Options
    SAHW. :)
  • countinonme
    Options
    Parts clerk
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm the Assistant Marketing Director of a private-operating non-profit foundation that has venues relating to art, nature and history. I do all of the graphic design work, promotions, conferences, press releases and general elbow rubbing duties along with mass consumption of coffee and the smell of whiteboard marker :D
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I drive the bus b*tches!!
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Facilities manager and also do the following:

H&S
    PA
    Travel coordinator
    Security
    Finance officer
    Catering
    Dogsbody/nursemaid
    First Aid
    Fire Officer

And it a separate but adjoining role an IS/BC Auditor and Audit coordinator.

Repeat x1000 I love my job...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I manually *kitten* zoo animals for insemination purposes. It's a living.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Prison
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Right now I am a SAHM, but ordinarily, Funeral Director/Embalmer, Certified Nursing Assistant, and currently working on my Bachelors in Elementary Education.

Tell me more about the funeral director/embalmer.... that's always interested me!

What is it you want to know....lol

What are your responsibilities? Describe a typical day to me! :)

Hmmmm Typical day? There really isnt any such thing in the funeral home...lol. I always keep in mind that I NEVER KNOW what awaits me when I come in to work in the morning, could be anything! I make removals from ppls homes, hospitals, nursing homes, etc. I also do accounting, bookkeeping, talking to families, making all those pretty little cards you guys fight over at every service, cause there are never enough. I make rememberance DVDs, sell insurance, I am a notary, clean and inspect caskets when they come in, I also embalm people and dress them, do hair and make-up(when necessary) and put them in their caskets. I sometimes close the casket at the start of the service, or I move that big casket spray, so someone else can close it. I work with cemetery people to make sure tents are set up on time and "holes are dug" on time. I do A LOT. and when no one dies, I usually spend the day cleaning, ordering supplies and washing the cars to get ready for the next people who come in. But I'll tell ya, when people are in the anger stage of the grieving process, or tempers flare, it is NOT a job for the easily offended, or emotional types....people can be very vengeful and hateful at times. And it's usually over something stupid. I don't work at night, we have guys who make removals for us at night, so I never know what the day will be like til I hit the embalming room door and take a peek. Hope this answers some of your curiosities.:wink:
  • JoJoDoerr
    JoJoDoerr Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am a Real Estate agent and a Mary Kay rep. I also help with marketing and promoting my hubby (he is a working musician)
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    During the day- im a receptionist at a business centre and a personal assistant for about 10 of the companies we lease to.

In the evening- i have my own at home makeup and fashion consulting business.
  • ruggedBear
    ruggedBear Posts: 295
    Options
    recruiting.jpg

I herd cats too! Project/Dev manager in software.
  • twinoakbob
    twinoakbob Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Like the OP I work in a property management company. This makes me an evil Landlord. However, in my case it is a life long venture.

What do you do at your company? I say it's not lifelong for me because there is no room to move up. Unfortunately that is a deal breaker for me at some point.

Pretty much the same as you. Perhaps the biggest difference is I own a small portion of the company as well. We are a small company and there are only two of us that work here. Both employees are owners. Been in the business for 10+ years.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Human Resources Mgr/Consultant. Also manage a small water distribution system. Additional: Retired from Telecommunications as a business analyst and getting ready to retire again real soon!! ITS PARTY TIME>
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    substitute teacher.... teaching artist.... and artist..
    besides trying to be a mother to three and take care of the house....
  • atownsend84
    atownsend84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Nuclear Medicine Technologist. I inject patients with a radioactive isotope for diagnostic imaging.
  • Brandip714
    Options
    I am an LPN in a Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon's Office. It's such a rewarding job to be a part of helping disfigured people (because of trauma and cancer) regain their identity :)
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    recruiting.jpg

Payroll Manager for the recruitment industry... :yawn:
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I have a home base daycare of 12 kids. I have kids 10 weeks to age 5 right now. My daycare day starts at 6:30am and I'm done at 5:15pm. I also work part time for a management company. I manage a 17unit income base apartment complex. I'm the evil landlord that doesn't allow anyone to be more than a couple days late with rent!
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Nuclear Medicine Technologist. I inject patients with a radioactive isotope for diagnostic imaging.

Ooh now that sounds interesting!
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    This is fun to see what everyone does!

I work in content creation in the sales department of a major software corporation :)