Shower Before or After?

Options

Replies

• danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5a to be out the door/on the road by 510 and in ranks at bootcamp by 530a. no time in the morning for anything other than getting dressed and a glass of juice, but before that when i had all the time in the world in the morning before my workout, i would have a quick cool rinse to wake me up. full shower with soap etc afterwards
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I always shower first thing in the morning, but if I'm not going into the office and am working out at home, then I wait till after my workout If I workout on my lunch break, then I will take another one after.
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    I rinse off after clinicals and will continue to when working. I save the real shower until after my workout tho as wasteful as that is.
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    Nope... Only After... : ))
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I shower after my run and before my Tae Kwon Do. If I didn't, my stretch partner might die of the stench. (I of course shower after TKD too.)
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    I don't see the point unless you are really smelly and need it. My husband will come home from work and then shower before working out but he does manual labor all day so he smells after work. Then he'll shower right after working out as well. Usually I shower after my workouts.
  • eatherhey
    eatherhey Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Maybe taking a shower before loosens him up a bit? I prefer after, it feels like much more of an accomplishment to have completed my workout to reward it with a long hot shower. But then again I exercise at home, so there's no concern as to whether my unwashed self will offend.
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I workout in the evening, shower after, and straight into my pjs.
  • Antigone
    Antigone Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    After! We work out, eat dinner then shower.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Depends on the workout. I shower before if I'm going to be working grappling at my dojo or going swimming, but that's just because it's polite to others. If all I'm doing is lifting or non aquatic cardio, I'll wait until after to shower.

In all cases I have to shower after working out. Not showering after working out is a virtual impossibility, my fiancee wouldn't let me get in bed smelling like that.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Its actually hard for me to workout after I showered, because I just think to my self, I just got cleaned, now Im getting all sweaty?
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    AFTER all the way! I have gotten up on a Saturday morning with last nights make up on and just remove it, put my hair up in a pony tail and go for my run.. why would I shower before AND after?
  • burg1801
    burg1801 Posts: 124
    Options
    I always shower before. I have a phobia about going into the gym smelling ripe.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I shower when I get up and after gyming. If this means I shower twice within a few hours, so be it.

This is me. The only time I didn't shower first was this past Sunday because I got up and walked the dogs for a couple of miles and then came home, changed and went to the gym. I felt so stinky afterwards that I knew I would never do that one again. Normally I shower in the morning and then workout at the gym after work, then come home and shower again.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I don't see the point in taking a shower before!

Ditto! What's the point of showering before you're going to get all nasty sweaty from working out?
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I've done all of them. I prefer after obviously..but the people saying you're more motivated if you do it before are also correct in my eyes. I definitely notice if I take a hot shower before cycling to work that I'm much, much faster and more awake and ready to go for it. Don't know if this would be the case in the afternoon but I've got up at 11am, felt like crap and not wanted to run..showered and been out within 10 mins because I felt so much better, guess it just depends on the situation.

I also have both if I have to shave as well haha!
  • Samanthasteinagle26
    Samanthasteinagle26 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I shower before & after just because I'm in zombie mode before a shower. After the shower I'm wide awake.
  • RH_Brazell
    RH_Brazell Posts: 339
    Options
    I always shower after
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I shower before & after just because I'm in zombie mode before a shower. After the shower I'm wide awake.

Sums up what I was trying to say! Even if it's midday.. I just don't wake up properly til I'm showered.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    If I'm working out in the morning I'll wait until afterwards, but if it's a later workout I'll shower in the morning as usual and again later, even if it's only a couple of hours later at lunch time.

^ This x