Spaghetti Squash

Options
2»

Replies

• bbkohn
    bbkohn Posts: 29
    Options
    I basically live off of spaghetti squash! i love it sooooo much!
    I usually make myself a HUGE bowl for dinner and always feel SO full for only a few hundred calories. I usually steam some mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, a little corn, zucchini, bell peppers) and then, since i'm a vegetarian I add some Beef-less Ground Beef from Trader Joe's. I then mix in a cup of spaghetti squash add 1/4 a cup of low cal pasta sauce and melt some parm cheese on top. I think the whole HUGE bowl is only 300 calories and it sooooo beyond filling.
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
  • trolkeeper
    trolkeeper Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    i make a huge bowl and add i cant believe its not butter spray and sprinkle with a little cajun seasoning yummy!!!!!!
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Omg I almost had forgotten about spag. squash.. That stuff is ..............
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRoY7HMQPMgkdP5kCTOq7QDgIVq2cJ3JemUDt21TPRXdtiusk-bw
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My hubby nukes it in the microwave and serves it as a side vegetable to any meat or fish.
    I like to put a dollop of sour cream on it, may be some salt.
    I can eat it without any meat or fish, just by itself with some sour cream. Delish, and good for you!
    Having read all these ideas here, I think I will try it one day with some raisins and cinnamon.
  • lisao62
    lisao62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I just tried this recipe and it was delicious, http://www.cookincanuck.com/2010/02/spaghetti-squash-recipe-with-spinach/
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Toss with a little drizzele of olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts and goat cheese crumbles. Easy!
  • coffeegirl1998
    coffeegirl1998 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    yummmmmm
  • minimaggie
    minimaggie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Bump bump it up bump it up bump the jam...

(sorry...space jam reference...am I old?? I guess.) I have 3 @ home.
  • brismom070897
    brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • MariSchuitema
    Options
    bump
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    bump... I've been wanting to try spaghetti squash!
  • seventysix06
    seventysix06 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i just used it in eatingwell.com 's pad thai recipe. Substituted the rice noodles with the squash. It was amazing! Just add a bit lime and cilantro at the end--i don't think the recipe mentions those.
  • seventysix06
    seventysix06 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i just used it in eatingwell.com 's pad thai recipe. Substituted the rice noodles with the squash. It was amazing! Just add a bit lime and cilantro at the end--i don't think the recipe mentions those.
    Oh--i also substituted firm tofu for the shrimp that's noted in the recipe. I still loved it even though i'd long ago given up on tofu. I just cut it up into smaller pieces so as not to bite into big tofu hunks.
  • DIYmomma
    DIYmomma Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I use it for a healthy version of shrimp and pasta primavera. so yummy! but we also just eat it as a veggie or with Alfredo and chicken
  • evryoung4
    evryoung4 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Italian Turkey and Spaghetti Squash Pie
    1 medium spaghetti squash
    1/2 lb lean ground turkey
    1 small onion chopped
    1 medium garlic clove, minced
    29 oz.canned diced tomatoe, undrained
    1 tsp italian seasoning, dried
    6 oz fat-free ricotta cheese
    1 lg.egg (I use fat free egg beater)
    1/2 c. shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese

cook squash until tender in oven. cook turkey in nonstick skillet until brown, add garlic, onion, italian seasoning. add canned diced tomatoes and simmer till reduced. Place ricotta cheese and egg in food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
    Coat a 9 inch glass pie plate wit cooking spray. Remove squash form oven and increase temp to 375 degrees.
    Using fork rake stringy squash into pie plate. Arrange spagetti squash in bottom and up the sides of plate to form a crust.
    Add ricotta cheese mixture and pour it all over the squash. Pour the tomato-turkey sauce over cheese/squash mixture and sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for about 5 minutes before slicing into 6 pieces.
    Great tasting!