What are some EASY recipes involving mushrooms?

Replies

• rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Portobello Mushroom Cheese Pizza

img21392.jpg

+1

Came here to add this recipe - these are AWESOME!
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    bump :smile:
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    I'd suggest after sautéing to wilt some spinach and toss it all with some pasta. A smidgen of shredded parm on top. Yum!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    mushroom stroganoff with shallots, cream (or creme fraiche for those who fear the fat content) and either brandy or a little wine and lots of paprika over wild rice. Yum.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    evoo, sautee a couple sliced portobellos with a sliced red bell pepper, a little garlic and black pepper to taste then toss in a couple spoonfulls of tomato sauce and you have an awesome earthy savory sauce that can make an entire meal without the pasta. Though, I love it on pasta.

veggie burgers are awesome with a mushroom on top. sautee a whole portobello cap in a pan with a little evoo, then sautee your veggie burger, put the mushroom on top of the burger, add a slice of cheese or not then cover and let the mushroom steam for a minute or two to soften it up.. another of my favorites.

I'm not too fond of them raw.
  • *bumping for ideas*
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Portobello Mushroom Cheese Pizza

Calories: 85 Carbs: 7 Fiber: 2 Fat: 5 Sugar: 4 Protein: 6 Sodium: 151
    Makes 2 servings (its 85 cals per serving)

Ingredients
    4 Tbsp - No Salt Added Tomato Sauce
    4 tsp (10g) - Kraft Parmesan Cheese
    4 Tbsp - Shredded Cheese (I used walmarts Fiesta Blend)
    2 Portobello mushroom Caps

Directions

1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
    2) Cut out mushroom stem and ribs with spoon. Don't throw away, save to the side.
    3) Bake for 10 minutes, remove and drain juice. ( draining the juice and even blotting with a paper towel helps them from being watery)
    4) Chop up stems & ribs. Put 2 Tbsp of sauce in each mushroom, then top with stems/ribs, 2 tbsp shredded cheese, and tsp Parmesan cheese.
    5) Bake in oven additional 15 minutes.

* Let sit for a minute then eat.

May seem like a lot of directions, but these are actually really really easy to make, I'm not the greatest cook either, but I've been experimenting a lot over the last year on MFP and have gotten better. This was one of the first foods I would make for dinner. :)

I MUST make these this week!
  • woman1961
    woman1961 Posts: 23
    u can make a stir fry of mushrooms peppers and onions and whatever kind of lean meat u like its very filling and low in calories
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    I came across a relatively easy mushroom and black bean tortilla casserole and made it last Friday. It is a martha Stewart recipe and it uses a lot of cheese, but you can cut out most of the cheese. It turned out pretty good. I added onions in with the mushrooms, some cumin and used a whole jar of salsa and had two layers of the mushroom/beans, tortillas, salsa and cheese. Here is the link:
    http://www.marthastewart.com/335199/mushroom-and-black-bean-tortilla-cassero
  • ruggedBear
    ruggedBear Posts: 295
    I just had the best white pizza! Grilled garlic chicken, sauteed shiitake mushrooms and fresh arugula with goat cheese. Hmmmmmmmm.
  • Mushrooms...yummy. Mushrooms with steak, salad, cabbage rolls, soups, omelets, a lot of things. Also, depends on the type of mushroom.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    I buy big portabello mushrooms and just grill them with some italian or spicy herbs on top. They are great with some egg or chicken and rice.
  • SlvrLyssa
    SlvrLyssa Posts: 41 Member
    Mushrooms are yummy in just about everything. We just started getting portobello mushrooms & they seem to be more meaty & hold up really well no matter how you cook them.

I like to make bake them (big or little ones) cover them with olive oil, white pepper, garlic powered, balsamic vinegar & cheese. If you have the big ones cut out the stems & save them for something else or mix them with crumbs & cheese, & maybe some sausage & put them back in the center. Bake at $350 for about 10-15 mins.
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Stuffed Portabello Mushroom Recipe:

For each portabello mushroom cap, saute' 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach in a pan sprayed with PAM. Mix 1/4 cup 2% shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/2 TBSP dry, grated parmesan cheese & 1/8 cup plain greek yogurt in a bowl. When spinach is wilted, add mixed ingredients to pan & cheese will melt a little. Fill mushroom cap with mixture & bake on PAM sprayed cookie sheet for 20 min at 350 degrees. Yummy! You can season it up any way you'd like. I think I'll sprinkle some fresh crushed garlic clove on top next time. Only around 120 cals & 16 gm of protein. A great appetizer, side dish, snack or meal if you make more than one. Enjoy!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Mushrooms on toast. Cook the mushrooms in a bit of oil, toast some bread, put the mushrooms on top and add some shredded cheese.
  • charcharbec
    charcharbec Posts: 253 Member
    i use mushroom caps as burgers... you just heat them up on the stove until tender and then place them either on a bun or i prefer them open faced with spinach and ketchup and mustard.
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    oil + mushrooms + garlic + salt + pepper.

yum.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    bump
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
    Open trash can lid.
    Insert mushrooms.
    Avoid eating Athlete's Foot's glorified cousin.

**shudder**
  • RedFeffer
    RedFeffer Posts: 25 Member
    Throw some chopped mushrooms in a pan and cook them with a bit of water sprinkled on them... then add eggs and Mrs. Dash! TAADAA! Instant omelette. Of course, you can throw in any amount and variety of veggies along with it. Done in 7 mins or less!