What's for breakfast?

Options
neverstray
neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
I had two egg whites, a hillshire farm jalapeño sausage link, and 1/4 cup fat free cottage cheese.

Scrambled the egg and sausage together, then put the cottage cheese on top. Added a little salt and pepper.

214 calories.

How about you?

Replies

• ScotinSeattle
    ScotinSeattle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and a banana. I really need to do some shopping for myself. Although, eggs sound good.
  • rllewell
    rllewell Posts: 234
    Options
    I normally have frozen berries with cottage cheese and yogurt as soon as I get to work and I take my 2 Fruit Juice Plus+ capsules. Later I warm up a small bowl of oatmeal with rice milk around 10 am.
  • Cmh1211
    Cmh1211 Posts: 104
    Options
    lol thats exactly what i eat.... (at the oatmeal comment)

or my favorite is 4 egg whites with 1 slice of colby jack cheese and half a arnolds flat bread, with a yogurt on the side. all thats like 350 calories woot woot.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Egg beaters with peppers mixed in, whole wheat bagel thin with WW cream cheese.
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I had a green smoothie. (My every day morning)

2C Spinach, ground flax, frozen 5 fruit blend, greek yogurt (PC Raspberry and Cranberry), Organic vanilla almond milk, and a banana.
  • ma2ssevin
    Options
    I am a gastric bypass patient and I am looking for low carb, high protien. Today I had pepperoni slices and a cheese stick. iced tea. handful of almonds. tastse good to me! I was glad not to give into the pizza my kid yr old offered me!
  • lisas11222
    lisas11222 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am a gastric bypass patient and I am looking for low carb, high protien. Today I had pepperoni slices and a cheese stick. iced tea. handful of almonds. tastse good to me! I was glad not to give into the pizza my kid yr old offered me!

OK so I don't want you to think i'm being judgmental, but we need to get you a healthier start to the day. A good balance of carbs and protein is the key. Not in excess of one over the other. I have PCOS, where I have to constantly watch my carbs, and my nutritionist still recommends that I get 30 each meal. High protein diets are usually coupled with high amounts of saturated fats, high in cholesterol and low in fiber (unless done right). Next breakfast, how does two eggs (whites only), garlic and onion sound with a banana?
  • kizzaii
    kizzaii Posts: 52
    Options
    I had a cheese&ham toasted sandwich & a satsuma. 204 cals yum.
  • KtLou7
    KtLou7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have PASTA for breakie most days.
    Wholewheat/grain pasta is really good.

I either have Pasta, Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Egg or Pasta, Tin Tomatoes and Mushrooms.

Keeps hunger locked up til lunch............ (sorry Shreddies :p)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt with a bit of lemon juice then when I got to the university I had a chicken wrap.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I had Ready Brek with Skimmed Milk, some Blueberries and a cup of tea :D
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    my current fave :

breakfast sandwich :
    1 med egg, 60 cals
    whole wheat English muffin, 100 cals
    1/2 slice weight watchers cheese, 23 cals
    1 slice bacon, 18 cals

yogurt, 100 cals

grand total : 301 calories.

i add a bit of salt, turmeric, and garlic powder to the egg before cooking. gives it a great flavor.
  • lisas11222
    lisas11222 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well, I have a hard time with any meal. Breakfast, I had to make my easiest. I don't eat gluten, dairy or meat. So I cook my lunch and dinner. I'd be cooking all day if I had to cook my breakfast too.

So, I had: A protein shake with almond milk unsweetened and banana blended.
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Protein Pancakes, an orange, and a crystal light energry mix.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    oatmeal eaten like grits with braggs liquid aminos and hot sauce... gotta lay off the sauce... lol!
  • krocksa
    krocksa Posts: 32
    Options
    4 egg white omelet with assorted veggies and slice of cheese. If I'm going to the gym within the hour I'll also have a Lite Whole Grain English Muffin, dry or with I can't Beilieve It's Not Butter spray. Yummy and filling!
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Multigrain peanut butter cheerios, skim milk, banana
  • cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, 2 egg whites and pear
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I had a breakfast sandwich with whole wheat muffin thins with 2 whole eggs cooked with cooking spray and reduced fat pork sausage patty very feeling!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    GNC pro performance AMP 100% Whey Cookies and cream protein shake with 2T of half and half, 1 c of half caff coffee, and a 1/2T of vanilla (a protein filled frapp)

note: getting up at 445a, I dont feel like cooking a whole lot