anyone else sneak in workouts all day?

Options

Replies

• phillieschic
    Options
    Most definitely! I've been busted doing lunges and squats (always three sets of 20 for each) while waiting on jobs to come out of the printer! My co-worker laughs at me...but the joke is on her because my hiney and thighs are getting smaller and TIGHT!
  • spazwgeo
    spazwgeo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    At night I work out in the gas station that is part of a bigger store. I'm all alone in the gas station part so between customers I do squats and stuff. There are security cameras so I always wonder what those guys must think!! :)
  • memega
    memega Posts: 73
    Options
    Take+a+Break.jpg
  • smeklc
    smeklc Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I work and take classes online from home so when I lose my focus I do a 15 minute cardio or get on the elliptical until I regain my focus.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I have a really light calisthenics routine. Takes me roughly 7 minutes to perform. I try to get through it 5 times a day. Since the company has graciously provided smoke an am and pm 15 minute smoke break, I close my door and take advantage of those times to get in a quick set and again at lunch (and one when I get up and before I got ot bed).

25 X Pushups
    20 X Squats
    20 X Bench Dips
    50 X Toe Raises
    20 X Crossed Knee Crunches L
    20 X Crossed Knee Crunches R
    25 X Butt Raises (a kind of cheesy reverse crunch of sorts)
    20 X Situps

It raises a few eyebrows when people come to my office, look through the window and see me on the floor doing situps, but I simply point out that I can't afford a gym and would have no time to go if I could, so work workouts it is.

Now If I could just convince them not to freakin' bother me during those times. I mean, would they go down and interrupt people who are outside smoking? No. But they think nothing of knocking on my door for the most ridiculous things, "I just sent you and email." "I'm going to call you later to talk about something." "I have no real reason for interrupting you, but I want you to know I saw what you are doing so I will make up a stupid excuse to open your door."
  • snowbirdy
    snowbirdy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I do side steps at the copier and arm circles at my desk, plus hold my legs straight out and do butterfly beats in and out as fast as I can while typing :)
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Ha! I totally do squat sets in the bathroom several times a day. Oh and sometimes against the wall push ups.
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    i know this may sound weird but during bathroom breaks at work i try to do some lunges or standing ab moves i figure its a way to add some extra burn and strength!

i do this too:bigsmile:
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    why not? every freakin fitness/beauty magazine out there says to... Keep it up! it IS a good idea. just like parking far away and taking the stairs when you can

On a personal note I dont read those magazines anymore cause they only make me feel inadequate and ugly.
    You are certainly not ugly or inadequate!!! You are a beautiful person, seriously I am not saying it just to be nice you really are. ;-)
  • A_Bowen3
    A_Bowen3 Posts: 21
    Options
    when i go to the bathroom at my job at the school i do push ups and at my other job at a hotel, i go in rooms that have not been cleaned that guest have check out of, i do some crunches and push ups
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I'll do calf raises and squats/lunges in the morning... but I'm usually here before everyone else.
    Helps warm up my knees and keeps them from hurting all day.
    Also its usually 58-60f in the office, so anything helps.
  • Mandie69
    Mandie69 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I do it too...I walk to the bathroom that is the furthest away from my office and then I jog on the spot so my Fitbit can pick up the extra steps!!
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    When grocery shopping, I like to exercise my core by letting the cart roll out in front of me while I keep my feet in the same spot and then pulling it back to me. Kind of like a tall version of an ab wheel.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I always have! I do toe touches while I let hair conditioner 'soak' into my hair. I always park my car as far away as possible at malls, stores, parks, etc. I do 'butt crunches' at red lights and can't even imagine the strange looks on my face. I give my grandson tons of 'horsey rides', not just for him. And if I'm in a hosp. waiting room I will slide down the wall with my back against it to tighten my thighs. My son is 22 but I was going through some of his old stuff from preschool and I found a big flower made of construction paper that said: My mom is the best because she......runs in circles! I had to laugh at that one. :)
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    i know this may sound weird but during bathroom breaks at work i try to do some lunges or standing ab moves i figure its a way to add some extra burn and strength!
    Im an RN in Home Care. After I see my patients and before I come home or go back to sattelite office, I sneak into gym for a quickie 45 minutes if I know Im having a late day and won't get there later! It helps me to refocus!!!
  • jhehle
    jhehle Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    yes i do!! i do all kinds of short small exercises in between patients here at work and do not log them, but consider them bonuses. I also run in place while i microwave my food for lunch lol, i sound like such a dork, but it helps me move :)
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I do take the stairs at work when I can. Not always possible, because sometimes I have a cart with me. But, starting today a friend of mine and I are going to start walking at lunch. We only get a half hour lunch break, but I timed walking around the first floor of hospital, walk out to parking garage and take steps down and then up and get off on a different floor and walk through ground floor and go up hospital stairs. Takes about 12 minutes.
    But, I do like the other ideas. I am going to have to start doing some of them. I do during the day when I am standing still do things like swaying back and forth (little dance).
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    when i go to the bathroom at my job at the school i do push ups and at my other job at a hotel, i go in rooms that have not been cleaned that guest have check out of, i do some crunches and push ups

One word..."Ewww"
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher (part-time at the moment), and it's important when I'm with the little ones to get down to their level when I'm chatting with them or giving individual instructions or assistance (and especially when discussing a behavioural issue). It's so fun/funny when the next day I feel like I've done a million squats and my butt/thighs hurt!