• addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    A ban on the word tone
  • seven3
    seven3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Never posted on here before, but had to get in on this:

1. The old guy who hangs out in the gym most mornings, who I've NEVER seen exercise other than occasionally walk around the indoor track with a towel around his neck. Instead, he walks around obnoxiously annoying others, talking loudly, making up ridiculous and sometimes inappropriate nicknames for random strangers, and giving impromptu vocabulary tests to people who are trying to exercise. I HATE THAT GUY!

2. The guys in the locker room who are "bank walkers." (A bank walker is the person who, when you go skinny dipping, doesn't get in the water, but remains on the bank so that everybody gets a good view.) Yes, we all gotta get naked to change and shower, but we don't have to parade around, guys. I don't want more than an incidental glimpse of your junk.

3. "Squatters," mentioned by someone else above. It's an exercise machine/weight bench, not a couch.

4. The guy who brought his 6 yr old daughter into the men's locker room. I have a daughter, too. On what planet did you think that was proper? And yes, we have dressing rooms for that purpose.
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I wish my gym had a ban on gyms
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    women who wear shorts so small and short you can see there vagina when they stretch. yes this bothers me, how would you feel if my stuff was hanging out all the time??

You've seen someone's vagina?? Wow.

Im outraged. which gym was this did you say?

yey, i am glad your upset to, this really is a problem! i cant' say which gym because of confidentiality reasons.
  • zephyrionitis
    Options
    Sounds odd, but I want a ban on anyone who smokes marijuana in my gym. I like going into the Sauna or Steam room after a workout but now I can't go in when there are certain people in there because they obviously smoke and it absolutely reeks like marijuana. not to mention when they are working out in the same general area that stench wafts over to me and tends to permeate the whole gym. They aren't smoking in the gym, and I know it's not my business what they do but I hate working out or being surrounded by the smell. Thankfully its only a few people, and they are coming less frequently.
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    I wish my gym had a ban on ___________

Laying on your machine! There are girls half my weight, much younger who always lay across their elliptical or treadmill. Kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?:grumble:
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I wish my gym had a ban on.....complainers.
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    women who wear shorts so small and short you can see there vagina when they stretch. yes this bothers me, how would you feel if my stuff was hanging out all the time??
    WHY U MAD BRO!?!
    this is something that would motivate me to goto the gym

I love my wife.
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Socializing! There is a reason why I have my headphones on and don't have a workout partner - I don't want to talk to anyone.
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I wish my gym had a ban on.....complainers.
    I wish my gym had a ban on dudes who take pics of them selves infront of the mirror while im doing my set, jeez dude
  • rockerchic1879
    Options
    Children.... which to me is ANYONE under 18.... (well, I could make an exception here and there, but it would be a case by case basis).

AND.... Mother's who have no freakin' sense and bring their 8 yr. old SON into the WOMEN'S locker room! There are FAMILY locker rooms just for this situation.

You must not have kids...

I agree with kids not being in the gym part, but sometimes you have to drag your son into the women's locker room if the family one is full! Especially if he has to pee. I am not sending him in the men's locker room by himself!

Your 8 year old can't manage to pee by himself?

I must be a totally slack parent cause my 5 year old manages just fine by himself.

ok hold up! I see both sides of this, BUT when you are a single mom and raising a boy, YES they can go to the bathroom by themselves but they cannot go into a public facilty w/o US. There have been way too many circumstances where boys as old as 13 go in and get molested or even raped and their mother is in the womens locker room a few feet away. My son is 11, I allow him to go on his own but he is to scream or yell for me if he needs me. When the world becomes a better place to raise our kids than we will let them go. Call me overprotective if you will. So GENTLEMEN...don't be surprised if a crazed woman enters your domain just pack it back in!
  • fitswimmer09
    Options
    People who leave all their crap in the shower room while they go work out. We have lockers for your stuff, you don't need to leave it on one of the 3 lousy benches we have for 6 showers. You aren't saving that much time being inconsiderate of others.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    or when big people use the treadmill and power walk with no incline, it is like honestly, put the incline up a little bit and you will burn so many more calories.

I have a knee injury, I can walk on the treadmill, but putting it on an incline does further damage to my knee (according to my physio, surgeon and the pain that it involves). Why not just concentrate on your burn and not judge others?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Women in the free weight room when there is a "Women's Gym" section fully furnished. Not that I don't mind a little "eye candy" but not in the gym and not with the cameltoe look in her spandex. That's pretty ferocious when it is all sweaty down there.

Obviously, I'm speaking about someone in particular. Hopefully she's not on MFP...
    WTF...want me to wear a full hijab while you are at it. I workout in the free weight part of the gym, last time i looked i didn´t have a penis but nobody will tell me that i should workout somewhere else.
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Grunting, I don't know why but it really bothers me

that and people that use the mechens to sit and talk on the phone and not to work out
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Cardio.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    1) those sorority girls who always give you the up down when you walk past them with 20 lb dumbells
    2) boys who sit on the equipment i need changing songs on their ipod
    3) people who come in the gym clearly sneezing and sick...SO gross!!
  • EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Women in the free weight room when there is a "Women's Gym" section fully furnished. Not that I don't mind a little "eye candy" but not in the gym and not with the cameltoe look in her spandex. That's pretty ferocious when it is all sweaty down there.

Obviously, I'm speaking about someone in particular. Hopefully she's not on MFP...
    WTF...want me to wear a full hijab while you are at it. I workout in the free weight part of the gym, last time i looked i didn´t have a penis but nobody will tell me that i should workout somewhere else.

Hahahaah awesome response. Also dude, I would totally utilize my women's section of the gym if the dumbbells ran above 30lbs. -.-
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I wish my gym had a ban on food commercials showing up on tv while im working out
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options

Hahahaah awesome response. Also dude, I would totally utilize my women's section of the gym if the dumbbells ran above 30lbs. -.-

HOLY MOLY! with those arms I doubt any man would make you move to a different section, you obviously know what your doing