jillian Michaels 30 Day shred question....

Options
2»

Replies

• Vurbach
    Vurbach Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I use my MIO HRM, which includes the wrist and chest monitor, and for each level I burned between 200-240 calories.
    I entered my own exercise for each level & day I was on and added it in manually.
    Jillian is amazing!

(edited to add more info about my HRM)
  • heavenlyhazel
    heavenlyhazel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    How bad is that workout on the knees? Also, does a HRM do the same thing as a FitBit? Or, do you need both? If so, why? Thanks! Just trying to figure out what I should be getting!
  • rebysue
    rebysue Posts: 136
    Options
    When I use my HRM, I burn about the same amount of calories that MFP calculates under circuit training. I'm usually around 200 for level I, 220 for level II and 200 for level III.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    If you find yourself wanting to mute her voice, don't be alarmed it's completely natural :laugh:
  • Richdogg38
    Richdogg38 Posts: 152
    Options
    Can you find HRM's at Walmart?
    Yes, I bought the SX Elite for under $50. Not too bad.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    My HRM says I burn anywhere from 175-250 per session. Depends on how hard I'm working that day. My husband burns more than me doing the same thing b/c he is taller and weighs 60 lbs more than me. It is very individual depending on your height, weight, fitness level, and effort.
  • DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have a Heart rate monitor and I average 125-160 for my 5'3 build, depending on hard I push myself. and I list it under circuit training. :) MFP states a higher calorie burn, then my HRM.
  • DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    If you find yourself wanting to mute her voice, don't be alarmed it's completely natural :laugh:

This! :laugh:
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM, everyone will be different, you won't burn what the next person does.......I personally burn alot doing it, way more than other people have said, why, no clue, lol........
  • pd_miller
    pd_miller Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    where did everyone get their's and do you like it?
  • AJs_Journey
    Options
    TY all, i will look at getting one at the end of the week. For now i will just point it as what is says on here.
    I will likely start with her muted and just my music on. :laugh:
  • StephC74
    StephC74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I got my 30DS at Target for $10 and its kind of a love/hate situation :) I log it as circuit training and I work my butt off doing it so I think the calories burned are pretty acurate for me. I am staying within my calorie goals and losing weight so it can't be too far off.
  • hopingslim
    hopingslim Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started it today and kinda modified it so I could keep up.. and my thighs are killing me right now. Hopefully will be better tomorrow.
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    circut training..

UNLESS you have your own heart rate mon.

then you can add it yourself. and make it accurate to what you actually burn.

GOOD LUCK! and have fun - it's a great work out
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Log it as circuit training. 20 mins (I dont count the warm up or cool down) Have fun with it! It's great