Zumba questions

Options

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    love my zumba. in fact my instructor is a MFP member. i am the biggest in my class. and i just do the best i can. i also do zumba toning and a new class called werq. it's with the 80's and 90's music. nice workout. i have to be careful with my left arm and can't raise it or swing it. and i still go.

just do it. have a good time.
  • ConnieB1979
    ConnieB1979 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have the zumba for the wii, my sister and I do it together in my living room and LOVE it!!!!!! It was definitely worth the investment!
  • donnamorad
    donnamorad Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    GO FOR IT!!!! I am a Zumba instructor and all I can say is take the class and have fun. That is what Zumba is about. No one is watching you and there is no right way to do it. All that matters is you are moving and having a great time! It is a great calorie burner and overall workout. If you have any specific questions feel free to contact me any time. Also, remember that Zumba is about being consistent. It takes anywhere from 4 to 5 classes straight to get the moves down. Don't get frustrated...just keep doing it. Good luck!
  • donnamorad
    donnamorad Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I added Zumba and since I wear a HRM and know how many calories my body burns per minute am able to calculate that way.
  • aghack
    aghack Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    GO FOR IT!!!! I am a Zumba instructor and all I can say is take the class and have fun. That is what Zumba is about. No one is watching you and there is no right way to do it. All that matters is you are moving and having a great time! It is a great calorie burner and overall workout. If you have any specific questions feel free to contact me any time. Also, remember that Zumba is about being consistent. It takes anywhere from 4 to 5 classes straight to get the moves down. Don't get frustrated...just keep doing it. Good luck!

Thank you!
    I am excited to try it after all this great feedback :)
  • Thelala
    Thelala Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Is that a program that you buy for
    Wii? I have wii
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Oh yea! You should do it. I clearly have the rythm of a midwestern white girl and I am about 60 lbs overweight, but I go into class and I have a blast! I don't care what anyone else thinks. I leave there all sweaty and feel like I got a good work out. That is all that matters to me! It is fun!
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Oh yea! You should do it. I clearly have the rythm of a midwestern white girl and I am about 60 lbs overweight, but I go into class and I have a blast! I don't care what anyone else thinks. I leave there all sweaty and feel like I got a good work out. That is all that matters to me! It is fun!
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba on the Wii as well.. and went to a class I was the biggest one in there... I am 250... well 248 now and I couldn't QUITE keep up... but the instructor did do my best but most importantly HAVE FUN!

because if you are not having fun... you won't stick with it for long now will yah

and you learn some sexy like dance moves while at it LOL
    Good luck!
  • ftprntz40
    ftprntz40 Posts: 14
    Options
    I've always been put off any sort of exercise class as I was worried I wasn't 'move perfect'. I started Zumba Jan 2011, and got hooked! I even took part in a Zumba display! I love Zumba even though I don't nail all the moves - as the instructor says it doesn't matter - just keep moving! Try it you'll really like it and everyone will be just like you - a little self conscious but having fun!
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Like all of the others, I say try it and u will b hooked! I am an instructor and we love newbbies :).
    I suggest the front of the class so that u can c exactly how the instructor is moving. Trust me u will b glad that u went!
    And everyone is only worried about thenselves. HAPPY ZUMBA!
  • MsRoxyPepper
    MsRoxyPepper Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    you dont have to be small or coordinated to enjoy zumba, just keep moving and have fun. I do zumba on the wii. you can also try youtube. search for LarissaZumbaCO

here are some links to a FB friend of mine.

Born This Way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7l8iTEOQVg
    Zumba Party: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r8836iFh_k&feature=related
    Sunrise Beach Zumba: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQQvkDRQnpI&feature=related
  • MichelleB82
    Options
    I just started Zumba last week and loved it, its great fun and everyone is too busy trying to watch the instructor to be minding anyone else....I cant dance either but didnt even get time to think about it. Its a great workout and lots of fun , go and enjoy !
  • Tommygirl7423
    Options
    No one will laugh at you cause everyone is busy laughing at themselves! The one I go to, there are girls 8 to 80, everyone is there for the same reason, to have fun and get in shape. Do what you can, if there is something you have trouble coordinating, just keep moving your hips and your feet! Its fun!! There are about 150 people where I go and its fun to listen when everyone gets hyped! Go! Do it! You'll love it!
  • ataylo30
    ataylo30 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I teach Zumba, and trust me, most people don't do it well. We were not born knowing how to do things, especially things that make us move our hips so much! Just go out there and have fun! There have been times where I want to giggle at the people I teach, but that just makes me glad that they are there. I have found that the people who quit are the ones who are so worried about how they look that they can't just have fun. Never let fear keep you from doing things, that's why we are on here!!! DO IT!!!! andh ave FUN!
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba - it is so much fun it doesn't feel like exercising at all. And you'll be shaking your hips and booty, and having a fantastic workout! I just bought the Zumba Rush for the Kinect - am really loving it and it's the next best thing to having a Zumba instructor. I recognize a lot of the routines too, such as to the song Tigre. I work up a sweat just after several songs. Zumba Rush is great because you can not only dance to individual songs, but also pick from various short-, mid- or full-length classes.

No matter how you do it, let's all go out and Zumba! :)
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I just tried Zumba for the first time last night and it was AMAZING! I am not small at all - I'm a big girl and I was worried that I'd be going into this with girls that are 110 lbs ringing wet, but literally there are women there of all ages and all shapes and sizes and everyone who's said this is correct, NO ONE IS LOOKING AT YOU, everyone is looking at the instructor - if you are even thinking about trying it you just have to... nothing to lose and it's going to be the fasted 45 mins of your life - and best of all it's going to be a FUN workout where you're not looking at clock counting down the minutes to leave.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Just go and have fun.

its not a class for professional dancers... don't worry!! just do what you can do and enjoy yourself!
  • BrandyHeit
    Options
    Zumba is awesome! I am very overweight (like 50 pounds) and I love it. It doesn't feel like a workout and I've dropped 15 pounds doing it and MFP. I started Zumba at the end of January.

I sweat up a storm and get a fantastic workout. You work muscles you didn't even know existed! It's all about movement - I mess up still but it's all for fun and the sake of our health.
  • oma2012
    oma2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was scared at first about zumba,but I am so focused on the trainer that I dont see anybody around me.Also I am not looking in the mirror at zumba I would probably quit.I have been doing zumba on and off for a year I love it and you do get better at it. Give it a try.:smile: