subway eating

Options
13»

Replies

• muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I like Subway - it's a good solution when I have forgotten my lunch. The only thing that bugs me is the HIGH SODIUM.
  • SeaStar
    SeaStar Posts: 113
    Options
    Random Question: Can you get a breakfast sandwich anytime? I haven't been there in over a year, but would if I could get breakfast nummies for lunch :)

yes you can
  • menard2530
    menard2530 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love it and I'm a "spicy" girl so I get their buffalo chicken sandwich with as many veggies as I can stand, but NO cheese of any kind and I take it home and use my FAT FREE ranch dressing so I can control the portion and the calories. Also, sometimes I add a little red wine vinegar to is cause I like that tang :)

Love me some Subway :)
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I don't take the Subway, but I eat in my truck all the time.
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    When I go, I actually get a salad. They can make any sandwich as a salad! I get the Oven Roasted Chicken Breast with tomato, onion, black olive, no cheese. I get just a tiny bit of their oil and vinegar, plus a bag of Light Lays(not every Subway has them), and the whole thing is roughly 300 calories.
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    every Subway has a calorie chart on the window of the counter- they have sevral choices under 500 calories- you can also see thier menu on line-

I eat there all the time- yummy!
  • KristieLynn007
    Options
    I like the veggie delite w/ swiss chess and aALL THE VEGGIES....WITH OIL AND VINEGAR.
  • ConnieB1979
    ConnieB1979 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Subway is my favorite go to fast food! I eat a 6in veggie with all the veggies except cucumber on wheat bread with honey mustard and no cheese. :tongue:
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    6" oven roasted chicken on wheat...lots of spinach and veggies. No cheese.

calories 370; carbs 47; Fat 10; Protein 27; Sodium 670
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    It worked for Jared.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • darylinny
    darylinny Posts: 146
    Options
    I LOVE SUBWAY...it's my go to option when I haven't a clue as to what to eat. They portion everything out!!! Just watch out for the condiments....the chipotle southwest sause is highly addictive and contains way more calories than some of the other choices. Happy tasting!!
  • AmandaBroun
    AmandaBroun Posts: 126
    Options
    I love a Subway sandwich every now and then. My biggest tip about eating there is get in, get your sub, and get out as quickly as possible. If you spend more than 5 minutes inside, you will reek of Subway for the rest of the day.
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options

:laugh: I thought of this too when I first saw the title.

I don't eat subway, Ever. Like the previous poster said, there is high fructose corn syrup and tons of sodium. I'll just stick to my own sandwich making.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    It's the lesser of most evils on the run. Just my $0.02
  • michaelgilstrap
    michaelgilstrap Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You can get any of the sandwiches as a salad

You can plan ahead and make your sandwich online to view the calories

The calories add up though, so you may want to consider asking them to cut it up into the right portions for you and split the meal up through the day.

I reccomend really loading up on veggies on your sandwich, I know some people who have them hollow out some of the bread so theres less bread and more room for veggies.

And I definately reccomend spinach over the lettuce.

And than of course be careful on your dressings at the end, they can really add up the calories. The sweet onion sauce is fat free but full of sugar, mustard is generally high in sodium, but no sugar or fat.

Most of your options just depend on how you would eat at home, and what you allow yourself.

And don't trust the low fat chips and try and avoid even diet soda if you can. If you do need a side there, they have little bags of apples.