Hey, who started around New Years?

Replies

• JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    I started December 27
  • AlbionLass
    AlbionLass Posts: 136
    Started January 1st, down 34 so far. The MFP app has been a great help.
  • emmaruns
    emmaruns Posts: 189 Member
    There is no such thing as failure! Only giving up! I bounced around the same 3 pounds for awhile, but I stuck with it and that's how I am where I am. Anyone who is frustrated, just look at what you're doing and see where you can tweak.

For me, I needed to eat more. I have a treaddesk - walk 6-10 miles per day during the workweek plus I was doing the elliptical. I thought the weight would fall off like a guy, lol. But it didn't until I upped my calories.

Now I'm doing a zig zag experiment. 3-4 days lower cals, followed by 3-4 days at maintenance. We shall see!

Emily
  • gagesmom314
    gagesmom314 Posts: 101 Member
    I started January 30 and have lost 22 pounds. I have started exercising as much as I can (having knee surgery on March 29.) and eating MUCH better.
  • gtfcnat
    gtfcnat Posts: 199
    I started on the 9th Jan - only lost 5lbs so far but I'm changing my lifestyle as well and have recently started going to the gym :smile:
  • djkamin60
    djkamin60 Posts: 88
    I started on January 9th with a Community Weight Race. Joined MFP 20 days ago. In total, lost 12.4 lbs so far. Need to lose a lot more. Been kinda stuck the last two weeks, but just have to keep at it.
  • cujoamoog
    cujoamoog Posts: 5 Member
    started Jan 1. Down 33 pounds so far.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    I started on January 1, after I saw some photos of me at the beach during vacation. I started on here the day I got back home, and I've found this to be a great tool to help me out, and I've been very happy with the progress.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    great job everyone for sticking to it!!! this is definitely the longest i've been committed to being healthy. it was my goal to start in january which i half committed the first two weeks but i have been fully committed since 2 or 3 weeks into january i don't remember!! but overall i have lost 8ish pounds :)
  • melissa221979
    melissa221979 Posts: 34 Member
    i started 2nd Jan 2012 and have lost 17 pounds of excess baby weight and im over the moon, am now back in most of my pre pregnancy clothes. MFP has worked brilliantly for me! Well done everyone!
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    I've had a MFP acct since 2009 but I didn't get serious or log regurlarly until jan 1st of this year. I've lost 25 lbs so far! I couldn't be happier with my progress.
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    I started around New Year's, and have lost 15 of the 30 I want to lose. The weight loss was at 2 pounds a week (even though I had it set at 1 pound) and now has slowed down over the past few weeks from 0.5 to 1 pound.

No excuses, but I haven't done much exercising since starting mfp, short of giving my dog some 1/2 hour brisk walks. Looking to incorporate that soon, but finding including the exercise much harder than managing what I eat.
  • Raina27
    Raina27 Posts: 133
    I started right after the New Year and I have lost 24lbs (maybe more since im not weighing in til April 1st) just through eating better and exercise!! :)
  • tequila09
    I started on the 9th Jan - only lost 5lbs so far but I'm changing my lifestyle as well and have recently started going to the gym :smile:

me too!! i use to eat junk everyday!! but now i am focusing on eating food that is good for me with the occasional junk :) and i have started my commitment of hitting the gym 3 times a week minimum!
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    I joined between Christmas and New Years with no intention of doing anything until Jan 2nd. Since then I have lost 24lbs and had many, MANY high calorie meals in there. Lol.

Exercise and not stressing over not losing or gaining a pound here or there, along with a gentle but hard gym routine has worked for me.
  • Capt_Chev
    Capt_Chev Posts: 93 Member
    I started seriously logging on Jan 1st this year, the first two months went really well, lately not so much.
    But I'm determined to follow through this and get back on a proper track!

:)
  • tequila09
    I started around New Year's, and have lost 15 of the 30 I want to lose. The weight loss was at 2 pounds a week (even though I had it set at 1 pound) and now has slowed down over the past few weeks from 0.5 to 1 pound.

No excuses, but I haven't done much exercising since starting mfp, short of giving my dog some 1/2 hour brisk walks. Looking to incorporate that soon, but finding including the exercise much harder than managing what I eat.

same! it is easier for me to plan what i eat and watch calories than making time for working out. i recently moved in with my bf so i can't make excuses anymore!! this week is the start of going to the gym 3 times a week. i'm going today after class!! :) it really does make you feel better and i'm a lazy lazy person haha
  • jadashute08
    jadashute08 Posts: 56 Member
    I started in Jan also I lost 4 lbs the 1st week prior to coming back to MFP. And I have lost an additional 25 lbs since around the 2nd week of Jan.
  • I joined the middle of January and so happy I did. I'm down 15lbs only 20 to go :) MFP has helped me portion control which was my main problem and I now I actually enjoy working out.
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    I restarted doing yoga everyday on Jan 2nd and MFP just about 2 weeks ago. So far I've lost 9 lbs several more to go. I should reach my goal by birthday in October.