Fish recipies??

Options
2»

Replies

• DarrenSeeley
    DarrenSeeley Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Frozen flounder? That is SUCH a bloke thing to do and has given me my first hearty laugh of the day - I bet he had the proud smile of the successful hunter gatherer too. My partner was once sent shopping late afternoon on Christmas Eve to buy a small packet of smoked salmon to serve as an appetiser, returning with, instead, a huge whole raw salmon sufficient to feed about 18. Naturally there was no room at all in the fridge or the freezer...

Anyway, fish is so versatile and so healthy. Low fat cream cheese or low fat creme fraiche work really well as sauces, and season with lemon, black pepper, and any green herb. If you're not cutting out carbs altogether, you could bake it with precooked pasta, or top with some mashed potato to create a pie. If you're low carb, just season and wrap in foil to cook, it will taste wonderful served with a selection of your favourite vegetables.

Generalising about mens' ability to follow instructions. That's SUCH a woman thing to do.

;-)
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Sorry - I did wonder if i'd come over as sexist. I didn't mean to be, but my story is true, not a generalism. And regardless of whether it's a man or woman, someone being sent out to "to buy healthy" and coming back with a huge great big frozen flounder is a bit funny, surely? Hell, maybe it's just being British that made me laugh...
  • mem1086
    mem1086 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I found a healthy fishcake recipe on here. They were pretty good. Search "fishcake" and you should find it.
  • mblanchard0625
    mblanchard0625 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    simply season with salt and pepper and pan fry. THE BEST way! sometimes I do a light dusting of bread crumbs with some lemon dill seasoning.
  • tayca9174
    tayca9174 Posts: 37
    Options
    I wish I could buy fresh fish but I live in Wisconsin and all the fish at the grocery stores they sell as "fresh" has been previously frozen and thawed :-( I will be going to San Diego in a few days and hope to get some fresh fish there to cook and eat! :-)
  • augstrac
    augstrac Posts: 14
    Options
    I buy frozen tilapia, eventhough it isn't the best because it is frozen. I bake mine in 2% milk. All you have to do is put the fish in a pan to put it in the oven, pour the milk to come about 1/2 the way up the fish and then season it with garlic and herb seasoning.