all my sweets lovers: any tips on night time munching?

Options
at night - oh boy, am i addicted to sweets. I try super hard to clear my mind of thinking of chocolate, cookies, cake, etc but then that is all i can think about and i will not be happy until i get a piece! any advice on how to override this way of thinking?!

Replies

• BritishGirl84
    BritishGirl84 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can try Fat free pudding or some jello
  • AprilShore
    AprilShore Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I gave up sweets for Lent and it has been soooo hard! I also like sweets at night. For me, it is one of four things. 1)Eat a piece of fruit slowly. 2)Chew fruit flavored sugarless gum. 3)Get up and do crunches or something. 4) Use a tooth whitening strip. I know #4 sounds silly, but you have to leave them on for 30 minutes and your mouth feels so good after you won't want to eat anything. Hope this helps!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I had this problem until recently, and all I can say is that I took the way I thought about sweet things i.e. obsessively (jokes), no, I took the things I enjoyed about them - like the taste, and the texture, and the smell and then I "convinced" myself that I was actually craving fruit (and celery oddly enough) and just imagined that it was the smell of an orange, and the texture and the taste that I wanted.

Might sound weird, but it worked for me :)

I also found sucking bits of crackerbread helped (as it gets sweet when you leave it in your mouth)!
  • ged630
    ged630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have one or two big marshmellows. That does it for me.
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    at night - oh boy, am i addicted to sweets. I try super hard to clear my mind of thinking of chocolate, cookies, cake, etc but then that is all i can think about and i will not be happy until i get a piece! any advice on how to override this way of thinking?!

I recommend Ceral! even if its like reses puffs or something, Ceral has enough carbs to put you right to sleep!
  • latinabubbles
    Options
    I keep sugar free live savers around. Grab one when I really need it.
  • keependuring
    keependuring Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The best way to not have any is not to have any in the house. Then, a cup of unsweetened sweet tea such as chrysanthemum or licorice tea hits the sweet spot.
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Plan for it ahead of time. Figure out how big a snack you need - 40 cals, 250 cals - whatever it is, and plan for it. Log it at dinnertime so you know you have those calories available. Find options that satisfy your sweet tooth without it being a 500 calorie ice cream sundae - unless somehow you have those calories available and want to use them that way. I just bought Fudgsicles - only 40 calories! They are a great chocolate ice cream option. A Hershey Kiss can be a nice treat at 22 calories. Sugar free pudding is only 60 calories. The main thing is planning ahead and sticking to your pre-set limit!
  • dcampus
    dcampus Posts: 18
    Options
    Frozen grapes (amazing), raisins, low fat custard with bananas, a little pack of haribo.

Dont feel bad about allowing yourself sweets in the evening! Even at my lowest weight I made sure I had enough calories for some sweet treats in the evening!
  • redmichelle67
    redmichelle67 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like sugar free van ice cream with a green apple cut up in it and a little bit cinn....omg yummy
  • msiesha79
    Options
    OMG! I can so relate. What I have found to be helpful for me, is to find the 100 calorie verision of the snacks I love. I am addicted to oreos and chips ahoy cookies.. So I buy the 100 calorie version of those choices. Also, by Smart Ones desserts. You are provided with the a portion that is enough to satisfy your sweet tooth and calorie goal!! They are life savers. I have also started to love animal crackers. Man they are really delicious!! If you know you will like to eat sweets at night, then don't allow yourself to have any during the day. It must be a give and take. I won't snack during the day because I know towards 9PM I will want something sweet. To prevent from snacking during the day I chew gum or I drink 18 oz Crystal light Grape "Energize" to go. It helps supress my appetitie.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    try chewing gum or brush your teeth.
  • xXHeatherRaeXx
    xXHeatherRaeXx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I was able to find sugar-free strawberry glaze in the produce section of my grocery store. I dip strawberries or apple slices in it and it's SO good! It's just like eating strawberry pie without the guilt. :smile:
  • MsRoxyPepper
    MsRoxyPepper Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I was using the 100 cal packs of caramel corn, mini choc cookies. etc. but thats really not the best choice. I had a handful of sliced strawberries last night. that worked well. hubby has been doing berries with yogurt for a little more indulgence.
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Sweet Freedom Ice cream bars....100 calories each or Skinny Cow Desserts about 140 calories each. I LOVE ice cream and fidn that one of these curbs my sweet appetite.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    my treat is a philly swirls popcicle. they have one kind with no sugar and only 14 calories and they are pretty good and curb that craving for me
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I got some sweet herbal tea instead. My fav is hot cinnamon spice tea. If you're not a cinnamon fan, find one you like. I just find that this works better. For me, if I eat a little I want a lot when it comes to sweets. But tea takes much longer to enjoy and tends to fix the craving for me.
  • dolphin8075
    Options
    I love sweets also and for some reason have no problems not eating them throughout the day. Then at night it is the worst. I wonder why that is? lol.....I like the 100 calorie healthy pop popcorn in kettle corn flavor. It is sweet with a little salty & only 100 calories. Or I will have a sugar free fudge pop.
  • mjj6774
    mjj6774 Posts: 3
    Options
    I use dry cereal. put a little in a baggie with a few grapes and yum. fills that need for "crunch" and "sweet". I use the Rice chex and mix it with like honey flakes or something like that.
  • ryanbullock
    Options
    The juice from 4 limes, 3 - 4 packets of Splenda, and 16 - 22 ounces of water. It makes an amazing lime-ade. I try to drink one a day.