6 months into strenght training

Options

Replies

• PhoenixBlaise
    PhoenixBlaise Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow that's an amazing difference!!! You look fantastic!

I'm starting weight training tomorrow as I can't do much cardio (and don't like it) because of a chronic injury. Thanks for showing me it works!
  • WalkWoman
    WalkWoman Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing. My scales have not budged for 3 weeks:( but my clothes are looser and my body tighter tx to weights. I've not really done them properly though. Have only reviewed NRLFW but after seeing your picsI am going to buy. Well done. You look so healthy.
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am impressed!!! That's awesome! I started officially really making a LIFESTYLE change in January. My February goal was to incorporate strength training, which I did so I do that on MWF. But I'm still a newbie and still just learning the machines and looking into adding free weights. I am 5'1 and I weight 186-200 lbs (depending on the scale! ... I'll say 200 lbs!) I have my calories at 1300 and that's going up from 1200 which MFP says I need but I guess I need to rethink. I have been losing anywhere from 2 lbs - 4 lbs per week but I want to make sure I am eating the correct amount of calories. I need to do some more research.

Your pictures are AWESOME! You are definitely an inspiration!!!
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Love this post! Love you progress photos! Great, awesome job! Way to go! And Congrats! ...and 1 more wow -6 kids-wow, just wow!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    eh!!! my tread got bumped LOL

Thank you everyone
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your amazing results! I am just starting to look into the strength training and ordered the New Rules book. I am hoping to have good results too. I am only 6 pounds from my goal weight, but feel so jiggly. Thinking the weights will do it. Thank you for posting.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Wow. You are amazing, both in your weight loss/fitness journey and being surrogate mom for the 4 pregnancies. You are truly an inspiration.
  • kelbro1
    kelbro1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. I bought the book! Thanks for sharing!
  • bekki0927
    bekki0927 Posts: 57
    Options
    now this is my goal. i'm 136 right now 5'4" and i am not looking to drop as many lbs as possible...I want to be strong and lean definitely inspiration!!!!!
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    You look amazing. Thanks for sharing your story. You give me great hope that I can look as good as you some day.
  • DizsJourney
    DizsJourney Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    bump - thanks for sharing
  • Butterfly3730
    Options
    You are an INSPIRATION! Congrats on your wonderful transformation! I have that book, it is a great and informative.
  • maxiechild
    maxiechild Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump..awesome!
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congrats on your accomplishments and thanks for sharing and for the inspiration...just what many of us needed.
  • Woolooloo
    Woolooloo Posts: 82
    Options
    A great testimonial to the power of strength of training for women, and how it isn't all about what the scale says!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Bumping this...you are an incredible example!! Definite respect :).
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    What's great here is that you only lost 4lbs, but it looks like you've lost 20lbs. Goes to show that the scale isn't the best indicator of achieving success.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • dmbranch
    dmbranch Posts: 4
    Options
    That's awesome! I just started lifting a few weeks ago because I've been stalled with my weight loss and focused on cardio. So encouraging!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    you look amazing, great job! cant wait to get there myself
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    you look freaking amazing, girl!! congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!