starting C25K tomorrow! =)

Options

Replies

• mae1020
    mae1020 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have a 5K in May and i'm starting the training tomorrow. I need to go find the free app. Sounds great. Feel free to add me.
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Just got in from w1d2, hurrah! My right knee feels like it wants to have a paddy at me, so tomorrow rather than doing my 30-45 minutes wii cardio, I might just allow myself a rest day so I'm ready to hit day 3 with success!
  • rlittle2
    rlittle2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yay! W1D3 is done! Bring on W2 on Sunday!!
  • kaned_ferret
    Options
    I'm hitting week 2 on monday, ready to hit it hard!
  • lissrn
    lissrn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Completed week 1. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Feel like I actually get a better workout then when I got myself up to 3/4 of a mile. I have also increased my speed so maybe that is why. Good luck everyone on week 2.
  • BrilliantSugar
    Options
    I'm starting this next week, and I'm not gonna lie, I pretty worried about how unfit I am, I could walk for hours but if I ran to my front gate I'd have to stop! Has anybody had the same worries starting and how did it go once you did start??
  • kaned_ferret
    Options
    I'm starting this next week, and I'm not gonna lie, I pretty worried about how unfit I am, I could walk for hours but if I ran to my front gate I'd have to stop! Has anybody had the same worries starting and how did it go once you did start??

Yep this is exactly me, I've got dogs so can walk for hours without worry - 10 yards of running killed me! but this programme is just for people like us imo - you don't run flat out, you just do a light jog - barely more than fast walking, basically, enough speed that you have to change from walk to jog, but only just - and it does get easier.

Everytime I do a c25k session, I find that the first "run" section feels like I'm going to keel over, but every other one after that actually gets easier, so just bear that in mind!
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah! I didn't realize there was an app. I'm so there. Thanks!!!
  • ummmsorrybutno
    ummmsorrybutno Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    missed a day due to weather... but w1d2 2.37 miles... so up just a little.
  • Mrsairforce
    Mrsairforce Posts: 130
    Options
    I'm starting on Monday. Sooo nervous! I can barely run 5 minutes without yelling at my husband "Why are you torturing me and how could I let you talk me into this??" Hahah every time!
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I started C25K last week using the RecordBeater app. It comes with its own music, however, depending on the bpm, it can be a bit limited. Doesn't matter to me as long as I have music! :smile: I'm enjoying it so far.
  • kaned_ferret
    Options
    Keeping up with it and did week 2 day 1 today! It was so hard, I had to wear a jumper and full waterproofs, and run against the wind, such is the weather where I am at the minute!

I'm getting quite a bit of pain in my poor shins whilst running, and in my knees once I've stopped. I'm hoping this will improve without me having to rest it up, this is already the second time I've started this programme and I can't stop and start over yet again!
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Did w2d1 today, and i had a Nsv....my pants kept falling down, and i coulda swore i wore them at least once last week without any problems! Woohoo! It wasnt so bad, at first i was like What!!! I got this, then it got harder and harder, but i did it! Woohoo!
  • WinDill
    WinDill Posts: 1
    Options
    I have NEVER been a runner... never thought I could get past 30secs... now I am working on running for 6mins consecutively... I am finally seeing results... not a ton of lbs lost moreso inches... although I stepped it up with my food so I'm hoping the pounds start to leave as well... it is such a high to run... it's HARD but when you're done you feel absolutely awesome!! If you're tired, it's a Good tired! If you're sore, it's a good sore... So good luck, remember slow and steady wins the race... be patient with yourself... It usually takes someone 3-6mos to run a 5k if they've never run before... :happy:
  • rlittle2
    rlittle2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Completed W2D1 today. I felt great! Even added an extra 5 minutes before the cooldown! Bring on W2D2!!
  • frogman4591
    frogman4591 Posts: 135
    Options
    Completed Week 8, Day 1 today. Just follow the program and your endurance and calorie burn will increase.
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    The scale moved down!! Woohoo, ive been excersing like crazy with jillian michaels and bike riding, and nothing! Well inches i am sure but frustrating, then added c25k last week, and i already see results! My muffin tops went down and i lost a pound, after a two month plateau! Woohoo! Cant wait till tomorrow, jogging time again!
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I just finished W4D1...it was a huge leap from week 3 but I managed to finish it. I love podcasts! It's amazing how much progress you make every week.
  • kaned_ferret
    Options
    Gonna be doing wk 3 d1 later tonight, is everyone still on course with the challenge?
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I don't think I found that I lost any weight directly. When I am running I'm not eating, when I have a run day I'm must less likely to binge.
    I think I have massive amounts of endurance from c25k.

Here are some reasons NOT to do it.

Your going to want to buy new running shoes, then want real running shoes.
    Your going to start actually caring about your socks
    You will want an HRM
    If you have GPS your going to get obsessive about tracking how far you actually went.
    Those 5k races, they usually start early in the morning, no sleeping in on those days.
    When you finally do a race, your going to realize just how f-en slow you are, which is going to make you start to freak out, and do interval training.
    You will start thinking about the half marathon