Zumba Rush XBOX

Options

Replies

• godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded the demo. If I like it enough I might pick it up when it is a bit cheaper :)
  • RobinStarr_RN
    RobinStarr_RN Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hiiiii I did my first Zumba rush workout last night it says 150 cals but this source from net said around 500 I'm confused because I don't feel like I'm actually. Working out
  • ktkatz
    ktkatz Posts: 6
    Options
    you can choose your intensity & it tells you how many calories burned.

I just got the game too, i have only played it once but only had it like a week. I did not know you could choose your intensity or that it showed the calories. im gonna have to pop it back in and get my Zumba on..
  • ktkatz
    ktkatz Posts: 6
    Options
    I am interested in hearing replys! I've been doing Zumba at the gym for a few weeks and love it. For those of you that have done a Zumba class and also a video game dvd....how does it compare?

Sorry to hijack!:smile:

I have done both and i will say it comes pretty close to the class, only difference is in the class i have more room to move around with 2 daughter joining in, then i do at home, but the work out is just as good.
  • ladybugfrenzy
    ladybugfrenzy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I first tried Zumba at the gyma and instantly fell in love! It is hard for me to go with my husband back in school and a daughter in first grade so I bought the first DVD package and then I was given Zumba II for the Wii at Christmas. They are amazing. I prefer the Wii game because the song choice is better. I find I burn more calories in a live class than with the game and video but it is not that great of a difference. I use my heart rate monitor and it consistently shows about 100 cals less than what Zumba shows. One of my instructors did tell me that we can burn up to 200 cals after class. I tried it and in class I burned 700 and by the end of another hour or so it was over 200 extra. I also dance with my daughter for Just Dance 3. That is another good workout.
  • jezebe11e
    Options
    I have the original Zumba for Kinect and I love it. I use it 5 days a week, and go to live Zumba classes 2 days a week. I love them both, and I think I'm going to go pick up a copy of Zumba Rush this week. :D
  • looby_loo91
    Options
    I have Zumba 2 for the Wii and definitely finding it good to supplement gym workouts and actual zumba classes! I'm a student so limited space means my workout is limited too as can't dance around quite as much as I'd like to but still, exercise is exercise!!
    LOVE the classes, if you like the workouts then I'd definitely recommend trying a class at least once or twice. It's so much fun and I'm totally uncoordinated but everyone else is in the same boat as you and you will pick it up! Promise :)
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm loving Zumba Rush.
  • ToBeCountry
    ToBeCountry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bought it today! Can't wait to try it.
  • jennilovesryan
    Options
    which do you think is more accurate: the online zumba calculator or the in game calorie calculator? the game doesn't ask your weight and i don't have a hrm so i'm confused on which one to use!!!!
  • rhonda4eversmiles
    rhonda4eversmiles Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! I have both the Zumba and Zumba2 for the Wii..I am not sure how they compare to the Xbox 360 with the kinect...but I am hooked! I learned alot of the steps at home with the game. Then joined a gym and started taking different classes and Zumba is by far my favorite. At my gym they have Zumba Gold for 40+, Aqua Zumba (not as impressed with this one) and then regular Zumba. I like my instructor...who shows modifications to help those who have health or joint issues. And there are all ages...so cool! I have tried some more intense classes and I came out hurting and NO FUN! So Zumba is my class of choice...never thought working out would be such fun!!
  • kristin1219
    Options
    I dont have an xbox....but I just ordered wii zumba fitness and i cant wait til i t gets here!
  • gemzy24
    gemzy24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have tried a Zumba class before and didnt enjoy it, too busy for my liking and to fast for beginners i felt i have the xbox with kinect and have currently been doing just dance and my shape which i love too. I heard about the Zumba rush game and thought i would give a go well Im in love with this game i brought it monday evening and have used it every night for the short classes to ease my way into the game i find myself waking up in the morning looking forward to my workout that day im going to continue with the short class for this week then up to the next one but i love it and highly recommend it :-)
  • Callidreamr
    Callidreamr Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have tried a Zumba class before and didnt enjoy it, too busy for my liking and to fast for beginners i felt i have the xbox with kinect and have currently been doing just dance and my shape which i love too. I heard about the Zumba rush game and thought i would give a go well Im in love with this game i brought it monday evening and have used it every night for the short classes to ease my way into the game i find myself waking up in the morning looking forward to my workout that day im going to continue with the short class for this week then up to the next one but i love it and highly recommend it :-)

You caught the fever!! Isn't it fun? I have never taken a live class, but I could imagine after doing Zumba Rush fo a while, it's got to be easier to catch on. I really thought I wouldn't like the swing songs, but I've found that even those routines are a lot of fun!
  • sugarandspice11
    Options
    I just bought Zumba Rush tonight and I love it so far! It's a great buy for sure and I can't wait to see some results with it! :)
  • ggg10031955
    Options
    I don't have the zumba xbox, but I do go to a gym that has Zumba classes and I love them. It's a solid hour of fun but burning calories in a fun way. I go twice a week and wouldn't give it up for anything. Love, Love, Love it. Zumba is great!!!
  • Tranquil_Miche
    Options
    I am so buying the Xbox version!! Thanks for the review. I was wondering if it would be just awesome.

I bought it, and i love it. My mom even joined in while she was over visiting. My husband was having a blast too. It is a lot of fun, but man I found out I have no coordination or endurance for that matter. I created a custom class with low intensity for now. I tried a high intensity one and I about died. LOL! I too look forward to it, which is totally weird for me.
  • l2rell
    l2rell Posts: 88
    Options
    My husband got me Zumba rush for kinect today it was my mothers day present we just tried it out hubby n all I was way too imbaresed to dance about in front of him b4 but today I couldn't give too hoots n carried on by myself lol then the 4 kids kept getting in the way think I'll have another go tonite lol
  • Mera_Mera
    Mera_Mera Posts: 153
    Options
    Zumba Rush for Kinect is excellent for cardio. I used the 20 min interval 5x a week and on each session, I burn between 300-400 calories. If I increase the time of the workout, I can easily burn more than 500 calories in one day. You sweat, you have fun, and you barely know that you are workingout. That's how much fun it is!
  • skinnymochalatte
    Options
    Ok. I see everyone saying their calorie count is low... But I've been doing Medium length classes medium/high intensity and it says 1000 calories on my counter. Am I missing something? Maybe the counter changed since the last update?