This ENDS my fast food cravings!

Options

Replies

• kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I eat haggis. Guts!!! So yummy!
    I eat sausages! It contains a lot of scrap stuff!

I also eat heats and livers....still guts!!

It's just minced up. Yeah maybe they add a lot of other stuff like preservatives etc,but just cos they add "everything" doesnt mean it's disgusting.
  • katy4399
    katy4399 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    That is gross, but if I want McDs i'll go. I saw "Supersize Me" and went to McD's right after.

That made me laugh out loud!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Hahaha... it does mine and my husbands too... we no longer eat chicken nuggets... at least not the mashed up kind like what McDonald's, Wendy's and Burger King have... and my husband curses me everytime... *lol* Score 1 for me... :wink:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Hahaha... it does mine and my husbands too... we no longer eat chicken nuggets... at least not the mashed up kind like what McDonald's, Wendy's and Burger King have... and my husband curses me everytime... *lol* Score 1 for me... :wink:
    Score 1 for being uninformed. :drinker:
  • cdez80421
    cdez80421 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    FDA doesn't give a ____ about the consumers, its all about money & politics, watch Food Inc, you just might change how you think.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending McDonald's, but this image is not what the description states.

Hoax:

http://www.thatsnonsense.com/view.php?id=1478&keywords=McDonalds Chicken McNuggets Mechanically Separated Chicken Photo

Even if the picture isn't what it looks like, I have watched SuperSize Me, and the describe the SAME thing. Old chickens are mashed up, beaks/eyes, guts, feet, everything!! And then used to make nuggets. NASTY!

Just to let you all know, whether that pic is a hoax or not, msm's are used in pretty much any and everything... not just McDonalds... next time you pick up some processed meat items from the grocery store, check out the ingredients. If they list MSM or MSMP it's the same thing! (and that's mechanically separated meats or mechanically separated meat products)
    Any and everything eh...right. Alarmism is funny.

If you continue reading, I clearly state "if they list MSM or MSMP..." (which admittedly is a typo, should be MSP)...

Take THAT, nay-sayer, take THAT!
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Things like this reconfirms my vegetarianism.......

I'm not going to bash vegetarians on here, they're people too, but I don't think it's fair to compare this to living an omnivorous lifestyle. :P
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending McDonald's, but this image is not what the description states.

Hoax:

http://www.thatsnonsense.com/view.php?id=1478&keywords=McDonalds Chicken McNuggets Mechanically Separated Chicken Photo

Even if the picture isn't what it looks like, I have watched SuperSize Me, and the describe the SAME thing. Old chickens are mashed up, beaks/eyes, guts, feet, everything!! And then used to make nuggets. NASTY!

Just to let you all know, whether that pic is a hoax or not, msm's are used in pretty much any and everything... not just McDonalds... next time you pick up some processed meat items from the grocery store, check out the ingredients. If they list MSM or MSMP it's the same thing! (and that's mechanically separated meats or mechanically separated meat products)
    Any and everything eh...right. Alarmism is funny.

If you continue reading, I clearly state "if they list MSM or MSMP..." (which admittedly is a typo, should be MSP)...

Take THAT, nay-sayer, take THAT!
    Ok then...thanks Captain Obvious?
  • jrojeck
    jrojeck Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just tell yourselves that you're all classier than McDonald's or Taco Bell. Your bodies deserve better than the pre-digested garbage that those places hand you through the window.

Except for In-N-Out...
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

Mine too.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    ***k, now I want chicken nuggets
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options
    Search the forums. There were at least 2 other threads that have this topic. It is being beat into the ground.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Didn't we just do this?
    Far too many times. Not to mention that for any item people want to fear, there is a 'documentary' on the subject to enforce the unfounded feelings of fear.

Because eating a 5,000 calorie a day diet of any food will cause you to gain weight and not just fast food.
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I eat haggis. Guts!!! So yummy!
    I eat sausages! It contains a lot of scrap stuff!

I also eat heats and livers....still guts!!

It's just minced up. Yeah maybe they add a lot of other stuff like preservatives etc,but just cos they add "everything" doesnt mean it's disgusting.

YEP! The act of mincing various parts of an animal is not the problem. The problem stems from the preservatives and chemicals that are being used. Not to mention the quality of the meat in its original state. Cultures have been eating ALL parts of the animal for-damn-near-ever. It's elitist of us to think that it's beneath us simply because we have a Whole Foods down the street. </soapbox>
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options
    Didn't we just do this?

YES!!!
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    FDA doesn't give a ____ about the consumers, its all about money & politics, watch Food Inc, you just might change how you think.

Agree with this as well... This is one of those "friend of a friend" stories, but I know someone who knows someone whose mom works for the FDA, and she told me how the lady was forced to approve something because it had a lot of "commercial backing" (ie. they were paid to say it was fda approved)... We were talking about those birth control pills that give you your period 3 or 4 times a year* when she told me that, but I'm sure it's safe to say this goes across the board. Either way, don't use only 1 source for your info!
  • jamesblood13
    jamesblood13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    i also find it a little disconcerting that it's being packaged straight into a cardboard box...
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options

Nothing like a little confirmation bias on a Monday! Now where can I get some chicken nuggets? Damn, I ate them yesterday :smokin:
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I sad.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReZMX8ce1TQPnpkOOxfA-zUP4N2nux001YLOUsVInAjychLp37iQ
    Fast food iz mah BFF.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/food_quality/see_what_we_are_made_of/your_questions_answered/meats.html

McDonald's chicken tastes so much different since all this scandalous stuff came about ... you can tell they use real(er) chicken than before. Click the link above. Same goes for Taco Bell ... they're beef doesn't taste as good anymore now that they removed the sand, lol