Favorite foods that help you stick to your calorie goal...

Options

Replies

• Tajdancer
    Tajdancer Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Mission Carb Balance tortillas, cut into quarters then baked until crisp. Spread a quarter with a tablespoon of hummus. Or mashed avocado and salsa.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    One cup of berries, one cup of milk and a tsp of sugar. Yum!!!

Omg! Love goin berry pickin in the summer just to bring home some fresh berries to do this!!!
  • gogidget
    gogidget Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Homemade Kale Chips - yummy!
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Green smoothies!

I make mine with Chobani, frozen strawberries, and a big hanfdul of spinach. Yummmm.

I love green smoothies too!!!! also discovered kale chips
  • NicNab
    NicNab Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    For a dinner option, I love this South Beach recipe: portabella caps with pine nuts, goat cheese, and marinara sauce...umm..it is a great change up from chicken, and low carb...
  • lcteaches
    lcteaches Posts: 13
    Options
    I carry a ziploc bag of chocolate cheerios and peanut butter cheerios - 1 cup is about 150 calories and satisfies my sweet tooth (usually!)
  • NicNab
    NicNab Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It sounds weird, but 'The Chew' had this recipe for 'tuna sweet potatoes'. They were awesome. You can find it on the show's website....(even my husband like it!)
  • miss_september
    Options
    Lots of great ideas everyone, thanks! I'll add that I like pretzel sticks (watch sodium if that is a concern), Sensible Portions garden veggie crisps (110 calories for 16, taste awesome!) and they go well with Skotidakis jalapeno greek yogurt dip, and the Kirkland freeze-dried fuji apples and bananas with strawberries. I also like 90 calorie granola bars when I have a sweet tooth.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Cottage cheese!

I love 1/2 cup after a good workout for protein or with honey and fruit for a nice desert.

Baby carrots, celery, cucumber for when I need a crunch.

Fruit for something sweet.

Light string cheese is a quick filling snack for only 60 calories.
  • Sackit
    Sackit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I carry a ziploc bag of chocolate cheerios and peanut butter cheerios - 1 cup is about 150 calories and satisfies my sweet tooth (usually!)

I am with you on the PB Cheerios and it has a large amount of Iron.
  • samanthajshep
    samanthajshep Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Love all of the new ideas!

I also like the starkist ready made tuna salad packets...
    I love cherry tomatoes-especially orange ones, but I like them in season, when they are sweet...I think the winter ones at the grocery store are gross :)
    PB2 mixed with a little cool whip free is a great sweet tooth treat, reminds me of the inside of a Reese cup
    I also LOVE frozen grapes...they cure a sweet craving, and since they are cold, it doesn't seem to take as many to feel full
    Special k multigrain crackers and laughing cow cheese
    Aunt Millie's light potato bread
    Vandekamp Parchment grilled tilapia fillets
    Dulce De Leche cheerios
    Eggbeaters omelets with mushrooms, onions, and peppers
    Boneless skinless chicken marinated in fat free Italian dressing
    Air popped popcorn with Kernal Seasons flavoring in Chili Lime or Nacho Cheddar
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened almond milk with cereal. I have become seriously addicted.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Target brand Archer Farm's real fruit strips. 45 calories each, and taste like a treat!

Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches (140 cals each and taste decadent)

Greek Yogurt (I used the vanilla as a fruit dip and it was excellent! I've also mixed some hidden valley ranch mix into plain greek yogurt for a healthy and filling veggie dip!)

Apples and Bananas

Fiber One Brownies

Yogurt ranch dressing (try brands like Litehouse, or Marie's) which are about 60ish cals for two tablespoons, but taste amazing on a salad with some low fat cheese!
  • veromancha
    veromancha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Try the old fashion oats, they take a little longer to cook but there less processed :)
  • ashleynicol3
    ashleynicol3 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Fiber One 90 Calorie Brownies > everythinggg LOL! They're SO good. They taste like a real brownie, the fiber is good for you & they're only 90 calories! I also recently discovered 100 Calorie Right Bites. I like the fudge grahams or the chocolate covered pretzels. I LOVE chocolate & it's nice to have it in a 100 calorie package so I don't go overboard. Finally, trail mix - especially Planters. 150 calories for 3 tbsp of nut & chocolate trail mix. The nuts are good for you & the chocolate is yummy!

Something non-chocolate = hummus. I'd never had it before & now I LOVE it. I've only ever had the roasted red pepper kind, but it's yummy & it's made out of chickpeas, so it's healthy & only 70 calories for 2 tbsp.
  • jadamuriel76
    jadamuriel76 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Mountain Mix Trail Mix (Wal-Mart), Cheedar Cheese Cubes and Saltines, and Apples.
  • ashleynicol3
    ashleynicol3 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened almond milk with cereal. I have become seriously addicted.

I need to try almond milk with my cereal! I've never had it before.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Roasted salt and vinegar chickpeas
    Blue Diamond's Haberno BBQ almonds: they have to be eaten with care, you can't just keep mindlessly going.
    Soup
    Unsweetened chocolate almond milk or Unsweetened Flax Milk & Cocoa Powder, both with stevia added in
  • Hola723
    Hola723 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

Genius!

I love Crystal Light and Ocean Spray packets, Greek yogurt, Quaker mini rice cakes in sweet chili or ranch, apples, turkey burgers, turkey meatballs, Sandwich Thins, Skinny Cow truffle ice cream bars, hummus with carrot sticks, and Fiber Plus bars.
  • tyroneadams
    Options
    Bump