What pairs well with laughing cow cheese?

Options

Replies

• Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    A tip from one of my mfp friends was to put half a triangle on an oat cake and then put strawberry jam on top. Sounds weird but it tastes nice, a bit like cheesecake, and is currently my go to snack if I have a sweet craving.

For savoury, I like to chop a red bell pepper in half, put the cheese and some pine nuts in the hollow and roast it. Serve with balsamic vinegar. Yummy!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I take half a red pepper and spread it on there. The smoothness of the cheese pairs well with the crunchiness of the pepper. Delish!
  • maybethistime70
    Options
    I put it on my tilapia the other day....very yummy baked :)
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I toast a piece of whole wheat bread, spread LCC on it & top it with scrambled egg whites for a quick & yummy hot open faced sandwich in the mornings. :bigsmile:
  • gorguslyjealous
    gorguslyjealous Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    spread it on some celery!! LOVE IT!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    To answer the topic, everything.

I spread mine on english muffins, cut it up into salads, put it on sandwiches....
  • kayalrat
    kayalrat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A sweet potato stuffed with two wedges of garlic herb. Sounds crazy, but it is really good. I think I saw it in one of the Biggest Loser cookbooks a few years back. Highly recommend!
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    with my mexican dinner I used the LC Light Mozzarella with Sun Dried Tomatoes & Basil spread on toasted Flatout brand whole wheat flatbread. nice!
  • drmelvis
    drmelvis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Melted on an apple is a good breakfast or with little smokies
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I use it on everything :) I love cheese and this have been a good sub for me! I put it on my sandwiches, in recipes(chicken and salsa is my fav) on crackers, bagles, breakfast sandwiches, and sometimes.. just plain! There also good on reduced fat cheez-its! I even hot my husband hooked on it eith his ham and cheese sandwich. I like the Garlic and Herb the best!!!
  • Laurie9797
    Laurie9797 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Shredded Chicken, Franks Red Hot Sauce and Laughing Cow = Buffalo Chicken Sandwich :)
  • klmpianoman
    Options
    I put it on a small corn tortilla-- a low cal snack but watch out if you are tracking sodium-- those little wedges have a good dose of it!! But, what cheese doesn't ??? The tradeoff for being a cheese head!!
  • cvickie
    cvickie Posts: 11
    Options
    I use it on wheat thins, the Sundried Tomatoe ones and I also use it on Bagels instead of cream cheese.
  • ajh1014
    ajh1014 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I use it on a flat out wrap instead of mayo/cheese. Add some turkey, romaine and pickles and you have a yummy wrap!
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    3 laughing cow garlic herb wedges
    1/8cup milk
    6 cooked shrimp
    1cup pasta.

Put the milk and cheese in a bowl with lid in the microwave for 30secs . While it is hot out of the microwave blend well. Heat up your shrimp then mix all together
  • frogmommy
    frogmommy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Stuff it into mushrooms and broil!
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I like mine with triscuits, or wheat thins and a couple slices of salami or ham or turkey rolled up. Make a great low cal snack. I also like it melted on broccoli spears.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I love the mozzerella with sun dried tomato and basil. I have used it on ham salad, turkey, and roast beef sandwiches and I also like to eat it with the Kashi snack crackers.

I also have of a great recipe for stuffed mushrooms using it.... you get your mushrooms, cut the stems out and set aside. You finely chop the stems, some zuccini, some onion, and some garlic, mix them together and combine with 1-2 wedges of the cheese (softened). Then stuff your mushrooms, wrap in tin foil and bake at 375 for 20 minutes. I haven't tried it yet but my friend did and said it was fantastic.
  • Bruinsmama
    Bruinsmama Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I use it in place of cream cheese on a light bagel or light English muffin.