goal so low that it's daunting. We have our height going for us, and we don't have to reach such a low number to compare to all those shorter gals out there. Of course, everyone should shoot for what makes you feel comfortable and for where you feel you look and feel your best.

I would be thrilled to get to 160 again! I'm mad at myself for gaining the weight (that I've lost many times!) back again!! I realize too that I have to love myself where I am at right now to be successful in where I want to go.

I'm rooting for all of you....success to us all!!
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    5'9 - current weight: 159ish
    goal weight: 150-155
    current size 13/15 goal size 11/13 or 9/11

BTW: I have seen this same exact post (asking about 5'9 goals) at least 3 times, so if you use the search tool you will see some older posts on this as well if you are interested.
  • lovinmysoldier
    lovinmysoldier Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9"-ish.

Highest was when I was pregnant which I don't think really counts but others have posted. It was 220#.
    Starting weight: 206.6
    CW: 160.2
    GW: 140-150 (I've never been there so Ill figure it out when I get there) I do have to say that of those I've seen that are similar height they seem to be in that range.
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hey all you tall ladies...

I'm 5'9" also. I started at 214, I'm currently at 166 and pretty toned. My original goal was 139 as that is what I was pre kids, but i've got a lot more muscle this time so I'm not sure that would be a good goal, that and a lady in my weight lifting class told me the other day that I'm getting too skinny and to not lose anymore weight. I'm in a comfortable size 8, but would like to be in a 6, so I'll keep doing what I'm doing and I'll maintain when I feel happy with my body!
  • Elkejames
    Elkejames Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and am 41 years old. I started MFP in Oct at 196 pounds. I am down to 175. I am losing slowly but it is a lifestyle change and I can see that my body is regaining it's former shape nicely so I'm hoping for that six pack and toned arms! My goal weight is 145, which will put me at 8/10 pants. I like being on the thinner side of the weight chart and at 145 I look good and feel good--or at least I did 10 years ago! I walk at least 2 miles a day and do some weights (I have a wrist injury and bad back/neck so I have to be careful). People have just started to notice my weight loss and I recently had to buy smaller jeans! I sold my "fat" jeans at a yard sale for a buck! lol It felt great! Popcorn and red wine are my treats so I don't feel deprived. I love that I can exercise more so I can eat more! It gives me some control in this weight loss journey. I can't wait to post my goal pics! In July maybe! Good luck to you all! I KNOW we can do it!

PS
    How fun to read about other tall ladies! =D
  • MelissaLZ
    Options
    I have never been able to get the "5 lbs for each extra inch, start at 100 for 5 feet" rule of thumb formula for IBW out of my head, so in a vacuum, my goal is 145. CW is 155. Have been as low as 137 and as high as 195. It is nice to see this thread because there is a lot of commonality and everyone seems to have reasonable goals within the healthy range for our height, which I understand to be approx. 130-170. There is plenty of room in that range for preference variations while still being healthy.

For what it is worth with respect to the size variations at similar weights, it could just be where you shop. I mostly buy 8s, some 6s and a rare 10, but I am shopping in the Misses Dept and stores like Ann Taylor, Brooks Brothers, etc. I have not shopped in a Juniors Department in 15+ years, but my guess is I would need a 9 based on my recollection of that stuff fitting smaller. So, my point is a Misses 6 and a Juniors 9 could well be the same. If I buy waist-size based jeans, I get a 28, which is my true waist measuerement. I'd really like to be at 26, which I think would correspond to the 10 pounds more I would like to lose.
  • Phant4sy
    Phant4sy Posts: 83
    Options
    I am 5'9!!! Lol. I weigh 207 lbs currently. 6 years ago I weighed around 135-140. I got married and had a big baby via c-section. I guess I just expected the weight to come off. I was wrong. Lol. I started the gym 3 days ago along with eating healthier.
  • Phant4sy
    Phant4sy Posts: 83
    Options
    How long ago were you 214 lbs?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!