my typical day of food (please share yours!)

Options
2»

Replies

• hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    my goals are 110-115 current weight 118-120 height 5'4
    I am about 90% vegan 100% vegetarian lol
    My calories are set at 1250, I burn about 300-500 calories a day & eat back half.

I eat pretty much the same breakfast & lunch everyday:

morning- 1/2 cup old fashion oats with raisins, almonds, splenda, vanilla soy milk & a grapefruit
    or
    1 cup greek fage zero yogurt with strawberries/blueberrys/whatevers in season! & a grapefruit

Lunch- HUGE salad- Spinach, tomato, cucumbers, broccoli, peas, carrots, almonds, peppers, etc with a fat free/light dressing
    & a big bowl of steamed veggies (whatever I have in my fridge at the time, broccoli/cauliflower/asperagus

Dinner- I am in love with cooking now so its always different but my favorites currently are (all homemade!) :vegan 4 bean chili, spicy sweet potato soup, eggplant parm, zucchini parm, healthy cauliflower spaghetti w/ boca crumbles, etc...

I have a sweet tooth so 4-5 night out of the week I have 'after dark chocolate frozen yogurt' only 100 calories a 1/2 cup! with some almonds, fatfree whipped cream & a few marshmellows all under 200 cal!!!

Now I'm hungry..... lol
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    SW 175lbs
    CW 138lbs
    GW 129lbs
    calories: I don't count them but around 1200 I think, with spike days

NSD: (non spike day)
    BF non wheat cereal or fruit with yoghurt
    L small bowl of salad with fish or soup or a shake with carrots sticks/apple slices.
    D fish or lean white meat with salad or vegetables
    snack fruit or a ryvita

Spike Day
    BF scrambled eggs on toast , or bacon or turkey rashers sandwich or usual cereal
    L .. salad, or if didn't have toast/bread for breakfast maybe cheese on toast or beans on toast
    D jacket potato with homemade chilli, or homemade curry and rice or fish and chips or home made pizza (wheat free base: all bread mentioned is also wheat free)
    snacks treats bit of choccy, or crisps, or wheat free brownies or a pudding like rice pudding or rhubarb crumble (oats topping) , with custard, choc ice in summer... you get the picture!

I have stuff like carrot sticks, rice cakes, grapes to snack on anytime I want, couple of drinks of tea a day, water the rest and the occasional brandy & coke thrown in at weekend! Occasionally I do slim fast for a couple of days then spike day then another couple of days on slim fast, then body is never quite sure what to expect next.
  • dracc1989
    Options
    Height: 5'6"
    SW: 168
    CW: 147.8
    GW: 132
    My calories are set at 1310, before exercise, to lose a pound a week. I usually burn ~300-500 calories 3x a week and eat those calories back.
    Breakfast: Old fashioned oats with prunes, dried shredded coconut, and almonds, along with coffee+ 1% milk+ splenda.
    Or, low fat yogurt/Greek yogurt bowl, with added coconut, mixed nuts, unsweetened cocoa powder, and berries/fruit of some kind, with the coffee.
    Lunch: Salad from the salad bar at school, heavy on vegetables, with either grilled chicken or beans, dressed with vinegar and olive oil. I'll throw in some wasabi peas occasionally.
    Dinner: Usually a small portion of rice with some sort of curry (vegetables/beans/ and/or meat)
    Snacks: I have a huge sweet tooth, unfortunately, (seriously, my downfall in life), so I'll have fruit, with some kind of weight watchers baked good or ice cream treat. I've recently discovered dried seaweed snacks from Trader Joes, which are amazingly tasty and low-calorie to cure salt cravings. Popcorn is always good too, as are fiber 1 bars.

Currently working on trying to cut down sugar intake, because with the fruit/fiber one bars/dessert/etc, I always seem to go over my limit by about noon :/
  • scotster
    scotster Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there,Im 5ft 1 and now weigh 62kg.I usually eat brown toast for breakfast with a cup of tea.I work 12 hour shifts so lunch is at around 4pm and its usually chicken noodles (dry) water added for cooking then drained,tea and a peice of friut . Then home by 8pm and its usually a slice of toast or cereal.I play baddminton on tuesday nights (even after work)and do the gym occasionally.Im usually to tired to do any thing else.Early menopause brought weight gain.Ive only started this again after about a year.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    My food varies daily. Breakfast 5 days a week is cereal or oatmeal, one day is pancakes and another day is french toast. My morning snack is usually a protein shake with some fruit. Lunch onwards really varies, my diary is open to the public, so feel free to take a look. I eat a lot - a minimum of 2300 before exercise calories, and I try to eat them, even if I don't manage to get them in most days.
  • beauty_supreme
    Options
    hello people:)

SW: 145
    CW: 142
    GW: 110
    CALORIES: 1200

I used to eat reallllly bad but I'm changing that habit! Starting to eat healthier.. so here it goes.

Breakfast: I eat about a cup of yams (sweet potato) or steamed broccoli with olive oil, salt and pepper

When I go on my break at school, I eat a yoplait lowfat yogurt.

Lunch: I'll have a ham 6 in subway sandwich or a sandwich from ralphs.. wheat, roast beef with a lot of veggies! Sometimes I'll go buy el pollo loco..

Dinner: I'll eat yams.. or chicken without the skin and sometimes if my mom cooks or buys food i'll eat a little of that.. It's chinese food, so it can't be too healthy ://

I work out 3-4 times a week at the gym (I try to go more and more every week) and sometimes if I'm feeling lazy to get up and go, I'll do insanity warm ups only cause the whole thing is too intense for me >.<

At the gym, I'll do 25 mins on the elliptical, then stair master for 10 mins. then I'll work my arms and legs out on the machines, for like 10-15 mins

As you can see, I need some help with some healthy meal plans! I'm always down to cook something simple, I just don't know what. And I don't really wanna deprive myself from eating food in general, I know I'll probably end up getting sick and go back to my old eating habits. Oh & the reason why I eat a lot of yam is cause it has a great source of vitamins.. yum!
  • lanielee17
    Options
    i know this may sound annoying but i love your food choices and was wondering if you might be able to do a mock grocery shopping list for me and email it me. lol. just the things that you normally pick up to maintain this diet of yours. all except the fish..i can substitute chicken for that b/c i am not a seafood person. that would be wonderful if you could. im at marlena.myers@yahoo.com . you just have lots of good ideas.
  • kaseyAnne425
    Options
    i know this may sound annoying but i love your food choices and was wondering if you might be able to do a mock grocery shopping list for me and email it me. lol. just the things that you normally pick up to maintain this diet of yours. all except the fish..i can substitute chicken for that b/c i am not a seafood person. that would be wonderful if you could. im at marlena.myers@yahoo.com . you just have lots of good ideas.

Me?? Lol
  • cath_thegreat
    Options
    SW: 143
    CW: 140
    GW: 120
    CALORIES: 1500 (1200 net after exercise)

Breakfast: Banana for carb and potassium ASAP following workout with peanut butter, and coffee with cream and Splenda
    Snack: Raw almonds or a cheese stick
    Lunch: Tossed salad with lots of veggies, sunflower seeds, egg, tuna and dressing (I can't eat salad w/o dressing!)
    Snack: Protein bar
    Dinner: Any combination of protein and veg - try to avoid carbs as much as possible except after workout

Lots of herbal tea and water throughout the day to flush out toxins!
  • coloschick
    Options
    When you make your tuna salad, what kind of mayonaise do you use so that it is not too high in calories?