not coming anymore

Options
I started coming in Nov. of last year but I have not logged in for two months because I don't get the support or congadulations when I loose weight. I've lost 15 pounds and I love to hear people tell me how good I'm doing. I need to hear someone say that it makes me feel like I have made a major change. Another reason is that when I get home I'm tired. I'm not following a diet I have cut down on the food I eat. I've been passing stuff that I love at the store. Am I the only one that likes to hear great job?

Replies

• fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I see you only have 2 friends on here, make more... lots more friends on here.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    You only have 2 friends. Try reaching out and getting more people on that list, the more people you have on the list, the more likely that one of the many will have a chance to say something in response to your updates.

P.S. Great job.
  • DistilledVixen
    DistilledVixen Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job!...Your doing great, keep up the good work. I love support also, I think that is why I love this site so much.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Good job on 15lbs lost, it's not easy to do. Remember it's slow and steady. For me, I set small goals and when I achieve them, that is the biggest payoff. Sometimes I gain and lose the same pound and my friends tell my 'Congratulations!' and I feel like a fraud. :P
  • ve022
    ve022 Posts: 21
    Options
    You are not the only one who needs to hear good job. But, being a teacher, I often remind my students that it also has to be an internal push. No one on the outside can control what you do, we can simply choose to say good job. Reality is, you should be your own congrats... your doing it should show you how strong you are instead of revealing how much you need other people to support what you do. If you can not push from the inside, it tends to be hard to maintain the life style in the long term. I am not yelling at you or telling you that wanting congrats is wrong... simply reminding you that the inside change should mean more to you.
  • PattyfromToledo
    PattyfromToledo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    We can't say "great job" if we don't know it... reach out and get more friends... friend me!!!
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this for myself, not for anyone else.

I definitely don't need to hear "Good Job" to keep at it...not that hearing it isn't nice.
  • EmilyMarieMo
    EmilyMarieMo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I agree... You need to start adding more friends on here to share with you in support! People often do thread that are about finding your "twin" (someone that is built like you and a similar amount of weight to lose like you) for them to find people to add as their friends. Or just start a new post all together that says you are looking for friends that will be the motivational support you need! And post your stats like age, height, starting weight, current weight and goal weight. You will find people to support you if you look for them or put yourself out there looking for friends. But coming on here looking for sympathy is not always the best way to find the support you need. Any amount of weight loss for someone over weight is a success! So high five to you! But now go look for more friends with similar goals as you to keep cheering you on!
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Great job on the 15 lbs! You do have to make more friends, but you can't do this for the high 5's you have to do it for you!!!
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    just make more friends. But really you either want to lose weight or you don't, if you don't log on just because you don't get attention from your MFP friends maybe you aren't that serious.
  • EmilyMarieMo
    EmilyMarieMo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You are not the only one who needs to hear good job. But, being a teacher, I often remind my students that it also has to be an internal push. No one on the outside can control what you do, we can simply choose to say good job. Reality is, you should be your own congrats... your doing it should show you how strong you are instead of revealing how much you need other people to support what you do. If you can not push from the inside, it tends to be hard to maintain the life style in the long term. I am not yelling at you or telling you that wanting congrats is wrong... simply reminding you that the inside change should mean more to you.

Amen!
  • Lorrie_73
    Lorrie_73 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said. Connect with more people to get more Friends. Search the Groups to find one similar with your interets and join it. Maybe a group with the same diet you are on, or the same geographical area, or a mutual hobby, or your age group, the possibilities of the Groups are endless. You gotta reach out for Friends and can't depend on random posts on the Forum. Good luck.
  • trina433
    trina433 Posts: 96
    Options
    sometimes you have to motivate yourself. you aren't always going to have a cheerleader on the sidelines.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Folks, please be nice here...
  • dupaboo
    dupaboo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in you get what you give. If you don't give very much then you won't get very much. I have friended people who have overcome the obstacles that I am currently facing or people who are where I am. I encourage, support and motivate them and it's reciprocated. Try reaching out to people - maybe reintroduce yourself??? It's nice to hear "well done" but for me it's not everything. Most of all - keep going!! Don't let the lack of "nice burn" or "wow" deter you from your own goal!!! Just one's perspective....
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Yeah....... stop doing everything that you are doing that is obviously working because you have not made an effort to make friends who WOULD support you. You arent supposed to be doing it for me or other hoards of people that you dont know. You do it for you. Make yourself known on the boards, pick up friends, get your own support circle. I have my friends list that is VERY supportive, but it has more than a few people on it. To get something out, you have to put something in.
  • joshmiller1998
    Options
    I know it's tough, I kinda felt the same way but I made new friends and it helps. Great Job and you keep it up!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,691 Member
    Options
    Looking for praise shouldn't be your motivation to lose weight. The only person you need confirmation from is you.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options

I see you only have 2 friends on here, make more... lots more friends on here.

I was going to suggest the same thing. Only your friends can see what you post. The rest of us can't. It doesn't mean we are ignoring you or anything.

15 lbs is a great accomplishment. You have proven you can do it and it does work. Keep on going. If you want to you can add me as a friend.

Best wishes
  • darylinny
    darylinny Posts: 146
    Options
    What everyone else said. Connect with more people to get more Friends. Search the Groups to find one similar with your interets and join it. Maybe a group with the same diet you are on, or the same geographical area, or a mutual hobby, or your age group, the possibilities of the Groups are endless. You gotta reach out for Friends and can't depend on random posts on the Forum. Good luck.

I agree!!!